Did someone say "BEARS"?

hqdefault.jpg

LMAO, that wasnt a coincidence

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
The whole team is hot garbage right now, and the entire “system” is in free fall. Unless you’re Kyrou doing Kyrou things, no one has really looked good, and that can’t be good for a Russian powerforward that needs a lot of good coaching.

I don’t disagree with you, but I think it’s good to put it into context.
Is this an indictment of Bannister?

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Is this an indictment of Bannister?
It’s more an indictment of team construction. It’s just not a good team, and there’s frustration boiling over and breaking down the system.

You can’t win games when your best forwards outside of Walker are Vecchione, Poganski, Darcy, and Nolan. The team isn’t deep, and it doesn’t have top-end talent. The defense is pretty good, but it’s not enough to make up for the forward talent.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
It’s more an indictment of team construction. It’s just not a good team, and there’s frustration boiling over and breaking down the system.

You can’t win games when your best forwards outside of Walker are Vecchione, Poganski, Darcy, and Nolan. The team isn’t deep, and it doesn’t have top-end talent. The defense is pretty good, but it’s not enough to make up for the forward talent.

The defense is garbage.

Reactions: MissouriMook

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
The defense is garbage.

What are your thoughts on Bannister, the coaching staff as a whole and their system/strategy?

I’ve only caught Rampage games here and there this season and last but I’ve found myself questioning what appears to be the strategy a few times....but I’m not sure if it’s the strategy that’s off or it’s bad execution of the strategy on the part of the players. Or probably a bit of both? Either way, something is clearly off there.

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
Sounds like Tyler Tucker has been traded to Flint. He’ll join a nice D corps in Flint and, being in the western conference, will be playing against better competition for the remainder of the season. Firebirds could go on a nice playoff run this year.

Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Sounds like Tyler Tucker has been traded to Flint. He’ll join a nice D corps in Flint and, being in the western conference, will be playing against better competition for the remainder of the season. Firebirds could go on a nice playoff run this year.
Just don't drink the water, amirite. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Stealth JD

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Went to see the Toledo Walleye tonight. Marvel night so my kids were excited.

Playing for the Indi Fuel is none other then Sam Kurker.....

Boy was the 2012 draft just a pile of poo.

He, Wannstrom, and Vannelli are tied in my mind for worst draft picks of the last decade. You simply can’t just throw second rounders away like that. Having even one of them (or, rather, whoever else we should have taken instead) make it would have changed the landscape pretty significantly.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
He, Wannstrom, and Vannelli are tied in my mind for worst draft picks of the last decade. You simply can’t just throw second rounders away like that. Having even one of them (or, rather, whoever else we should have taken instead) make it would have changed the landscape pretty significantly.
Could've taken Toffoli(47) over Wannstrom(44) and not need to potentially spend assets to rent him this season :laugh:

Also could've taken Sanford(61) over Vannelli(47) and gotten straight to the point with whipping boy status :naughty:

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Could've taken Toffoli(47) over Wannstrom(44) and not need to potentially spend assets to rent him this season :laugh:

Also could've taken Sanford(61) over Vannelli(47) and gotten straight to the point with whipping boy status :naughty:

It would have made a lot of fans very angry, but we definitely should have nabbed Bertuzzi in the Vannelli-Carrier year. Especially considering we used THREE picks to move up into the #57 spot to take Carrier, when Bert was still on the board. What a waste.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti
Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Went to see the Toledo Walleye tonight. Marvel night so my kids were excited.

Playing for the Indi Fuel is none other then Sam Kurker.....

Boy was the 2012 draft just a pile of poo.
Eh, there’s a cup winning defenseman who has something to say about that. I mean yeah on the whole we dropped the ball but any time you draft a legitimate first pairing defenseman you can’t call the draft a total bust.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Eh, there’s a cup winning defenseman who has something to say about that. I mean yeah on the whole we dropped the ball but any time you draft a legitimate first pairing defenseman you can’t call the draft a total bust.
Petteri Lindbohm?

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
You know it’s a shame it didn’t work out with him. I really thought he was going to carve out a top four role for quite a while.

The Blues thought Edmundson was the better prospect. That is the shame of it - Edmundson looking good early on, but then becoming a guy we wanted to get rid of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad