Blues Trade Proposals 2018-2019 - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
There’s been an unusually high mentions of the same name today.

Lou Korac, John Kelly, Jeremy Rutherford, Randy Karraker, and Bernie all made mention of Carolina defenseman Justin Faulk specifically to come aid the powerplay.

I don’t know if they’re looking to sell with them being right in the thick of the race in the East but I found it interesting how many times I heard Faulk’s name today across Twitter and 101.1
Odd. They've been shopping him bc Hamilton basically took his role and they have Fox coming soon. But they are also in race (and haven't made playoffs in years) and he has another year so would be odd to deal him unless they got back someone who could help them now. I think he could help us but I'd rather get someone like Ghost or Fowler who play left side.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Seriously? Schenn needs to stay stapled to ROR and Tank. He's been MUCH better there than at center.

Not sure I would break up that line.

I can’t imagine anyone (coaching included) wanting to tinker at all with the Schenn ROR Tarasenko line.

In the last 10 games they’ve combined for 44 points.

Nothing changing immediately.

But come playoff time, I think we’ll want a better 2C and I think value wise, you’ll get better value trading for a winger than you will a center.

Let’s see how they look at the end of the season.

Reactions: STLomacneko

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Thus me wanting Hayes as the 2C
Or another C option.

I've been wondering what the ask would be for Getzlaf and if he would waive his NMC. That depth down the middle would be sick. We would have to get creative to make the money work.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
He is UFA at end of this year.
He posted his plan in the discussion thread and it was to sign Hayes for 6 years. If it's a rental I wouldn't do it unless the price is very low, but that's just my view on rentals in general.

Reactions: sfvega

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
He posted his plan in the discussion thread and it was to sign Hayes for 6 years. If it's a rental I wouldn't do it unless the price is very low, but that's just my view on rentals in general.
You're right. I agree. If rental market is overloaded and prices come down he would be nice fit but I don't pay 1sts for rentals.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Yea it makes no sense considering Blues are already jammed up as is.

When the Blues get Perron back, they can tinker with Schenn back at center slot Thomas as the 2C. Schwartz and Perron is some vetern presense, Thomas would be fine

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
You're right. I agree. If rental market is overloaded and prices come down he would be nice fit but I don't pay 1sts for rentals.
Thinking about it more I don't think there's any price I'd pay that NY would realistically agree upon for him considering we already don't have our 1st this year.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
I think I remeber hearing that Faulk can play the left side and puts up better numbers playing from where he can one-time the puck.

I’d be interested but I would imagine he would be cost-prohibitive.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I think I remeber hearing that Faulk can play the left side and puts up better numbers playing from where he can one-time the puck.

I’d be interested but I would imagine he would be cost-prohibitive.
He'd go for a pretty penny and doesnt fill a long term need.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn

This:

I don’t do the deal for a rental.

I think TB could be somewhat of an example. Tyler Johnson had the 2C position locked down. Point was brought up and allowed to get his footing at 3C. It worked itself out fine in TB as Johnson doesn’t even play C for the most part now.

There’s always more than one variable. Hayes is a legitimate 2C entering his prime. We don’t know if Schenn will be here past next year. If a deal was made for Hayes I think you have to trade Bozak in the offseason. It would be ideal if Bozak went the other way in the Hayes deal but I’m not expecting that miracle.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
This:

I don’t do the deal for a rental.

I think TB could be somewhat of an example. Tyler Johnson had the 2C position locked down. Point was brought up and allowed to get his footing at 3C. It worked itself out fine in TB as Johnson doesn’t even play C for the most part now.

There’s always more than one variable. Hayes is a legitimate 2C entering his prime. We don’t know if Schenn will be here past next year. If a deal was made for Hayes I think you have to trade Bozak in the offseason. It would be ideal if Bozak went the other way in the Hayes deal but I’m not expecting that miracle.
If we're going to move him to wing potentially in his first year of the 6 year deal, and almost certainly the second, why not just get a winger? There's no garauntee that he'll transition to the wing as well as Johnson and it's generally easier to acquire wingers. I just see it as acquiring a long-term asset to fix a short-term problem. I do agree with the majority of what you said in your plan though other than Hayes.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
If we're going to move him to wing potentially in his first year of the 6 year deal, and almost certainly the second, why not just get a winger? There's no garauntee that he'll transition to the wing as well as Johnson and it's generally easier to acquire wingers. I just see it as acquiring a long-term asset to fix a short-term problem. I do agree with the majority of what you said in your plan though other than Hayes.

That wouldn’t be my plan.

I used TB to show that talent works itself out, not as a means to move Hayes to the wing.

With ROR and Hayes as the 1 & 2C’s it allows Thomas to settle in as the 3C.

Here’s the idea and it could be this way for 2-3 years. Again you let the talent kind of work itself out and dictate ice time.

Schenn ROR Tarasenko
Schwartz Hayes Perron
Fabbri Thomas Kyrou
Sanford Barbashev Sundqvist

That would be ideal for me.

Reactions: STLomacneko

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
That wouldn’t be my plan.

I used TB to show that talent works itself out, not as a means to move Hayes to the wing.

With ROR and Hayes as the 1 & 2C’s it allows Thomas to settle in as the 3C.

Here’s the idea and it could be this way for 2-3 years. Again you let the talent kind of work itself out and dictate ice time.

Schenn ROR Tarasenko
Schwartz Hayes Perron
Fabbri Thomas Kyrou
Sanford Barbashev Sundqvist

That would be ideal for me.
Eh, agree to disagree.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
I would consider a LHD potential top 4 with options on the cusp like Kyrou and do a one for one swap of prospects. No cap issues. Keep him down to play right now and backup Butler unless he can unseat one of our guys. Or sign a left d out of the college free agent pool

I'd definitely like to see them take a run at college senior LHD Jimmy Schuldt of St Cloud University. He's going to have several suitors - I'd expect Montréal to make a serious run at his, given the time he's spent playing with Ryan Poeling.

Was a hobey baker nominee, and made team captain in his sophomore year. Close to PPG pace through years 3-4, set to enter UFA as an undrafted free agent this summer.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I'd definitely like to see them take a run at college senior LHD Jimmy Schuldt of St Cloud University. He's going to have several suitors - I'd expect Montréal to make a serious run at his, given the time he's spent playing with Ryan Poeling.

Was a hobey baker nominee, and made team captain in his sophomore year. Close to PPG pace through years 3-4, set to enter UFA as an undrafted free agent this summer.
I would be skeptical of the upside of a college player who is 18 months older than Vince Dunn.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
There was an article in the Athletic that basically warned to stay away from Simmonds as a trade-deadline pickup because his power-play production has dried up to go along with his virtually non-existent 5-on-5 production. He's trending to be Lucic-bad if you're to believe the article I'm thinking of.

I've stated multiple times that I have zero interest in a power forward of Simmonds' style due to how steeply they decline.

In order to get him in FA or resign him if we obtain him as a free agent it will take an overpay in term or money, and possibly both.

I'm thinking Backes, Lucic style contract where they look bad a few years into the contract, and because speed isn't one of their assets they're very difficult to utilize in today's NHL once they start slowing down.

Reactions: Blueston

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
I would be skeptical of the upside of a college player who is 18 months older than Vince Dunn.
I don't know anything about this guy, but I wouldn't dismiss him just because he's a bit older. A 23 year old who hasn't faced NHL-level competition definitely has some room to develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad