OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I've always wondered about the ordering of NHL teams in lists. And this would be important when it comes to the Blues and Sharks.

If it's Saint then the Blues should be listed first, if it's St. then the Sharks should be listed first.

Obviously the abbreviation stands for Saint, and I always assumed the the name was officially Saint, but when I got into it I couldn't find anything that distinguished one way or the other, though St. was the overwhelmingly more common usage, like so much so that I really couldn't find anything that made me think it could be Saint and I'm no slouch at Google (actually I used Bing).

I think almost every NHL use I've seen lists the Sharks first for what it's worth.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
go back to the chiropractor. maybe even a different one, due to technique differences and skill-level. (full disclosure: wife is a chiropractor)

I had numbness and nerve pain down my left shoulder, through the left arm all the way down to my fingers feeling numb and tingling on my left hand. I had never been to a chiropractor. I went to one highly recommended to me by my co-workers. He interviewed me and discussed my symptoms before telling me it sounded like I needed a chiropractor. He then did cervical x-rays in house that revealed I had a herniated disk between my C6 and C7 vertebrae in my neck which often causes problems with nerve pain and numbness on the left side. I had treatment consisting of not only neck realignment, but a device like an old style torture rack that pulled on my head and helped separate the vertebrae. He also used ultrasound stimulation on the nerves in the shoulder most affected by the disk everytime before he did any alignment. I did less than 10 sessions and he was able to relieve the effects of the herniated disk. Somewhere down the line I may need surgery, but he relieved all of the pain and associated symptoms. Basically, take the advice of StealthJD and get another assessment by another chiropractor. My chiropractor was a professional. He did a couple of realignments on my son who was a football player, then told him that he didn't have any underlying issues and didn't need further sessions. Find a professional that is honest, truthful, and will tell you if you don't really need their services, but may require a different type of treatment.

Last edited:

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I had numbness and nerve pain down my left shoulder, through the left arm all the way down to my fingers feeling numb and tingling on my left hand. I had never been to a chiropractor. I went to one highly recommended to me by my co-workers. He interviewed me and discussed my symptoms before telling me it sounded like I needed a chiropractor. He then did cervical x-rays in house that revealed I had a herniated disk between my C6 and C7 vertebrae in my neck which often causes problems with nerve pain and numbness on the left side. I had treatment consisting of not only neck realignment, but a device like an old style torture rack that pulled on my head and helped separate the vertebrae. He also used ultrasound stimulation on the nerves in the shoulder most affected by the disk everytime before he did any alignment. I did less than 10 sessions and he was able to relieve the effects of the herniated disk. Somewhere down the line I may need surgery, but he relieved all of the pain and associated symptoms. Basically, take the advice of StealthJD and get another assessment by another chiropractor. My chiropractor was a professional. He did a couple of realignments on my son who was a football player, then told him that he didn't have any underlying issues and didn't need further sessions. Find a professional that is honest, truthful, and will tell you if you don't really need their services, but may require a different type of treatment.

Thanks for the response. The pain never leaves. This is new for me. I've always been able to work through pain, but I've been off work for three weeks now. I have severe pain in my neck and back. I've had a ten unit used on me, neck stretcher, adjustments, etc. It doesn't stop. Just had a Toradol shot. It was great for about 12 hours, then the pain slowly came back. I get my follow up from my MRI on Friday. I'm hoping for some relief. I just need a plan at this point.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Thanks for the response. The pain never leaves. This is new for me. I've always been able to work through pain, but I've been off work for three weeks now. I have severe pain in my neck and back. I've had a ten unit used on me, neck stretcher, adjustments, etc. It doesn't stop. Just had a Toradol shot. It was great for about 12 hours, then the pain slowly came back. I get my follow up from my MRI on Friday. I'm hoping for some relief. I just need a plan at this point.

Yoga is the real deal my friend. All of that other stuff is a bandaid. Having adjustments for your back is akin to cracking your knuckles to fix a strained wrist muscle. You gotta limber up. I know a lot of people have doubts/reservations about yoga, but it's been a lifesaver for my back problems, of which I've had plenty stretching all the way back to high school. I'd definitely consider it!

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Yoga is the real deal my friend. All of that other stuff is a bandaid. Having adjustments for your back is akin to cracking your knuckles to fix a strained wrist muscle. You gotta limber up. I know a lot of people have doubts/reservations about yoga, but it's been a lifesaver for my back problems, of which I've had plenty stretching all the way back to high school. I'd definitely consider it!

I'll concur with this. The core spinal strengthening you get from yoga is excellent for posture and maintaining disc height. It's also one hell of a relaxation trip. Once you get pat the initial few days of soreness it's awesome. I do it once a week and never have back pain anymore. Gotta keep those paraspinal muscles happy.

nicholas89alex

Nov 16, 2012
I just got EUIV because it was on sale. I love CKII and consider myself pretty damn good at it, so I'm excited to get into EUIV if/when I have time.

You'll need a lot of time ;)

Worth noting eu4 is easy to be good at hard to master. It's a very different game from CK2. Ck is all about managing individuals and consolidating power and court intrigue, EU4 is much more big picture stuff, i.e. Taxes and trade and expanding your country.

It seems like we have enough people that a HFblues multiplayer game may be a possibility if anyone else is interested?

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Got my MRI results back. Herniated disc between c6-c7 and a bulging disc between c5-c6. Doc is sending me for a shot in the neck in a couple of weeks. I'm hoping it is something that can be fixed without surgery.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Got my MRI results back. Herniated disc between c6-c7 and a bulging disc between c5-c6. Doc is sending me for a shot in the neck in a couple of weeks. I'm hoping it is something that can be fixed without surgery.

Auch, where did you 'damaged' your neck?

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010

Ouch. I'll speak to my father about who did his surgery.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006

Oh my!! Positive vibes floating your way.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I just hope for your sake it can be fixed. Best of luck and I hope all goes well!

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Auch, where did you 'damaged' your neck?

Not really sure. From what I understand these don't just happen unless it is a trauma injury like a bad auto accident or something. It's more of a gradual degeneration that eventually gives. I'm very active in the gym and outdoors, so I may have just pushed it a little too hard and it was the straw that broke the camel's back.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I don't understand how so many organizations in the MLB suck so bad. The Cards have basically used the Memphis Redbirds roster for half the season and are still only a couple of games back. What the hell are these other teams doing they've assembled a roster so bad they're getting beaten regularly by a AAA squad? 12 games better than the Mets, 20 better than the Giants, 8 better than the Pirates...what are these teams doing? This is the worst Cardinal roster in almost 20 years and they're still hanging around. It doesn't make any sense. I don't think they'll make the playoffs, but the fact that they're this close with less than 20 games remaining is remarkable when you look at that lineup they post each day.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
For as bad as the Cards have been, the starters have been pretty good, and the vast majority of our replacement players have been fantastic. Imagine where this club would be with full seasons of Pham, De Jong, Martinez, Weaver, etc.

More of just a weird season for the Cards.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
For as bad as the Cards have been, the starters have been pretty good, and the vast majority of our replacement players have been fantastic. Imagine where this club would be with full seasons of Pham, De Jong, Martinez, Weaver, etc.

More of just a weird season for the Cards.

If we miss the playoffs, and I think we will, the first thing Matheny and Mo are going to complain about is that we had too many injuries. Hopefully the fan base won't buy that, because in almost every instance the player they called up from Memphis out-performed the injured player they were called up to replace. We have an embarrassment of riches in terms of position player depth, but the bullpen has been a dumpster fire all year and we still lack that one fearsome bat in the lineup. This team would be 10 games back or worse if not for the contributions of the Memphis Mafia.

Bye Felicia

Apr 26, 2016
Our St. Louis teams are now basically in the same position. Both have strong teams across the board, but what both teams need to be top contenders is the hardest piece to acquire (1C, #3 hitter).

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Our St. Louis teams are now basically in the same position. Both have strong teams across the board, but what both teams need to be top contenders is the hardest piece to acquire (1C, #3 hitter).

Wouldn't go that far. Cardinals don't have near the talent that the Blues have relative to their respective sports. Similar, but the Cards have more wholes and the depth pieces aren't as good as the Blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad