OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
i do directv now streaming and its great. i signed up when they launched and got grandfathered in to a $35 plan that is now $60 i believe. has nhl network and lots more channels. got a free year of hbo and a free apple tv (which i sold on ebay) too. works with fire TV devices and also roku as well.

very happy with the service after a rocky first 2 months.

WeWantTacos

they said aw-reety an' they was aw-righty
Apr 6, 2012
Brett Hallway
Might be able to connect your laptop to your tv via display to hdmi cable and log onto foxsportsgo.com if you don't want to go the Chromecast/fire tv route.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Then center ice/NHL.tv won't work.

Fox Go, sling box, or simply getting FSMW at the weekend spot is the way to go. You might have to up your internet speed though.

No internet works out there. Had to get a Verizon hot spot. It was the only carrier that had reception.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
i do directv now streaming and its great. i signed up when they launched and got grandfathered in to a $35 plan that is now $60 i believe. has nhl network and lots more channels. got a free year of hbo and a free apple tv (which i sold on ebay) too. works with fire TV devices and also roku as well.

very happy with the service after a rocky first 2 months.

I'm not out there enough to upgrade my plan. I wonder if I can just pay for FSMW ala carte ?

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Do you live in Chicago now?

I lived in Chicago for most of my life so far, but was born in St. Louis and raised there until high school.

I currently call Arizona home and will end up in Canada at some point, where I will spend the rest of my life; Inshallah.

You live in Illinois, iirc.

nicholas89alex

Nov 16, 2012
I'm not noticing a speed difference but I am noticing a readability difference. I guess I just appreciated the old simple layout. We'll see
yeah, only been on it for about 30 seconds but first impressions are not good. seems like there is less contrast, everything is one color and nothing stands out anymore.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Little tougher on the eyes with all the white. Preferred the old layout, personally.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I guess the tradeoff is that After 5 minutes of using it I can already tell there are a ton of new features which is good. Though I was having trouble on mobile.

nicholas89alex

Nov 16, 2012
does anybody else feel like posts are missing? i cant seem to find Morty's first prospect update in the prospect thread anymore and feeling that way about several threads.

WalterSobchak

Blues Trololol
Mar 11, 2004
Where men chunder
www.larddesigns.com
tumblr_inline_nu3evbPggc1rf63x9_500.gif

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
not a fan and many of my posts are missing. like the one where i said fabbri was gonna miss the entire season

High n Wide

Feb 24, 2015
St. Louis
I'm not going to say I don't like the layout on day one (though mobile seems like its going to take a good while to get to liking). Did we lose the button at the bottom of the threads to jump back to the top? Minor detail and I may just be overlooking it, but I used it all the time on mobile and as I'm typing this on my laptop now am realizing that I must've used it pretty regularly on here also since my cursor is bouncing all over looking for it lol.

EDIT: Found it! :handclap:

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
It's an interesting format. I don't think I'll take to long to become adjusted to it.

But I will say, I enjoy that "Times New Roman" is now my standard text font. Probably could have done that with the last format, but hey, I'm a sucker for Times.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Oh Geez... Does anyone think Rob will be okay? This new format might come as a shock to him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad