Friedman: Blues going to look at trading Tarasenko

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
To Blues: Hamilton + Kapanen+1st (from Canes) + 2nd (from Toronto)
To Canes: Tarasenko
To Leafs: Parayko
why on earth would we trade parayko an tarasenko for that. Hamilton is not an upgrade over parayko or petro.

Come on HFboards you guys should really stop with these crap offers that wouldnt get 1 of the players let alone both. This is just stupid bad

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm

Just for clarity, here is the question and answer from Rutherford:

32830019448_0db216c50d_o.jpg

It is from an Athletic Question and Answer session.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
This is why everyone hates Leafs fans.

So blues gain

Hamilton for Parayko + 2nd; (both comparable players so blues get more)

And then

Kapanen (young player with offensive upside) + 1st for Tarasenko + cap space

(This 1st can be used to draft a solid player, flipped for two picks or flipped for another offensive player)

i.e. Kapanen + 1st (options to do what blues want) for tarasenko who is 27 years old and who has nmc kick in next season; and has seen his production decline last 2 years

Is not fair? Tarasenko is not Ovi

calm down with your expectations for a player (Tarasenko) who has nmc in his contract and is showing a downward trend in production

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
So we trade one malcontent for a less talented malcontent? I have no problem trading Taranseko who is probably vthe most overrated player in the NhL but I am not doing it for Dougie Hamilton. To be honest I sure as hell hope Army has Carolina on block. Hamilton has been there three months and Canes are already desperate to get him out if town. Buyer beware on this guy.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Would be a dumb move to sell low on Tarasenko unless they think there's a reason he won't bounce back (his shoulder?) and there's more chance of teams valuing him as an underperforming star this year than if he continues to underperform next year. Realistically, Tarasenko, Schwartz and Pietrangelo actually playing like they should, and replacing Allen with even average goaltending would put them back in the playoffs.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
So blues gain

And then

(This 1st can be used to draft a solid player, flipped for two picks or flipped for another offensive player)

i.e. Kapanen + 1st (options to do what blues want) for tarasenko who is 27 years old and who has nmc kick in next season; and has seen his production decline last 2 years

calm down with your expectations for a player (Tarasenko) who has nmc in his contract and is showing a downward trend in production
Tarasenko doesn't have a NMC. It's a terrible deal.

Reactions: Whitsmith803

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
So blues gain

And then

Parayko is over-rated and plays sheltered minutes and Tarasenko is a washed up 35-40 pt player. Why would you do this?

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
So we trade one malcontent for a less talented malcontent? I have no problem trading Taranseko who is probably vthe most overrated player in the NhL but I am not doing it for Dougie Hamilton. To be honest I sure as hell hope Army has Carolina on block. Hamilton has been there three months and Canes are already desperate to get him out if town. Buyer beware on this guy.

Carolina wants a Top 6 forward and is willing to make anyone not named Slavin available to return that player. It could be Hamilton. It could be Pesce. According to the Blues' beat writer, it's preferably Faulk.

There is nothing out there to suggest that there is desperation to get Hamilton in particular out of town. If you don't want to trade Tarasenko for a defenseman of Hamilton's caliber for whatever reason (emotional attachment, roster construction, contract), just say it. No need to make stuff up.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Seriously, everyone is just running with that report that teams were calling about Dougie and turning it into this stupid shit about how Carolina is shopping him and offering garbage in return because "distraction".

As BDC said, Carolina wants a top 6 forward, if someone offers one that they like, they'll explore it, even if it includes Dougie.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
So blues gain

And then

He just came off of a surgery 3 months ago to repair his shoulder. What exactly are you expecting? And you know what thought the past he has been the second behind Ovechkin in the league for goals. If you are trying to get Tarasenko in a package of leaf pieces it would more than likely be something around Kapanen, 1st, b grade prospect, and another first if we are being realistic here. And even that isn’t all that appealing.

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
Seriously, everyone is just running with that report that teams were calling about Dougie and turning it into this stupid **** about how Carolina is shopping him and offering garbage in return because "distraction".

As BDC said, Carolina wants a top 6 forward, if someone offers one that they like, they'll explore it, even if it includes Dougie.

I don't know where the report came from but it is everywhere. It's not like we made it up here in the trade thread. Carolina and the Blues both are going to have a ton if rumors because they have both fallen well short of where they thought they would be. Hamilton has a rep as not exactly a team player. I don't know where that comes from either but it has dogged him right from the start. The guy is supposed to be a superstar but I just don't see it. I was honestly relieved when he went to Calgary because Blues we're rumored to be looking at him back then. It's just one guys opinion but I just never thought he was as good as his reputation. Anyway the real point is if the Blues we're to trade Taranseko I think they can do a lot better than that.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
He just came off of a surgery 3 months ago to repair his shoulder. What exactly are you expecting? And you know what thought the past he has been the second behind Ovechkin in the league for goals. If you are trying to get Tarasenko in a package of leaf pieces it would more than likely be something around Kapanen, 1st, b grade prospect, and another first if we are being realistic here. And even that isn’t all that appealing.

Let's not forget that from the Leafs perspective, they are giving Kapanen and a 2nd for Parayko, only to turn around and also sell Tank at a discount. Like any Blues fan would agree to that.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad