Friedman: Blues going to look at trading Tarasenko

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Let's not forget that from the Leafs perspective, they are giving Kapanen and a 2nd for Parayko, only to turn around and also sell Tank at a discount. Like any Blues fan would agree to that.....
You are also overlooking that he snuck in "cap space" at the end of the deal to further "sweeten it".

Reactions: sfvega

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
You are also overlooking that he snuck in "cap space" at the end of the deal to further "sweeten it".

Between the cap space, a late 2nd round pick, and free space, I'm 3/5ths of the way to HFBingo.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
With Blues LD’s Bouwmeester and Gunnersson both UFA’s after this season and 36 and 33 next season maybe they would want a LD? If looking for a young goalie to rebuild how about Maatta, Jarry, 1st for Tarasenko? Pens have an overload of LD and Maatta is 24 years old under contract for 4 more years at $4 million and has been a top 4 on both Back to back Cup teams. Hard to believe Tarasenko only on pace for 24 goal 50 point season but he could be a good buy low candidate. When I mean buy low that is in comparison to a few years ago when it would take much more.

Wouldn’t mind having Schwartz but what is going on with these guys 3 goals in 29 games? What would it take for him? Rutherford loves looking for buy low players like Schultz, Pearson, and Hagelin.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
With Blues LD’s Bouwmeester and Gunnersson both UFA’s after this season and 36 and 33 next season maybe they would want a LD? If looking for a young goalie to rebuild how about Maatta, Jarry, 1st for Tarasenko? Pens have an overload of LD and Maatta is 24 years old under contract for 4 more years at $4 million and has been a top 4 on both Back to back Cup teams. Hard to believe Tarasenko only on pace for 24 goal 50 point season but he could be a good buy low candidate. When I mean buy low that is in comparison to a few years ago when it would take much more.

Wouldn’t mind having Schwartz but what is going on with these guys 3 goals in 29 games? What would it take for him? Rutherford loves looking for buy low players like Schultz, Pearson, and Hagelin.

That package is not good. I think you are trying to pay for his current production and not realizing if that was the return that DA would absolutely be crucified. He was pretty heavily scrutinized for the Oshie return and it was a better return than the package you are suggesting we trade Tarasenko for. If we want to trade for a top 4 left defenseman I'd imagine fishing out Muzzin in LA would be a better starting point than trading Tarasenko for that and Jarry and a first, that is more than likely very late.

CheMxDawG

Jan 26, 2017
I don't know where the report came from but it is everywhere. It's not like we made it up here in the trade thread. Carolina and the Blues both are going to have a ton if rumors because they have both fallen well short of where they thought they would be. Hamilton has a rep as not exactly a team player. I don't know where that comes from either but it has dogged him right from the start. The guy is supposed to be a superstar but I just don't see it. I was honestly relieved when he went to Calgary because Blues we're rumored to be looking at him back then. It's just one guys opinion but I just never thought he was as good as his reputation. Anyway the real point is if the Blues we're to trade Taranseko I think they can do a lot better than that.

It's nowhere because that report doesn't exist. I'll wait for you to respond with a link to the article citing our malcontent with Dougie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad