Friedman: Blues going to look at trading Tarasenko

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Since last year I've been advocating a deal with Edmonton.

Tarasenko, Pietrangelo +
For
Draisaitl, Nurse +

With the addition of Pietrangelo, the Edmonton add would need to be significant. Some salary contortionism would be necessary--Edmonton can't take that much without giving up more.

No,I don't think it's likely that either GM would look to move two core pieces in such a deal, but I think it's a basis for a good hockey trade that could help both teams.

From another thread:

Draisaitl, Nurse, Puljujarvi, Benning, 2019 1st ($14.5M salary)
for
-Pietrangelo, Tarasenko, Dunn, 2019 3rd ($14.7M salary)

Hell no. Too big of an age gap and Edmonton isn't realistically contending this year or next.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Hamilton + Teravainen for Tarasenko + Bozak

Say Teravainen signs for $7 mil, that's $12.75 mil cap going to St. Louis and $12.5 mil cap going to Carolina. The real dollars are $13 mil going to St. Louis and $14.75 mil to Carolina.

Obviously, that is predicated on a separate Parayko/Pietrangelo trade.
No thanks. Not much interest in Hamilton

migi

Feb 25, 2015
I have a bad feeling about Vegas or Rangers going after Tarasenko and then they'll lure Panarin too.

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
I am taking some type of deal between st. Louis and Edmonton is almost a sure thing. They would love to get their hands on a Tarasenko or Schenn to play with McDavid. We really really like Nurse and Nugent-Hopkins. Oilers lack depth. Blues got depth. Taranseko, Edmondson, Bow and Sanford for Nurse and RNH?

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I am taking some type of deal between st. Louis and Edmonton is almost a sure thing. They would love to get their hands on a Tarasenko or Schenn to play with McDavid. We really really like Nurse and Nugent-Hopkins. Oilers lack depth. Blues got depth. Taranseko, Edmondson, Bow and Sanford for Nurse and RNH?
I'm not trading Nurse or Nuge. What would the price on Schenn be considering he's got this year and next year on his contract? All prospects not named Bouchard are available, as are all picks.

hescores

Jan 7, 2019
Maybe they don't think he is the type of player you can win with?
exactly, imho his skills are fading as can be evidenced by his decreased production, I believe as do others depending on deal now is the time to let him go. The same can be said about Pietrangelo, Parayko really stepped it up when Petro was out but now is back to second paring, Steen is another that needs to go, his cap space would be better spent elsewhere.

Hopefully Allen will be regulated to backup and Binnington allowed to play, at least until he cools off some, 50 saves in 51 shots and a 2-0 record is fun to watch.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
STL just got off to a bad start and it looks to be costing them. I would not be surprised at all if they pop up again next season and suddenly are a very competitive team.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Jankowski+Bennett+Curtis Lazar+Foo+Lomberg+Stone+2019 1st round pick for Tarasenko

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
We don’t need multiple assets. I’m personally not to impressed with Donato as a player although I think he could be a 3rd liner who chips in 20 a couple times in his career.

Trading for multiple assets puts us in a worse spot than keeping rank and hoping that he gets it together next year. The bruins prospects are good but depth is never an issue in St. Louis outside of last year at times when our 3rd line was brutal. Too wnd production has been an issue. We typically (which has been Tarasenko) have one guy around the PPG mark with a few others chipping in 55 or so. We cannot for some reason get a consistent two line offensive push which kills us.

Donato has been a disappointment so far. He has been playing way more tentative than he did at Harvard or Olympics. I think he is too much in his head about learning the other side of the puck. He also doesn't have the burst in skating you would like. But, I'm not trying to write him off as much as you are.

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
I'm not trading Nurse or Nuge. What would the price on Schenn be considering he's got this year and next year on his contract? All prospects not named Bouchard are available, as are all picks.

Ryan McLeod, Maybe picks. No offense but the cupboard is very, very bare there. My best buddy is an Oilers guy and we have had this same discussion. If Blues can't get one of the guys I mentioned then they could do a lot better elsewhere. Chia has really destroyed that teams depth.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I am Flames Fan, so you should have done Tkachuk instead;)

I just thought I throw a not so good offer and see if it sticks:sarcasm:
Oh well i dont want you to think i was ignoring you or your team so just to be inclusive here you go.

Juuso Valimaki, Rasmus anderson, Dillon Dube and 1st 2019
for
Allen -heard you guys need agoalie
steen- Heard you wanted an aging vet making to much money
Schmltz-to replace on of your prospects though he is the rhd not the lhd coming our way
Walman- throw in to sweeten the pot

Reactions: viper0220

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
7.5 for a player of his caliber today, in light of more recent signings is a steal from a 27-31 yr old for the remainder of his contract. It's likely to cost a team a blue chip prospect, pick, and player. But I do find his contract intriguing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad