Blues Trade Proposals 2018-2019 - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
The more I think of it, I’m down with getting Nyquist. I’d do Maroon+Blais+2nd.

Schenn-O’Reilly-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Thomas-Perron
Steen-Bozak-Nyquist
MacEachern/Sanford-Barbashev-Sundqvist
Fabbri

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
This probably isn’t the best place to say this, but I honestly hope we don’t make any moves.

We have depth coming out of our eyeballs, a solid roster playing up to (maybe even beyond) their potential, and a fairly sparse prospect pool. Let the boys play, the scouts scout, and Bill Armstrong draft.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
This probably isn’t the best place to say this, but I honestly hope we don’t make any moves.

We have depth coming out of our eyeballs, a solid roster playing up to (maybe even beyond) their potential, and a fairly sparse prospect pool. Let the boys play, the scouts scout, and Bill Armstrong draft.
3 areas I would consider adding:

1. Backup goalie bc I don’t trust Allen.
2. LHD with term who is upgrade for top 4. This is also need for summer if we don’t add now.
3. 2nd line winger if we don’t think Perron will be back.

Anything else seems like to be more disruptive than helpful.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I hope we stand pat or make a minor move. I would consider our 2019 2nd and 2020 1st almost untouchable. (I know that may be unpopular). Kyrou is virtually untouchable as well. As others have stated, unless Stone or Panarin come with extensions, I am not interested in the price.

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
I hope we stand pat or make a minor move. I would consider our 2019 2nd and 2020 1st almost untouchable. (I know that may be unpopular). Kyrou is virtually untouchable as well. As others have stated, unless Stone or Panarin come with extensions, I am not interested in the price.

It will be a minor move if anything. Just no cap space and the guys we could move won’t waive so no reason to mess the chemistry of a 10 game win streak team up just to add a rental.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Turris almost immediately re-signed in Nashville. That's the only way i'd be interested in Panarin or Stone.

I think most people are in agreement on that. But expecting these guys to sign an extension is a pipe dream. Why would they? New city, new situation... See no reason why these guys would give up a shot at ufa to do teams a favor by signing an extension.

Wish people would stop qualifying their posts with "if they sign an extension" because it ain't gonna happen. Not in STL at least. And that's ok.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I think most people are in agreement on that. But expecting these guys to sign an extension is a pipe dream. Why would they? New city, new situation... See no reason why these guys would give up a shot at ufa to do teams a favor by signing an extension.

Wish people would stop qualifying their posts with "if they sign an extension" because it ain't gonna happen. Not in STL at least. And that's ok.
Why couldn’t it happen? If the money is right and the team is competitive there’s no reason a guy wouldn’t consider it unless he has his heart set on a particular location. It’s not a pipe-dream considering how much guys love STL when they play there and the team’s window for a championship being as wide-open as its ever been.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
3 areas I would consider adding:

1. Backup goalie bc I don’t trust Allen.
2. LHD with term who is upgrade for top 4. This is also need for summer if we don’t add now.
3. 2nd line winger if we don’t think Perron will be back.

Anything else seems like to be more disruptive than helpful.
I would consider a LHD potential top 4 with options on the cusp like Kyrou and do a one for one swap of prospects. No cap issues. Keep him down to play right now and backup Butler unless he can unseat one of our guys. Or sign a left d out of the college free agent pool

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Still think Zuccarello could really benefit this team (especially if Perron isn’t coming back), even though I highly doubt they go for a rental.

Schenn-O’Reilly-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Thomas-Zuccarello
Steen-Bozak-Maroon
Fabbri-Barbashev-Sundqvist
Sanford

Or if Perron is back

Perron-O’Reilly-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Schenn-Zuccarello
Fabbri-Bozak-Thomas
Steen-Barbashev-Sundqvist
Maroon
Sanford

I think he will only help whoever gets him.

Reactions: stl76 and OSA

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
I would consider a LHD potential top 4 with options on the cusp like Kyrou and do a one for one swap of prospects. No cap issues. Keep him down to play right now and backup Butler unless he can unseat one of our guys. Or sign a left d out of the college free agent pool

Im not sure how many Left Handed D prospects there are I would take for Kyrou. I mean, Hughes from Vancouver, but no way they do that. All of Bouchard, Boqvist, Merkley, and Dobson are righties. So don't think this works.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Im not sure how many Left Handed D prospects there are I would take for Kyrou. I mean, Hughes from Vancouver, but no way they do that. All of Bouchard, Boqvist, Merkley, and Dobson are righties. So don't think this works.
Caps would actually make a good partner. They have an abundance on d and lack upfront. A guy like Alexeyev might work.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Caps would actually make a good partner. They have an abundance on d and lack upfront. A guy like Alexeyev might work.
None of their dmen are worth Kyrou. We need a player like Kyrou a lot more than another dman. Edmundson and Dunn looked less than stellar for all of 30 games, and the same people that thought we should trade Tarasenko, Pietrangelo, and Schenn are worried that this sample size means both Ed and Dunn aren’t good enough to play in our top-4. The sample size was short, and their play over that sample size wasn’t even that bad. I could see an argument that we could trade lesser pieces for an upgrade (Fowler), but trading high-end pieces for futures seems ridiculous. I just don’t get it. Kyrou is a now and future piece that fills a major hole, and he’s a top prospect in the league.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dbrownss

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Also, the idea that we have to have “futures” over guys that can produce now and in the future seems silly to me. The whole point of futures is so that your talent will be ready when you need it. When you can get guaranteed talent now and in the future for maybe talent later, you make that trade regardless of “the cupboards are bare” hysteria. There will be more drafts. Guys like Fowler, Stone, Panarin, etc. are more than worth trading futures for if they will be sticking around multiple years.

Again, I’m not a “go all in” type of guy, and I am a huge fan of Kyrou. I don’t like trading high-end pieces for rentals - and good thing the league doesn’t ever do that anyway. However, this talk all the time of “we can’t go without a first in two consecutive years” is ridiculous. We’ve seen how easy it is to recoup something like that, and we’ve seen how drastically it can better our team now and in the future. If you have the opportunity to land impact players for those pieces, you do it.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
I'd put 2C, 2RW and G as the Blues biggest needs. 2RW insurance for Perron, G insurance for Binnington/Allen and 2C because you can't break up 10-90-91. Although I've that said that about every O'Reilly line this season, so maybe you can find another LW and Schenn can move back to center. Hard to argue with the current results.

I'd put the likelihood of the Blues making any big moves as less than 50%.

2C
Kevin Hayes
Matt Duchene
Eric Staal?
Jeff Carter?
Ryan Getzlaf?

2RW
Mark Stone
Mike Hoffman
Mats Zuccarello
Kyle Palmieri?
Wayne Simmonds?
Tyler Toffoli?
Gustav Nyquist?

G
Howard
Elliott

Reactions: Vladdy the Impaler

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Why.....

If there's one thing to learn, it's hard to buy speed and skill you have to draft it.

Picking up a LHD will be a hell of alot easier then finding a guy with Kyrou's ability.

I think Eddy and Dunn have bounced back. We've got prospects to battle for that bottom LD spot.

Last edited:

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I'd put 2C, 2RW and G as the Blues biggest needs. 2RW insurance for Perron, G insurance for Binnington/Allen and 2C because you can't break up 10-90-91. Although I've that said that about every O'Reilly line this season, so maybe you can find another LW and Schenn can move back to center. Hard to argue with the current results.

I'd put the likelihood of the Blues making any big moves as less than 50%.

2C
Kevin Hayes
Matt Duchene
Eric Staal?
Jeff Carter?
Ryan Getzlaf?

2RW
Mark Stone
Mike Hoffman
Mats Zuccarello
Kyle Palmieri?
Wayne Simmonds?
Tyler Toffoli?
Gustav Nyquist?

G
Howard
Elliott
Dzingel...he's the guy I'd target....that speed.

Reactions: Halak Ness Monster

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
According to the who's scouting who thread we've been scouting the Flyers heavily for a while now. Any ideas on a potential trade with them? The obvious one would be Elliot, but I'm not sure we'd do that while we still have Allen.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Elliott has been injured, so it’s not him unless he’s part of a package.

Ghost or Simmonds? I’m not too excited for a trade with Philly. Ghost will cost a lot and Simmonds shouldn’t be a long-term option. I’d rather spend assets elsewhere.

Reactions: Girth Butcher

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
I really doubt it's Simmonds unless the price is very cheap. Ghost would be very interesting though, weren't he and Parayko paired together for Team North America? Definitely wouldn't mind reuniting those two.

Edit: Just looked it up and they were Team NA's top pairing. Ghost had 4 points and was a +4, Parayko 3 points and a +3.

Reactions: Blueston

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
There was an article in the Athletic that basically warned to stay away from Simmonds as a trade-deadline pickup because his power-play production has dried up to go along with his virtually non-existent 5-on-5 production. He's trending to be Lucic-bad if you're to believe the article I'm thinking of.

Reactions: Girth Butcher

illininer

Apr 30, 2014
Illinois
I'm sure I'm in the minority here...but I find Simmonds overrated. I'd hate to add him at his cost

I wouldn't call him overrated, but that he's now on the wrong side of 30 and seems to be trending down.

3-4 years ago I would have loved to have traded for him, but I definitely don't think he's worth the assets that we'd have to give up to get him at this point in his career.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Why.....

If there's one thing to learn, it's hard to buy speed and skill you have to draft it.

Picking up a LHD will be a hell of alot easier then finding a guy with Kyrou's ability.

I think Eddy and Dunn have bounced back. We've got prospects to battle for that bottom LD spot.
Like Kyrou. Did I necessarily say Kyrou? Really look at what’s under contract and your salary cap. You have 14 forwards accounted for next year and 5 defensemen. Before you bronze another prospect as the next super hero as we tend to do, why not look at what you may be able to turn someone into as a cost controlled asset we can overrate that can slot in our top 4. Kyrou isn’t going in our top 6 any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad