Blues Prospects Thread 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
I think that risk is dramatically overstated by most people. How many guys have actually exercised that option over the years? Hayes, Vesey, Adam Fox threatened to... who else? The vast majority of times, the guy ends up on his draft team. Also Dobes went to HS in STL, which basically makes him a native, so idk why he would walk away from an opportunity to wear the Blue Note.
Yea that's something to think about. You could probably count the number of guys pursuing free agency on 2 hands. If Johnny Gaudreau wasn't going to take the free agent path, idk how many others would. A lot of the time, those players don't ever turn out to be as good as they think they are, and I would think that goalies would be way more suspect than forwards or defensemen.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Vadim Zherenko - 17 games, 1.36, .947 with MHK Dynamo Moskva this season.

Could Bill Armstrong have hit late-round gold again??
What level is the MHL? Is that comparable to the AHL(in terms of rank within the system, not quality of play) or the CHL? Basically I’m asking is he playing against kids or men? Doesn’t really take anything away from his stats, because they’re great regardless the level, but I’m just curious.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
What level is the MHL? Is that comparable to the AHL(in terms of rank within the system, not quality of play) or the CHL? Basically I’m asking is he playing against kids or men? Doesn’t really take anything away from his stats, because they’re great regardless the level, but I’m just curious.

For the top 3 Russian leagues

KHL - top men's league, tweener between NHL and AHL - guys that can't quite put it together here thrive with the extra time and space. Linden Vey was in the top 5 KHL scorers 2 seasons ago, here he wasn't good enough to stay in the top 6 on a bad Canucks squad (or stay in the NHL) posting sub 30 pts, then going near PPG in the AHL.

VHL is the equivalent of our AHL, their 2nd tier men's league.

MHL per Wikipedia - The Junior Hockey League (MHL) is a major junior ice hockey league in Eurasia, founded in 2009. It currently consists of 33 teams from 4 countries.[7] Currently, all teams but one are subsidiaries (feeder teams) for their respective KHL or VHL professional counterparts. A player's age cannot be older than 20.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
As most of us... well, probably all of us, are only statwatching Zherenko. What is your view on him? I know he's not in Russia's WJC squad.

He is decent, but can't say he would be a great talent or something, but he got some size and some consistency in is performance, maybe there will be something good out of him like 4-5 years from now.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Kubicek scores on the PP for Czech - 1-0. Love to see the Blues draft him - tough RHD with good size. Plays in the WHL.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Jan Mysak looks really good against Russia right now. 2020 is going to be a loaded draft if someone like him is projected for the late 1st round.

Side note, the Russians have apparently given up on beating the Czech's to instead just killing them.

Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Saw him compete hard on several pucks, too, which is always nice to see. This is really my first viewing of him, though, so I don't have much of an opinion other than he looked competitive and made several smart plays.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Saw him compete hard on several pucks, too, which is always nice to see. This is really my first viewing of him, though, so I don't have much of an opinion other than he looked competitive and made several smart plays.

He seems like another Barbashev-type player, which would be a nice player to have. Maybe a tweener middle 6 player, but more likely to be a bottom 6 energy guy, responsible defensively, can chip in offense.

Reactions: execwrite1

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
He seems like another Barbashev-type player, which would be a nice player to have. Maybe a tweener middle 6 player, but more likely to be a bottom 6 energy guy, responsible defensively, can chip in offense.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Jan Mysak looks really good against Russia right now. 2020 is going to be a loaded draft if someone like him is projected for the late 1st round.

Side note, the Russians have apparently given up on beating the Czech's to instead just killing them.
Kubicek scores on the PP for Czech - 1-0. Love to see the Blues draft him - tough RHD with good size. Plays in the WHL.

He’s a Thunderbird, so I wouldn’t be upset about that.
It is posts like these that jut solidify my stance on not trading our 1st round pick. I am looking forward to the draft already!

Reactions: execwrite1

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Is Kibicek supposed to go early? If so, that really surprises me based on my viewings. He’s not a first round talent, IMO, but could be a bit of a sleeper.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
The reports I see have him late 2nd or early 3rd at best.

Hockey Writers
Draft Site
Sporting News
Future’s Choice
That’s what I would put him as. There’s room to improve, but he’s not a guy that is going to blow anyone away by any means. I’ve watched him and never once did it occur to me that the Blues need to draft him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad