Blues Prospects Thread 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I was just looking over our prospects, and I noticed we are really lacking centres. Andronov is pretty much the only one. (Washkurak is listed as a C, but I see him developing as a winger. Kaspick is another but ... meh). I always say BPA, but we really need to draft D (L and R!) and C's.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
I was just looking over our prospects, and I noticed we are really lacking centres. Andronov is pretty much the only one. (Washkurak is listed as a C, but I see him developing as a winger. Kaspick is another but ... meh). I always say BPA, but we really need to draft D (L and R!) and C's.

D, D, D, D first four rounds for me haha.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO

The good news?

The NHL team has Ryan O'Reilly, Brayden Schenn, and Robert Thomas for quite awhile.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Yes, I am aware. It was more of a *note to self* that I thought I would share. It is way down on the Blues "to do" list, but we should always have an eye on the future.

The well is basically dry at this point, in terms of A prospects. At the pro level (San Antonio included), we’re doing just fine and have plenty of good depth to keep us running. But in Juniors, there’s not a whole lot to be overly excited by, with the exception of - ironically - the goalies Hofer and Ellis. Perunovich is a high-risk high-reward type, where I could easily see him becoming the next Torey Krug, but I could also see him peter out in the minors before heading overseas. Alexandrov will be good depth, and Lafrenneire could end up doing that too. I love Tucker’s game, but don’t have any delusions of him being a first pairing guy at the NHL level. And then... that’s about it.

We need a few good drafts just to replenish the pipeline, and I’m sure we will. But this year is one of the least exciting we’ve had in terms of prospects for several years now. Which is fine! It’s the price we paid, and it’s absolutely worth it. But we’re lacking in wingers, dmen, and centers in a big way right now, and it’s absolutely something we should be paying attention to.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Alexandrov was invited to camp. Haven't seen any updates but think he is expected to make their team.

Correct. And he returned from injury a week before that so he should be good to go. Sounds like the Russians are a little thin at C so I would expect Alexandrov to make the team.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Looks like Hofer made Canada roster for WJC. Let's hope he gets chance to shine.

One of 3 goalies. Will be interesting how that shakes out. Likely one guy plays a majority of the games, another plays a game or two against weaker opponents and the 3rd sits, only to be used in case of injury and/or poor performance from the other two.

I have no idea where Hofer falls into that pecking order.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
One of 3 goalies. Will be interesting how that shakes out. Likely one guy plays a majority of the games, another plays a game or two against weaker opponents and the 3rd sits, only to be used in case of injury and/or poor performance from the other two.

I have no idea where Hofer falls into that pecking order.
He should be the clear #1 going into the tournament unless he stumbles in the friendlies. One of the goalies (Daws) is 2020 draft eligible so I suspect he is 1.5-2 years younger. The other (Rodrigue) was drafted by Edmonton in 2018 (same year as Hofer) and is currently sporting a 2.79 GAA and .907 SP in the Q.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
He should be the clear #1 going into the tournament unless he stumbles in the friendlies. One of the goalies (Daws) is 2020 draft eligible so I suspect he is 1.5-2 years younger. The other (Rodrigue) was drafted by Edmonton in 2018 (same year as Hofer) and is currently sporting a 2.79 GAA and .907 SP in the Q.
Daws was passed over previously in draft. He isn’t younger.

MissouriMook

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Daws was passed over previously in draft. He isn’t younger.
My bad, I was just going by the roster on TSN.com - do you know where he's playing currently?

Edit: Just found it. Apparently he's figured some things out this year. Currently sporting a 2.06/.939 with Guelph in the OHL.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
What I've taken from reading the main boards for a sec is that Rodrigue was the odds on starter coming into camp, but had a poor showing. Both Hofer and Daws were better in camp(according to these posters, I haven't watched any of the games) and have better numbers this year(though they play in three different leagues, so that's really not a particularly fair comparison I suppose). Sounds like he's right in the thick of things. Doesn't sound like they have things settled as of yet.

Reactions: Blueston

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Sounds like Daws has performed the best so far with Hofer second. Hopefully Hofer can be lights out in an exhibition match and win the starter spot.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
After a very slow start of the season Washkurak really picked up the pace. 28 Points in 30 games atm while he started out with 4 out of 11, or something like that. The Steelheads really lacks scorers so if he can finish the season slightly above PPG that would be good. Remember, end of this season Washkurak (18) would only be one month older then Nikita Alexandrov when he was drafted.

Reactions: ezcreepin

MissouriMook

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Ville Husso had himself a night last night. Stopped 34 of 35 Tucson shots in regulation and OT. Tucson had 7 PP opportunities, including a major (Kostin, spearing) for the last 49 seconds of regulation and the first 4:11 of OT, and didn't score. He then stopped 13 of 15 in the shootout, but the Rampage only scored once.

Reactions: Ranksu

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Ville Husso had himself a night last night. Stopped 34 of 35 Tucson shots in regulation and OT. Tucson had 7 PP opportunities, including a major (Kostin, spearing) for the last 49 seconds of regulation and the first 4:11 of OT, and didn't score. He then stopped 13 of 15 in the shootout, but the Rampage only scored once.
It's nice that he has these types of games, but I'm worried he's lost confidence and isn't where he was when he first came over. Seems like he's teetering around a .900 sv % with a few really good performances which is making his sv % much higher. Dont know what to think of him.

MissouriMook

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
It's nice that he has these types of games, but I'm worried he's lost confidence and isn't where he was when he first came over. Seems like he's teetering around a .900 sv % with a few really good performances which is making his sv % much higher. Dont know what to think of him.
I’m not too worried. On paper, the team in front of him doesn’t seem particularly good at goal suppression, especially on the blue line. I’m going to reserve judgment until we see how he plays behind our defense.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Kostin received a misconduct for spearing on Friday. Love his edge, but...... hate that kind of stuff

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Heavy on the D-men in next year's draft

Round 1 - Yan Kutznesov - 6'3 1/2" 207 - Shoots L - freshman at UConn

Round 2 - Simon Kubicek - 6'2' 194 Shoots R - Seattle (WHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad