OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I agree. I know Miller is a rookie and they like experience...but he has been absolutely lights out at Busch. Plus Lynn's experience in the playoffs is vastly overrated. He's been bad under pressure his whole career. I wanted Miller to start. If we lost, so be it. But at least we put our best starter for the job out there. I'm just praying Kelly finds a way to out pitch Liriano in game three.

The decision becomes even more questionable when Matheny chose Wacha to start game 4. That's guaranteed to be an elimination game either way. Why put such an inexperienced rookie out there in an elimination game on the road? Miller at least has a bit of postseason experience. I guess Matheny really likes Wacha's mental game.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
The decision becomes even more questionable when Matheny chose Wacha to start game 4. That's guaranteed to be an elimination game either way. Why put such an inexperienced rookie out there in an elimination game on the road? Miller at least has a bit of postseason experience. I guess Matheny really likes Wacha's mental game.

I'd actually be ok with it had he started Miller today. I think the biggest reason for going with Wacha is his change up. The pirates feast in fastballs and Miller is primarily a fastball pitcher. Wacha uses his off speed stuff a little more. Either way, it shows a ton of confidence in Wacha. Then again, as good as Wacha was at the end of the year, Miller played a huge role for us. I just don't get the decision not to start him. It's baffling really. The other thing I don't get is how Matheny was talking about how well Lynn pitched his last four starts. They were all against crappy teams. He should have pitched well.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
How the hell is Ray Ray Armstrong still on this team? For a special teams player to be penalized practically every game is just inexcusable.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I can stand when the team I'm rooting for is bad, it happens. When they continually make stupid mistakes that cost them points and games, it's beyond frustrating. I'll always be a Rams fan, but it's tough. Also, enough of the trash talking on both sides. I know it's commonplace in football, but when you play for two of the worst teams in the NFL, check your ego at the door.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
The offensive coaching decisions are just baffling. No creativity. Worst play calling I have ever seen.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
I have more faith in bradford than others, but he's getting close to the edge of the bridge. He's got to step up.

This playcalling sucks. No more of these short 8 yard passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad