Blues Trade Proposals 2018-2019 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
EDM just doesn't have what it takes for him. Their centers were the only thing of interest and now that we have 3 top 6 centers, nothing they can offer us would push the needle. They don't really have any big time prospects that would help us either. I mean I guarantee the Oilers are interested in Parayko because they could really use him, but it won't happen.

I bet Armstrong is relaxing right now. He will want to see how this new look roster looks on the ice before he considers another change.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Was curious about this rumor so I checked out the Oilers board and the tweet from Joshua Marshall was from June 19. I scrolled a few posts down and someone mentioned that they could see Nurse being traded for Parayko. Had a good chortle and now I'm back here.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
just to give you guys a heads up-- a twitter tweeker is saying Blues and Olers are talking trade with Parayko-- makes no sense to me--but it is august and people are bored

Blues insider, Jeremy Rutherford, just posted an article on the Athletic about Parayko. It was mostly analyzing his play, talking to scouts,coaches and players around the league on what he excels at and what he struggles with. As a side piece, he also looked at why there were trade rumblings around Parayko this summer. He said that he spoke with the Blues front office and GMs around the league. There was no truth to Blues shopping him or even really listening to offers at all this off-season. So I highly doubt we would start now that we filled our most pressing needs leveraging more expendable assets.

From Athletic Article
Clubs may have inquired, but general manager Doug Armstrong had no intentions of trading Parayko, sources have told The Athletic.
An NHL team executive was asked, on the condition of anonymity, if he’d even heard Parayko’s name pop up in any management-level conversations and he replied: “Nope, no, no.”

Reactions: The Note in MI

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Was curious about this rumor so I checked out the Oilers board and the tweet from Joshua Marshall was from June 19. I scrolled a few posts down and someone mentioned that they could see Nurse being traded for Parayko. Had a good chortle and now I'm back here.

I believe it was Nurse, Yamamoto and a first or something

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I believe it was Nurse, Yamamoto and a first or something

I like Nurse. But that makes no sense for us, even if more than fair from a value standpoint. We go from...

1LD: Edmundson, 2LD Bouwmeester, 3LD Dunn, ExtraLD1 Gunnarsson
1RD: Pietrangelo, 2RDParayko, 3RD Bortuzzo, 4RD Schmaltz

Which is balanced and fairly strong throughout.

to...

1LD: Nurse, 2LD Edmundson, 23LD Bouwmeester, Xtra1LD Dunn, Xtra2LD Gunnarsson
1RD: Pietrangelo, 2RD Bortuzzo, 3RD Schmaltz

Our LD gets a bit better and deeper, but our RD is trashed. We can play someone on their offside but why? Nurse isn't an upgrade over Parayko. Yamamoto and a first are nice pieces, but not enough to make the downgrade AND deal with the balancing issues. We already are going to struggle to find ice-time for Kyrou, who is a similar and arguably better prospect to Yamamoto. By similar, both are smaller, speedy playmaking RWs. If Edmonton was guaranteed a high lottery spot and the pick was unprotected, maybe. With Parayko, McDavid, Draisaitl, etc, I wouldn't count on a high lottery pick. I just don't see the incentive for the Blues.

I don't really see the sense for Edmonton side either. They lost Sekera, a LD. So they go from a strong 1-2 on the left in Nurse-Klefbohm to a strong 1-2 on the right with Russel becoming a top 4 LD? Their only strong top 4 D prospect is a RD too. So they'd block Bouchard for the near future from the top 4. At least based on my admittedly vague knowledge of Edmonton's D situation.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Teams in the west reportedly upping efforts to land EK. You guys want in? Here’s my initial offer, subject to negotiation of course but these are all premised on him agreeing to an extension in the first place.

To OTT: Paryko, Fabbri, Kyrou.

To STL: Karlsson.

Let er rip!

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I don't think the value is way off (depending on the AAV of the extension), but this might be a case of paying three loonies for a toonie. I may have missed something in the report, but I haven't seen anything to suggest that anyone in the West has been given any indication that he would agree to an extension. The last I heard, Tampa was the only place that it was believed that he would re-sign as part of a deal without testing free agency.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
we have no cap space and that deal provides no relief.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Teams in the west reportedly upping efforts to land EK. You guys want in? Here’s my initial offer, subject to negotiation of course but these are all premised on him agreeing to an extension in the first place.

Let er rip!

No Thank you. As a counter, I offer you nothing. I have no interest in Karlsson and the contract he is going to command. I have less than no interest in gambling he will re-sign here. I'd rather keep Petro and Parayko for only a few million more than Karlsson alone will cost.

Reactions: Dbrownss

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Zero interest. Parayko is a beast and Fabbri and Kyrou have 30G potential.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Just no logical way to make this work. Only way we could consider it is a 1 year rental, and no way do I go all in on a season were Jake Allen is in net.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015

Let er rip!
This is not an appropriate place to post your trade proposals. I would suggest trying our Trade Proposals thread (https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/blues-trade-proposals-2018-2019-part-ii.2514855/) or the main trade boards (https://hfboards.mandatory.com/forums/trade-rumors-and-free-agent-talk.3/)

That said, how do you expect the Blues to pay Karlsson a fair market wage while retaining our captain Alex Pietrangelo and our numerous forwards signed to significant contracts (Tarasenko, ROR, Schenn, Schwartz, Steen, Perron, Bozak, etc)?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

Let er rip!

Nope. We sign EK to his 11-12mil deal, we cant re sign Petro in 2yrs and now have 2 less impact forwards. Pass pass pass...pass pass pass...pass pass...pass......passssss

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Just no logical way to make this work. Only way we could consider it is a 1 year rental, and no way do I go all in on a season were Jake Allen is in net.
Pretty much.

If the Blues are to make another blockbuster, the only trade I'd want to see is for a different goalie.

I'm comfortable with the current forwards and defensemen and want to see them in action together.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
tenor.gif

Reactions: shmotz

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Dorian: "Hey Army, let's talk Karlsson"
Armstrong: "Nope".
Dorian: "Come on Army, you're telling me you have ZERO interest in Erik friggin Karlsson?"
Armstrong: "Yep. Interset = ZERO".
Dorian: "Ahh...you're playing coy. Got it. How about we just spitball a package...hypothetically".
Armstrong: ...*click*...
Dorian: "Doug? Doug? You there...hello? Doug"

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
if you could offer assurances karlsson wants to sign in st. louis, this thread would explode regardless of the offer

the reality is, he's going to get to pick where he wants to re-sign and it's probably not st. louis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot