OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
cant wait to watch piscotty get playing time over Pham some more!

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
ESPN has pulled football announcer Robert Lee from Virginia's football game.

Amazingly, that is not an Onion article. This is the society that we live in, and when people ask or wonder why Trump got elected, you can look at things like this. Stupid **** like this led to the stupid response of voters getting behind Trump because people viewed him as the only candidate to go against the crazy, unfortunately, he fights crazy with crazy.

BTW, Robert Lee is Asian.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
From a headline, that is pretty ridiculous

But in reality, he wanted to be pulled and espn agreed. He didn't want to be seen as a joke all over the Internet, that Robert Lee was back in the south where all that garbage happened last week or the week before

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
From a headline, that is pretty ridiculous

But in reality, he wanted to be pulled and espn agreed. He didn't want to be seen as a joke all over the Internet, that Robert Lee was back in the south where all that garbage happened last week or the week before

Well, he's become the joke of the internet. No one would've even cared or noticed if he called the game.

ESPN is saying they didn't make him, they asked him, and they eventually mutually agreed to it, so basically, they made him. If as an organization you are that afraid of the alt-right making dumb memes, then you are just weak. No reasonable person would've cared.

Last edited:

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
We'll we do live in a Meme Society at this point. Context and truth do not matter anymore, just a picture with some words Photoshoped in.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
We'll we do live in a Meme Society at this point. Context and truth do not matter anymore, just a picture with some words Photoshoped in.

The alt-right/trolls will troll regardless. ESPN doing this just gives them more fuel. He was scheduled to be on ESPN3, do we really think the trolls of the internet would've cared more about that than something else going on? Trolls go for the biggest impact, and I'm sure something else would've created more impact if ESPN didn't bring this story up.

ESPN did exactly what the trolls wanted and the memes are going to be swarming the internet now.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
The alt-right/trolls will troll regardless. ESPN doing this just gives them more fuel. He was scheduled to be on ESPN3, do we really think the trolls of the internet would've cared more about that than something else going on? Trolls go for the biggest impact, and I'm sure something else would've created more impact if ESPN didn't bring this story up.

ESPN did exactly what the trolls wanted and the memes are going to be swarming the internet now.

The politically correct police do feed into their narrative

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I guarantee you that people would have cared if Robert Lee was calling a game in Charlottesville after what happened there. I think if the reporter wanted to be removed from the game, it made sense for ESPN to do so.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
ESPN has pulled football announcer Robert Lee from Virginia's football game.

Amazingly, that is not an Onion article. This is the society that we live in, and when people ask or wonder why Trump got elected, you can look at things like this. Stupid **** like this led to the stupid response of voters getting behind Trump because people viewed him as the only candidate to go against the crazy, unfortunately, he fights crazy with crazy.

BTW, Robert Lee is Asian.

what do you expect from espn? did you see the way they treated curt schilling compared to bruce jenner? or how about them dedicating like 15mins of a show to Obama's march madness picks like anyone cares.

company is one of the biggest PC companies in the world.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
what do you expect from espn? did you see the way they treated curt schilling compared to bruce jenner? or how about them dedicating like 15mins of a show to Obama's march madness picks like anyone cares.

company is one of the biggest PC companies in the world.

You mean Caitlyn Jenner, Trump supporter (during the election, at least)?

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
if i was GM i would have gotten something for Lynn, rosey and others.

instead, we will be getting ZERO back from them and in roseys case, the poor fella will never be the same. The ONLY thing he had going for him was 100mph+, thats gone forever now, ta ta.

Mo is 10x worse than Matheny and that is SAD!

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL

instead, we will be getting ZERO back from them and in roseys case, the poor fella will never be the same. The ONLY thing he had going for him was 100mph+, thats gone forever now, ta ta.

I think that you will see Lynn staying with the Cardinals. Something tells me that this off season will be VERY active and trading both prospects and Players to get the big bat we are going to need and possibly an addition to the rotation. I think that 1/3 or even 2/3 of Leake(trade with a % of salary retained) Wacha(trade or bullpen) and Waino(retires and becomes a pitching coach with Chris Carpenter :)) will leave and Alex Reyes and Lynn will have a spot in the rotation.

1.Martinez
2.Reyes
3.Lynn
4.Weaver
5.Leake/Wacha/Waino

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

Lynn, yes, I agree.

Rosenthal, you had no way of knowing that he'd need TJ and he was a remarkably valuable piece of the bullpen under team control next year. Dumb to trade him. Also he probably won't lose velocity, most pitchers don't. I've linked a study before.

nicholas89alex

Nov 16, 2012

Wait is Rosey worth anything? I thought he was a terrible pitcher who couldn't be trusted according to you?

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
I think that you will see Lynn staying with the Cardinals. Something tells me that this off season will be VERY active and trading both prospects and Players to get the big bat we are going to need and possibly an addition to the rotation. I think that 1/3 or even 2/3 of Leake(trade with a % of salary retained) Wacha(trade or bullpen) and Waino(retires and becomes a pitching coach with Chris Carpenter :)) will leave and Alex Reyes and Lynn will have a spot in the rotation.

1.Martinez
2.Reyes
3.Lynn
4.Weaver
5.Leake/Wacha/Waino

I hope Mo and Girsch find a takers for those two. Leake needs to go. There is a trade out there (like Jaime Garcia) that can be made. Wacha has some value and could bring a decent return. I could also see him staying and going being in competition with Reyes again for a starting role. If Wacha would lose, he would make an excellent reliever. However, as I originally said, I hope that Leake and Wacha are traded.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
lmao this team is terrible, cant believe they did nothing at the deadline.

mad props to army for not doing this sort of treatment to the blues.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Did anyone watch the Mayweather/McGregor weigh-in? The weight limit is 153, and when Mcgregor got on the scale the guy clearly yelled "156", then he pushed the scale the g to the right about an inch, and they announced a weight of 153...I can't find anyone talking about this on the inter webs, though, wondering if I'm crazy.

Edit - the guy had a NY/Boston accent, said 153. I'm crazy.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I just like seeing the ******** from the tap out shirt gang. What happened is exactly what was always going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad