OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thekidline

Aug 9, 2010
Saint Louis Mo
Over 5.5 goals in all 3 of tonights NHL games means I've just booked my flights to St. Louis for the NLDS & Blues season opener :yo: Been considering it for a while, but needed an excuse.

Glasgow>London>Chicago>St. Louis. Leave London at 7:45am Thursday, so going to be a long day!

Enjoy!

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Just announced today that Mujica is on the NLDS roster. Don't know how I feel about this. No doubt the guy came in and saves our season, but he has been horrendous the last month. I don't feel comfortable having him out there.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Blues could really use the baseball equivalent of Beltran. That dude just turns it up in the post-season.

SirPaste

Jun 30, 2010
STL
So I came into work the other day and found that HFBoards was blocked at work! Its killing me, my work day is gonna go by so much slower, thats why I havent been posting as much.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
So what's up with this game being on MLB network? The Cards/Pirates have really gotten the short end of the stick thus far. Game 1 starts at 4 on a Thursday, and Game 2 starts at noon on a premium channel so I can't see either. That's pretty upsetting.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
So what's up with this game being on MLB network? The Cards/Pirates have really gotten the short end of the stick thus far. Game 1 starts at 4 on a Thursday, and Game 2 starts at noon on a premium channel so I can't see either. That's pretty upsetting.

We are a mid market team playing another mid market team. Game. Set. Match.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Hahahahaha the Reds fired Dusty Baker. Who's goin to make horrible decisions and throw away games against us now?

Tony? :laugh: Probably not. He and Walt are still close, though. Stranger things have happened.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Freese looking like garbage today.
Freeze looked terrible but Lynn takes the cake for sure. This is two postseasons in a row where he's been terrible. Miller is far better at home than Lynn. He was pretty much our best pitcher at Busch this year. I'd be pissed at being relegated to the bullpen after being a key cog in the rotation if I were Miller. Then again it didn't really matter how bad Lynn was because our offense was horrible.
Tony? :laugh: Probably not. He and Walt are still close, though. Stranger things have happened.

God I hope not. I hate the Reds with a passion. That would upset me to see him go there.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Freeze looked terrible but Lynn takes the cake for sure. This is two postseasons in a row where he's been terrible. Miller is far better at home than Lynn. He was pretty much our best pitcher at Busch this year. I'd be pissed at being relegated to the bullpen after being a key cog in the rotation if I were Miller. Then again it didn't really matter how bad Lynn was because our offense was horrible.

God I hope not. I hate the Reds with a passion. That would upset me to see him go there.

I really don't get why we played our worst pitchers(of those considered for the rotation this series) for Game 2. There seems to be a lot of over thinking going on.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I really don't get why we played our worst pitchers(of those considered for the rotation this series) for Game 2. There seems to be a lot of over thinking going on.

I agree. I know Miller is a rookie and they like experience...but he has been absolutely lights out at Busch. Plus Lynn's experience in the playoffs is vastly overrated. He's been bad under pressure his whole career. I wanted Miller to start. If we lost, so be it. But at least we put our best starter for the job out there. I'm just praying Kelly finds a way to out pitch Liriano in game three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad