Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Lol ignoring Swayman had a better (slightly) save percentage and obviously had less wins in a 50-50 tandem. And regular season is one thing but let's look at playoff performance so far. Swayman has been on another level, it's really hard to argue that he's not above Bob at this moment in time.

You are really going to bring up a .001 difference in save percentage? :laugh: Bob has also been great in the playoffs, and had to deal with a tougher 1st round matchup against the Bolts, and their #1 PP, instead of a Toronto team who had their 2 biggest scorers injured for most of the series. If the opponents were reversed, there would be a good chance that the second round series would have been Tampa vs Florida.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I'm a little surprised at how lopsided the poll is. While I don't think they win the series (I voted Florida in 5 myself), Boston isn't a team you ever want to underestimate or completely write off. Swayman alone can really help keep the games close. What I'd be worried about if I were a Bruins fan is their ability to score on Bobrovsky. What I suppose I'm going for in my "Florida in 5" prediction is that Swayman will outduel Bobrovsky in one game, but Florida will close out the other four. They won't be easy or lopsided wins though.

Reactions: BB79

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Seriously, lol? Cmon man, you have to be better than this.
Not really. Rule is pretty clear if you shove a ref you get 10 games minimum. The nhl doesn't follow their own rules and just makes it up as you go.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1715002102354.png

1714994797143.png

Last edited:

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Not really. Rule is pretty clear if you shove a ref you get 10 games minimum. The nhl doesn't follow their own rules and just makes it up as you go.
context matters. But still, Florida is stacked and set to dispose of the bruins easily if you read the posts here. Don’t get so upset that Marchand isn’t out for 10 games. Just sit back and watch the destruction.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
a lot of Swayman talk- but a friendly reminder this year against the cats Ullmark went 3-0, with a 1.62 GAA and a .947
Shhhhh! You're not suppose to remind them of that ;)

We all know that gentle push of the ref caused the Leafs to fail to score more than one goal in game 7. Yup. Right on.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I'm shocked to see how one-sided the voting and predictions are.

I don't like either team - but this will be a lot closer a series than people are expecting.

1. Boston is 4-0 in the regular season vs Florida
2. They were neck and neck all season in standings, and FLA barely beat out Boston by 1 point

I get that Florida did quick work of Tampa, and Boston almost had Toronto come back from a 3-1 deficit, but every series is a new beginning. These two teams are quite close and it could go either way.

I could see it go 6 or 7 games, and 50/50 as to who wins.
I hate Boston - so I'm picking Florida to actually win too - but unlike most I don't think it's a foregone conclusion who will win.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
I'm shocked to see how one-sided the voting and predictions are.

I don't like either team - but this will be a lot closer a series than people are expecting.

1. Boston is 4-0 in the regular season vs Florida
2. They were neck and neck all season in standings, and FLA barely beat out Boston by 1 point

I get that Florida did quick work of Tampa, and Boston almost had Toronto come back from a 3-1 deficit, but every series is a new beginning. These two teams are quite close and it could go either way.

I could see it go 6 or 7 games, and 50/50 as to who wins.
I hate Boston - so I'm picking Florida to actually win too - but unlike most I don't think it's a foregone conclusion who will win.

It has to do with the playoffs. Boston took 7 games to beat an injured Leafs team while Florida won their first round series in 5.

If Boston swept the Leafs and Florida went 7, the votes would probably be the opposite.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I'm a little surprised at how lopsided the poll is. While I don't think they win the series (I voted Florida in 5 myself), Boston isn't a team you ever want to underestimate or completely write off. Swayman alone can really help keep the games close. What I'd be worried about if I were a Bruins fan is their ability to score on Bobrovsky. What I suppose I'm going for in my "Florida in 5" prediction is that Swayman will outduel Bobrovsky in one game, but Florida will close out the other four. They won't be easy or lopsided wins though.
Bruins haven't looked very good in the playoffs. Even when they won, I didn't think they were all that great. Just not that impressive, and that team is by far the weakest in the top 8 on paper. Look at their center depth, Coyle and Zacha? That has to be by far the weakest group remaining.

Their only hope is that Swayman carries them. Hard to bank on it.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
i bolded the only part that matters

That doesn't explain why the poll is so lopsided for Florida. It's lopsided because Boston looked bad while Florida looked good.

Boston also might have given Florida home ice advantage for an easier first round matchup for them and it still took game 7 OT while Florida finished off the team Boston was scared of in 5.

Reactions: longtime lurker

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
That doesn't explain why the poll is so lopsided for Florida. It's lopsided because Boston looked bad while Florida looked good.

Boston also might have given Florida home ice advantage for an easier first round matchup for them and it still took game 7 OT while Florida finished off the team Boston was scared of in 5.
We eliminated the Leafs. It was worth it. We're playing with house money at this point, no pressure to win at all. I'm glad the poll is lopsided. Florida is the favorite with home ice. They have all the pressure in the world to beat the Bruins. They can have it.

I voted Florida in 5 myself. Even we expect them to beat us

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

I voted Florida in 4. After game 1 I also voted Toronto in 4

The polls are typical GIGO statistics. Garbage in. Garbage out. Don’t put much faith in them. Everything resets on a nightly basis and you’re only as good as your next shift

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I voted Florida in 4. After game 1 I also voted Toronto in 4

The polls are typical GIGO statistics. Garbage in. Garbage out. Don’t put much faith in them. Everything resets on a nightly basis and you’re only as good as your next shift
One. Game. At. A. Time.

Florida isn't overlooking anyone. I expect the Bruins will play a physical game tonight, should be a good test to get the boys back in the fire. I also expect 4D Monty will play both Sway and Ullmark in the series regardless of the results early.

Panthers in 7.

Reactions: TD Charlie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad