Blues Trade Proposals 2018-2019 - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Saw your post on the main boards. I'd be interested in Dzingel but where would he slot into our lineup? LW is pretty crowded already. It's nice to have so much depth and roster flexibility. If Schenn moved back to center, there is an immediate need at LW. However, I'm not sure that line should be broken up. I guess we will have clarity in a few more days.

Loving the 11-game streak but it couldn't have come at a worse time right before the TDL. It's forcing DA to be a buyer and to stand pat at the same time.
He can play either wing.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I think chemistry is a problem when there is a weak team culture. But Berube has seen to it that the Blues have a strong culture now. They have a solid work ethic on the ice, and the players are playing for each other. You can add a good player to that mix and improve the team.

I doubt Armstrong does anything though. Maybe he'll get a 'meh' depth player for peanuts, just for playoff depth. I don't think there is a hockey trade out there right now that makes sense for the Blues. In the off-season I could see him moving on from Allen, acquiring a veteran to run a tandem with Binnington, and acquiring a LHD, as well as re-signing Bouwmeester for 2 years.
With how wide open the west is, he has to really do his homework on getting a guy. Perron's return is uncertain and Schwartz can only do so much with his line.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
I think chemistry is a problem when there is a weak team culture. But Berube has seen to it that the Blues have a strong culture now. They have a solid work ethic on the ice, and the players are playing for each other. You can add a good player to that mix and improve the team.

I doubt Armstrong does anything though. Maybe he'll get a 'meh' depth player for peanuts, just for playoff depth. I don't think there is a hockey trade out there right now that makes sense for the Blues. In the off-season I could see him moving on from Allen, acquiring a veteran to run a tandem with Binnington, and acquiring a LHD, as well as re-signing Bouwmeester for 2 years.

For the love of all humanity J-Bow better not be a Blue next season. I don't care if he's played better recently. He's 35 years old and played atrocious the last 2 seasons. Now it's his walking year and all of a sudden he's playing better? Shocker. Turn the page already.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
For the love of all humanity J-Bow better not be a Blue next season. I don't care if he's played better recently. He's 35 years old and played atrocious the last 2 seasons. Now it's his walking year and all of a sudden he's playing better? Shocker. Turn the page already.
I don't think both of Gunnarsson and Bouwmeester will walk. I'd prefer to keep Bouwmeester. You can't ignore his improvement after recovering from surgery. Maybe that had an impact the last couple years? Anyway, I think you're more likely to get another solid season out of him than Gunnarsson, and the 2nd year is just necessary for signing a veteran. If he's supplanted from the top 2 pairings because the Blues have better, then great.

But the replacement options in the open market are not strong, so letting him walk is probably a mistake.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
With how wide open the west is, he has to really do his homework on getting a guy. Perron's return is uncertain and Schwartz can only do so much with his line.

It feels like there could be a quality value trade to be made soon

Zucc, Dzingel, Hoffman, etc.

There are a lot of good 2nd tier players behind Stone, Panarin, Duchene. We may have to make a move if NSH, CGY, WPG wind up making a big move. This could easily be our year to win the West. We've got to keep pace.

The flip side argument is that this team will be back next year with all of the same core pieces in place. Maybe now isn't the time to make a move. Maybe we should wait to see if Binnington can handle the playoffs before we move even more future pieces for current help.

I don't know. I'm fine giving up a late 2nd round pick for current 2nd line help if that is the price.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
I don't think both of Gunnarsson and Bouwmeester will walk. I'd prefer to keep Bouwmeester. You can't ignore his improvement after recovering from surgery. Maybe that had an impact the last couple years? Anyway, I think you're more likely to get another solid season out of him than Gunnarsson, and the 2nd year is just necessary for signing a veteran. If he's supplanted from the top 2 pairings because the Blues have better, then great.

But the replacement options in the open market are not strong, so letting him walk is probably a mistake.

Honestly it doesn't matter to me what the reason for improvement is. He's 35 and his iron man days are long behind him. Just say no to bo

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
I love Simmonds, but the guy I like isn't around any more. It would be like getting Backes back. The guy we love doesn't exist as a player any more.
I've seen shades of him and think it may be rejuvenated on a new team and a Playoff run/different line mates, but no guarantees. I was just wondering what the thoughts were in Blues land with your recent play and all.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
It feels like there could be a quality value trade to be made soon

Zucc, Dzingel, Hoffman, etc.

There are a lot of good 2nd tier players behind Stone, Panarin, Duchene. We may have to make a move if NSH, CGY, WPG wind up making a big move. This could easily be our year to win the West. We've got to keep pace.

The flip side argument is that this team will be back next year with all of the same core pieces in place. Maybe now isn't the time to make a move. Maybe we should wait to see if Binnington can handle the playoffs before we move even more future pieces for current help.

I don't know. I'm fine giving up a late 2nd round pick for current 2nd line help if that is the price.
Yea, that's the caliber of player I'm looking at. You can play around with the lines. The only lock right now is Orielly and Tarasenko. Schenn can slide back to center or Thomas can get slotted up. They've got to get Steen out of there....

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Saw on Twitter that we have interest in Brock Nelson. Thoughts?
I had to go searching for that one and it's coming from Incarcerated Bob. I'm seeing some pieces of the puzzle that are fitting together here.

It could be argued that Blues need a 2C. Islanders are rumored to be pursuing Duchene. If the Islanders land Duchene, maybe there is a second deal in place where Nelson is sent to St. Louis to recover assets. Win-win-win for OTT, NYI and STL.

I'd be interested depending on the cost.

Reactions: CaliBlues710

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I had to go searching for that one and it's coming from Incarcerated Bob. I'm seeing some pieces of the puzzle that are fitting together here.

It could be argued that Blues need a 2C. Islanders are rumored to be pursuing Duchene. If the Islanders land Duchene, maybe there is a second deal in place where Nelson is sent to St. Louis to recover assets. Win-win-win for OTT, NYI and STL.

I'd be interested depending on the cost.

Yeah I assumed it’d happen if they acquire a legit top 6 center.

I know Nelson can play C and LW which definitely works for us. Isles fans have said he’s played way better this year and with a better system in place.

I’d imagine the top 9 would end up something like this

Schenn-O’Reilly-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Nelson-Perron
Steen-Bozak-Thomas

However, maybe you keep 17-21-20 together and put Nelson with Thomas/Perron.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Would you trade Kostin for someone like Hoffman who has another year letft on their deal?
heck no... he was traded for peanuts.

As for brock Nelson, I wouldn't be overly excited. Not like we have stud playmaking wingers, little exposure to him though.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Another angle to consider is maybe the Blues are getting involved so that Duchene ends up in New York and not Nashville. We saw other teams making similar maneuvers last year by sabotaging other trades. Doesn't really sound like Armstrong's MO. However, in this case, improving our roster with Nelson and preventing Nashville from getting Duchene = win/win.

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
I just wonder what assets they would accept and how we would fit $4.25mil under the cap (unless Perron is going on IR for the remainder of the season). This goes for any trade really.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
I just wonder what assets they would accept and how we would fit $4.25mil under the cap (unless Perron is going on IR for the remainder of the season). This goes for any trade really.
It's unclear to me how much cap space we truly have. I know we were very tight on cap space to start the year but due to the number of injuries we sustained this year and our roster construction, I think we banked cap space throughout the course of the year that can be used to fit the prorated contract of someone like Nelson in.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Would you trade Kostin for someone like Hoffman who has another year letft on their deal?

I'd give them Blais and a 2nd.

Hoffman would be perfect here. Really solid goal scorer and strong on the power play. It sounds like the off-ice stuff with his wife/girlfriend may have been blown out of proportion too.

I'd cash in on Blais' somewhat decent value now for a 25 goal scoring winger with another year on his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad