Blues Prospects Thread 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
A few college free agents to consider this year as cost controlled depth along with Schuldt.
C Nico Sturm
LD Alec Rauhauser
C-W Bobo Carpenter
LD Phillip Beaulieu
W Tony Calderone
LD Dan Brickley
RW Nick Halloran
RD Rob Michel
RW Max Veronneau

Screenshot_20190220-190248_Chrome.jpg

Am I thinking of the right player here? Because he's an LA player, if so.

I'd also add Ryan Kuffner to this list, even though LW isn't as big a need as RW right now.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Thought this was worth noting for Mitch Reinke. Rampage was terrible like the Blues were at the beginning of the season. He could have already broken this record if their start wasn’t so bad.

He currently sits 2nd amongst rookie defenseman scoring. 2 points behind Carolina’s 1st round pick Jake Bean who has also played 2 more games than Reinke has.

Last edited:

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
I honestly want a good long look at Reinke in pre-season next year. Been a very long tim since th Blues got a key player from NCAA free agency.

I can see Blues going heavily back to the NCAA this summer. There is a good bit of graduating talent that will be coming available. Summer of 2020 is going to be crazy. Depending on how the goaltending pipeline looks for the blues. There will be a long list of some goaltenders with some potential that will finishing up then. NCAA as a whole focuses so much on a defensive structure mindset that, I would look every year at free agent D men.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Wasn't Reinke the guy who was akwardly slow few at camp? I do remember few Blues members noted that.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Reinke now at 33 points in 53 games. I know he’s slightly older than some rookies but still, playing at a 50 point pace is impressive for a defenseman let along a rookie.
Thanks Mitch! Little easier for my yearly pitch to delve into the college free agent market. Many teams benefit from a player each year with a low salary hit. One of a few guys we have at San Antonio playing well. Although the North Dakota kid usually turns it on when the frozen four starts....Poganski always turned it up when it mattered.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
That would be Dwyer Tschantz
That guy :laugh: Holy shit. I've repeated this a dozen times on here I'm sure but he looked like a beer leaguer who won a contest to practice with the Blues prospects. Even Sam Kurker, who is not a great skater, would skate circles around him. I don't know how he ever scored 20+ goals in the USHL.

Reactions: EastonBlues22

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Interesting. Thanks for finding that. Intriguing to see if he returns to the Blues system. Why not??
Well if Mikkola can improve his game and Hakanpää has legs for NA. Watch out that pair could be deadly.

Two juiceheads who play on the edge. Nastier then Bortuzzo/Edmundson and play safe game at d-zone. Real shutdown d-pair.

Mikkola who is 6'4'' and Hakanpää who is 6'5'', over 400 lbs combine. :scared:

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Well if Mikkola can improve his game and Hakanpää has legs for NA. Watch out that pair could be deadly.

Two juiceheads who play on the edge. Nastier then Bortuzzo/Edmundson and play safe game at d-zone. Real shutdown d-pair.

Mikkola who is 6'4'' and Hakanpää who is 6'5'', over 400 lbs combine. :scared:
Mikkola is not nasty, he’s no cream puff but he isn’t nasty. Edmundson is way nastier at this point. Mikkola is just... there.

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
Mikkola is not nasty, he’s no cream puff but he isn’t nasty. Edmundson is way nastier at this point. Mikkola is just... there.
Ed hasn't been nasty at all this year. His mean steak consists of dirty looks and flagrant retaliatory penalties. Ed was nasty his whole career until this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad