Blues Trade Proposals 2018-2019 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Based on some of the logic/speculation in this thread, at least we can expect the Tkachuk brothers and Keller to hopefully offset the losses of Petro to Toronto and Parayko to Edmonton.
I would be more inclined to believe that Petro wouldn’t go to Toronto. He just doesn’t seem to be a spotlight guy. He also never seems to talk about Toronto. I could see him being a retire to STL type.

Parayko, I could easily see leaving.

Reactions: abel17

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I guess I should have said Parayko instead of Petro in my initial post that stirred up this discussion. More hinges on him than anything.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I personally want nothing to do with Matthew Tkachuk. I haven't seen enough of Brady to have an opinion on him, though.
Don't know who you've been watching, but Matthew has been better than Brady at every stage. He is a helluva player.

Mafisen

Oct 14, 2018
This isn't a proposal as such, but I don't think the changes made over the summer will be near enough to even put the Blues I'm contention to be a contender.

I think it's time to trade Tarasenko while his stock remains high and I also think the same goes for Pietrangelo. And the sooner #27 is stripped of the C the better. He's not a leader. There are a few other players on the team that deserve it more, like Schenn and Edmundson.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
This isn't a proposal as such, but I don't think the changes made over the summer will be near enough to even put the Blues I'm contention to be a contender.

I think it's time to trade Tarasenko while his stock remains high and I also think the same goes for Pietrangelo. And the sooner #27 is stripped of the C the better. He's not a leader. There are a few other players on the team that deserve it more, like Schenn and Edmundson.
Trading Pietrangelo and Tarasenko completely dismantles this team.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
We can’t trade parayko. From a defensive perspective, he’s probably been our best Dman. I think we’ve gone from overrating him to taking him for granted. He also is one of the few guys who never takes a night off in the effort department. Finally, he’s the only reason petro gets to play reasonable minutes and we have no one who can remotely take his place.

Reactions: stl76

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

Ya ok, maybe we should get Keenan back here to coach while we're at it.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011

So the way to get the Blues into contention status is to trade the two best players on the team... I hope to God I’m not understanding you correctly.

Reactions: RoarBacon

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis

I don't know what to say. If this isn't the hottest of hot takes, I don't know what is.

Mafisen

Oct 14, 2018
So the way to get the Blues into contention status is to trade the two best players on the team... I hope to God I’m not understanding you correctly.

I think Pietrangelo is overrated .He certainly isn't a #1 defenseman. Too soft, doesn't lead, doesn't do PP very well. He does have value though, and the Blues could get something good in return. If Armstrong finds the right playmate.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I think Pietrangelo is overrated .He certainly isn't a #1 defenseman. Too soft, doesn't lead, doesn't do PP very well. He does have value though, and the Blues could get something good in return. If Armstrong finds the right playmate.
So what is he going to get? This team as it is, is built to win now. If you move out Pietrangelo or Tarasenko, what can you get in return that's going to replace them?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Armstrong just added a bunch of players, he’s not going to blow up the team.

Plus, why would you want to rebuild with Yeo in charge of even more kids?

Any move has to start with the coach.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Trading Petro or Tank isn't going to make us better unless you deal them for someone better. They have had a bit of rough start but really they aren't the problem. Problem on this team isn't talent (last year that was much of problem). It isn't heart. It isn't leadership. Problems are not playing with confidence, not playing with purpose, tentativeness, inconsistent goaltending, (young) players afraid to make mistake. I lay most of these problems at foot of coach.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO

What is an example of a trade that you see Pietrangelo being involved in?

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Armstrong just added a bunch of players, he’s not going to blow up the team.

Plus, why would you want to rebuild with Yeo in charge of even more kids?

Any move has to start with the coach.
This is the only reasonable move.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
If DA calls it quits and rebuilds after dumping our 1st two straight years, signing decent money contracts in Bozak and Perron, firing Yeo and essentially burning a lot of Stillmans money, he's out of a job.

Like it or not, we're pushing this year. As we should.

Mafisen

Oct 14, 2018
He's not a top 10 defenseman. What's his elite skill that puts him in that echelon?

Mafisen

Oct 14, 2018
As for who we'd get, I will admit that I'm not knowledgable enough about stuff like cap issues etc to come up with a viable suggestion .

I will admit that I will reconsider the Tarasenko thing. He might develop a fine partnership with ROR, so I'll stay patient there.

But our D needs work, a lot of it. It's not as good as we think it is.

Yeo is for sure a big part of the problem and I want him out. But Pietrangelo is not the guy to build it around. That is Joel or even Parayko.

Mafisen

Oct 14, 2018
Considering the amount of ice time and power play time he's logged for a long time, he should put more points on the board than 45-50 to be considered elite by that metric.

And he has no points in 5 games so far .

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada
He's not a top 10 defenseman. What's his elite skill that puts him in that echelon?
I'll humor you. One can say defense, No one can beat him one on one. He's great with his stick in terms of turnovers and stick checking. He can move the puck well and make a great first pass. His IQ is great and knows how to expect plays and beat players to the puck because of it. His offense broke out last year and only plummeted when being paired with Jay and the rest of the team sunk.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
:laugh::laugh::laugh: you dont have to have a niche skill to be a top 10 dman. He puts in the minutes, puts up the points, and he draws heavy competition.

He's not having a good year, but you'll get lonely on that Island of one if you think he's not a number 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad