Blues Prospects Thread 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada

French tweet, but apparently Kostin hurt his foot today and is questionable for tomorrow against Canada.

Additional info for those who don't speak French - it says Kostin had trouble standing for the Russian anthem after the game without help from the trainer. It then specifies that he couldn't put weight on his left foot.

I'm not sure how well Google translate works these days, I just remember how bad it was 10 years ago. A few classmates relied on it to help them write papers failed because of its frequent shortfalls.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Thomas is getting better every game.
That's great. We'll be lucky if that continues. We'll be even luckier if he doesn't regress in his second season as teams begin to focus on him and/or the Blues are taken more seriously by opposing teams. How many times have we assumed that players will be progress into the next season vs how many times has it happened? The first is MUCH higher than the second. There are A LOT of variables in the development of you players. Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
That's great. We'll be lucky if that continues. We'll be even luckier if he doesn't regress in his second season as teams begin to focus on him and/or the Blues are taken more seriously by opposing teams. How many times have we assumed that players will be progress into the next season vs how many times has it happened? The first is MUCH higher than the second. There are A LOT of variables in the development of you players. Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Imo, he just seems like a player who won’t regress and will keep improving.

Reactions: Blueston

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO

I guess you are right, but we need something to give us to hope for. Thomas is the best reason for hope that we have.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Has anyone heard anything about Foley? I haven't seen any updates, and it's been 4 months since the concussion ...

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Has anyone heard anything about Foley? I haven't seen any updates, and it's been 4 months since the concussion ...

There are some recent comments about him in the AHL thread. A member commented about neck muscles causing concussion symptoms, if I understood it correctly.

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
There are some recent comments about him in the AHL thread. A member commented about neck muscles causing concussion symptoms, if I understood it correctly.
It was speculation that that could be the issue, stemming from my own experiences in which I was looking for help and found an article about Crosby having the same issues when he was out forever (turned out to be neck and not brain causing chronic symptoms).

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY

No update out there that I know about.
Either the MIA-PC broadcast or twitter mentioned Foley, along with a few other alums, was at the game last night. Last I heard or read was that he's still in the post-concussion protocol, having his on-ice work restricted without that medical clearance. I'll see if I can edit in the sources quickly. EDIT:

Nov.23: "Mansfield’s Erik Foley, the former PC Friar hockey standout now with the St. Louis Blues, has yet to be cleared to play in either the NHL or with their AHL San Antonio Rampage affiliate due to post-concussion protocol. “I like to work off the walls and spin off people,” Foley said of having his on-ice physical activity restricted."

18 hours ago: "Erik Foley is here as well. Blues prospect is recovering from a concussion. Left a year early to go pro. @ABC6"

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Yeah this is Hofer’s time to shine now. He’s going to a much better, “all-in” Portland team, and won’t be seeing anything near the 40+ shots per game he was seeing in Swift Current. He’ll either thrive or wilt behind a more vigilant defense, a la Ryan Miller; sometimes that change of pace can be difficult. But my guess is that he is going to do better than well and open a lot of people’s eyes, just like Fitzpatrick did last year.

Reactions: Blueston
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad