Friedman: Blues going to look at trading Tarasenko

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Does anyone know what he actually said? Or is it the same garbage that Army will listen to anyone, but maintain a high asking price.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Is STL really that far away from being a good team again? Sure maybe there needs to be a wake up call, but trading Tarasenko just seems to be such a big move that you could end up making things so much worse.
No. Better goaltending and Schwartz and Tarasenko producing like normal would go a long way to fixing the issues. Coaching would take care of the rest. That doesn't bring them to contender, but solidly in or competing for playoffs. It's just Allen sucks, Schwartz and Tarasenko will combine for about 25 less goals than expected, and our coaches are garbage.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
He's having a horrid year but I'd love to see the Sabres go after him. Maybe a move around the Blues own 1st and 2nd picks traded to Buffalo. Curious what other young talent Blues would want.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Not surprising.. He has been extremely underwhelming. Id actually like to see him elsewhere. STL needs to make some massive changes cause somehow they are awful. Ive always liked the Blues and it sucks seeing them suck

Alot of teams will be lining up

Reactions: cardinalnation

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Is STL really that far away from being a good team again? Sure maybe there needs to be a wake up call, but trading Tarasenko just seems to be such a big move that you could end up making things so much worse.
dont think so. they need better goaltending. their team SV% is 895

Reactions: MoPucks

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Slight dip in production last year, big dip so far this year.

Anyone know what is going on besides St. Louis just generally being bad?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

They’ve been stricken with the O’Reilly curse. The Canadian lord of coffee, DubDublus, has cursed any team that employs O’Reilly with nothing but pain and suffering.

Seriously though they need a goaltender very badly and for whatever reason a team that’s pretty good on paper is brutal on the ice.

They definitely need to change things up. Tarasenko wouldn’t be MY choice of shakeup, but if they do look at moving him... man, that’s a guy I would give up a lot for. No idea how to make the money work but with Jones emergence I’d start with Nurse+Yamamoto+Spooner this offseason and see if they bite. I don’t want to give up Nurse at all but this is the exception to those “XXX would score 50 with McDavid” threads.

Last edited:

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Right now, I believe that Army is listening to offers to trade anyone on the roster to improve this team for next year. That doesn't mean trading Tarasenko for a couple of 1sts, a prospect and a cap dump. That would do nothing to improve the team next year and would most likely make it much worse. It would be for some other sniper who needs a change in scenery at similar age, similar production over the last few years, and on a similar contract. Here is a hint, there aren't really any of them out there.

Give him the season to heal that shoulder, sacrifice a chicken to Jobu to improve his luck, and get a coaching staff in here to build plays around him and see where you go.

SelfassuredReasonableCornsnake-small.gif

Reactions: Kendo

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I think the worry is that Tarasenko’s NTC kicks in this summer (I believe) and what if he has another bad season next year? Then he’d be hard to move and you’d get poor value for him.

So that’s why I think the Blues are considering it. If he is regressing, maybe try to still get good value for him now even though he is having a bad year. I’m sure there’s a team that would still give up something good.

This will be an interesting one to follow.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Trading Tarasenko and not geting back pieces that will immediately improve the team and mesh with the core age coming up will probably get Armstrong fired. Armstrong's strengths do not involve rebuilds, and if they trade Tarasenko for picks and magic bean prospects, they will most likely also trade Petro, Schenn, Schwartz, and anyone else who would be past their prime in the 3-4 years it will take to become competitive. That would require a new GM who can manage all those assets, and Army ain't that guy.

Reactions: SC29681

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Here's what he said through my transcription:

Question: If you were in Doug Armstrong's shoes what would you do:

His response: "I would sell as much as I could, without including the young players in that, trying to recoup assets any way I could"

Marek: "Does that include Vladimir Tarasenko? NTC kicks in July 1"

Friedman: "They're sure going to look at it"

Also included that Dougie Hamilton thought he was being dealt somewhere else at the draft, Hamilton thought it was St. Louis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad