Blues Trade Proposals 2018-2019 - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
if blues are gonna make a trade, they need to trade for another Dman. depth there is lacking.
Do you think so? I think we could be much worse off than Borts/Carl/Schmaltz as our 6-7-8 guys. IMO it's a little more difficult to integrate a defenseman into a lineup quickly than a forward too.

I'd give them Blais and a 2nd.

Hoffman would be perfect here. Really solid goal scorer and strong on the power play. It sounds like the off-ice stuff with his wife/girlfriend may have been blown out of proportion too.

I'd cash in on Blais' somewhat decent value now for a 25 goal scoring winger with another year on his contract.
Yeah Blais is probably on the top of my tradebait list, I'm just not sure he has that much value.

Kostin is probably worth around a 1st, and we don't have ours this season. Kostin just scares me that he will go back to Russia if he doesn't see the NHL next season, and Im not sure what his ceiling really is. One in the hand is worth two in the bush, as the saying goes.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
If that's what Donato can return, then I like what Sanford or Blais could bring.
I am warming up to the idea of moving one of them for a 2nd-liner that can help.

MacEachern has basically passed up Blais. I view Austin Poganski as another bottom 6 guy - possibly next season. So we could do it for sure.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Do you think so? I think we could be much worse off than Borts/Carl/Schmaltz as our 6-7-8 guys. IMO it's a little more difficult to integrate a defenseman into a lineup quickly than a forward too.

Yeah Blais is probably on the top of my tradebait list, I'm just not sure he has that much value.

Kostin is probably worth around a 1st, and we don't have ours this season. Kostin just scares me that he will go back to Russia if he doesn't see the NHL next season, and Im not sure what his ceiling really is. One in the hand is worth two in the bush, as the saying goes.
If he wants to bolt to Russia, cool. He wont step foot in the NHL for the foreseeable future...and it sounds like he'd rather be in the NHL

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I am warming up to the idea of moving one of them for a 2nd-liner that can help.

MacEachern has basically passed up Blais. I view Austin Poganski as another bottom 6 guy - possibly next season. So we could do it for sure.
We have quite a few bottom 6 guys that will be NHLers. Not that that is anything to toot our horn about but itll keep doug from trading for them and signing them to horrible contracts :laugh:

Hopefully Minny will get the ball rolling and GMs will start to panick. I'd imagine Boston is out of the market now

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
We have quite a few bottom 6 guys that will be NHLers. Not that that is anything to toot our horn about but itll keep doug from trading for them and signing them to horrible contracts :laugh:

Hopefully Minny will get the ball rolling and GMs will start to panick. I'd imagine Boston is out of the market now
Bruins were reportedly looking hard for 3C and 2RW. Coyle could reasonably play either. Given how cheap they got him, I'd expect they make another move or 2.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Market is over-saturated and players are going for very cheap. That is a 26 year-old quality 3rd line center with another year on his contract for a guy that doesn't look much better than Sammy Blais.

Edit: Actually maybe not. People seem to be much higher on Donato than his AHL/NHL numbers would suggest.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box

But it would look a whole lot better with Carl out to say Borts/Eddy/Schmaltz, if Eddy isn't part of the deal.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Market is over-saturated and players are going for very cheap. That is a 26 year-old quality 3rd line center with another year on his contract for a guy that doesn't look much better than Sammy Blais.

Edit: Actually maybe not. People seem to be much higher on Donato than his AHL/NHL numbers would suggest.
He entered the league like gangbusters....then fizzled.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
I'd be inquiring on Staal if the fire sale is underway in Minnesota.

It appears MN is preferring to trade for NHL players as opposed to futures and is selling at below market value.

Who could we subtract from the NHL roster without upsetting team chemistry that MN would also have interest in?

Reactions: CaliBlues710

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
It's unclear to me how much cap space we truly have. I know we were very tight on cap space to start the year but due to the number of injuries we sustained this year and our roster construction, I think we banked cap space throughout the course of the year that can be used to fit the prorated contract of someone like Nelson in.

Screenshot_20190220-173956_Chrome.jpg

As per Capfriendly, Nelson's remaining cap hit on the season is 1.05 mil. We could add him and a forward with a 12 mil cap hit (pro rates to approx 3 mil for rest of season) if we were so inclined and had the required assets.

We also have contract space to spare, so taking a run at signing a college free agent this summer is likely. Or, signing multiple free agents.

ItsOnlytheRiver

Mar 25, 2010
View attachment 189335

As per Capfriendly, Nelson's remaining cap hit on the season is 1.05 mil. We could add him and a forward with a 12 mil cap hit (pro rates to approx 3 mil for rest of season) if we were so inclined and had the required assets.

We also have contract space to spare, so taking a run at signing a college free agent this summer is likely. Or, signing multiple free agents.
Are you sure about that? I always thought that 5 mill number meant you could take on a guy who is getting 5 million a year.

Reactions: Blueston

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Not positive, but based on how they set up their player pages it's my understanding of how the team page is read. I could be wrong about it.

Screenshot_20190220-190713_Chrome.jpg

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
I dont question the pro-rated salary part being the only part that has to fit under the cap.

What I'm not sure of is how much space the Blues have actually banked. Its convoluted. If the number banked is really 5M+, Blues can add some big AAV based on the prorated amount left.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
I dont question the pro-rated salary part being the only part that has to fit under the cap.

What I'm not sure of is how much space the Blues have actually banked. Its convoluted. If the number banked is really 5M+, Blues can add some big AAV based on the prorated amount left.
I don't think those numbers include Perron or Gunnarson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad