OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Mujica :shakehead It is really worrying at this point, but at least the leash will be very short if he is still getting the chances next week onwards.

Phillies jump out to an early 2-0 lead in the top of the first against the Braves as well.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
uh oh game 1 of the NLDS is Thursday as well. Hopefully it will be an afternoon game (as the division series games sometimes are) as to not interfere with the Blues. I think the Blues have priority for me even over playoffs, but I guess I'll be switching back and forth.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Really hoping for an afternoon game as well, but I really doubt it will play out that way. I'm expecting to be heading to St. Louis on Wednesday, so getting to go to both games would be amazing.

Phillies won tonight, so the Cards will finish the top seed in the NL with a win tomorrow or a Braves loss.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
According to the mlb.com playoff schedule, both NLDS game 1's are on Thursday and on TBS. My guess is that whichever series the Dodgers are in will get the primetime slot. So hopefully (for reasons beyond just scheduling) the cards finish 1st overall and avoid the Dodgers in the first round. Luckily Philly managed not to blow it tonight despite their best efforts, so we just need a win or braves loss. Although we are starting Westbrook tomorrow, so....

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
Westbrook ? Seriously? :facepalm: I hope Kelly is warming up in the bullpen before the opening pitch today. If the Cardinals lose today because of this and the Braves win, LA comes to Busch Thursday for the start of NLDS smh...

Who would you rather face in the 1st round, the 1-2 punch the Dodgers have of SP Kershaw then Grenkie in a 5 game series or the Pirates/Reds? :sarcasm:

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
Westbrook ? Seriously? :facepalm: I hope Kelly is warming up in the bullpen before the opening pitch today. If the Cardinals lose today because of this and the Braves win, LA comes to Busch Thursday for the start of NLDS smh...

Who would you rather face in the 1st round, the 1-2 punch the Dodgers have of SP Kershaw then Grenkie in a 5 game series or the Pirates/Reds? :sarcasm:

We do hit Kershaw well, however, he gave up 4 in 7 innings and 2 in 6 with 3 walks in his 2 starts. Both were losses for LA.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado

People are making way too big a deal about Westbrook. Matheny has the postseason rotation set and doesnt wanna mess with it, hence the decision to go with Westbrook today. This game really means nothing, and westbrook has been decent at home this year. Also, I think atlanta will lose in the 1st round and we won't have to worry about not having home field advantage. It's really not a bad decision if you think about it.

And you forgot about Ryu.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
Did anyone else hear Fisher gave the team the day off after thursdays debacle? What the **** is that hoosier trying to do here? Move us to LA?

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Braves leading 3-0 in the first. Looking like it is all on Westbrook to get that top seed.

Thekidline

Aug 9, 2010
Saint Louis Mo
Anybody else really interested in what mizzou can do in the upcoming SEC schedule?

This team is much improved. The offense is miles ahead of where it was last year, the RB and WR depth is phenomenal and DGB is making big plays like he should. The defense is pretty solid, there isn't a playmaker like Richardson anymore but the DL is very deep and EJ Gaines is a stud corner. If this team doesn't make a bowl game I will be very surprised.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
Anybody else really interested in what mizzou can do in the upcoming SEC schedule?

This team is much improved. The offense is miles ahead of where it was last year, the RB and WR depth is phenomenal and DGB is making big plays like he should. The defense is pretty solid, there isn't a playmaker like Richardson anymore but the DL is very deep and EJ Gaines is a stud corner. If this team doesn't make a bowl game I will be very surprised.

I would not be willing to say the defense is solid, they force turnover, that's about it. Arkansas State was driving down the field pretty easily yesterday and its not like their D has had any real test either.

Thekidline

Aug 9, 2010
Saint Louis Mo
I would not be willing to say the defense is solid, they force turnover, that's about it. Arkansas State was driving down the field pretty easily yesterday and its not like their D has had any real test either.

Fair enough the turnovers are nice, they pressured the QB well. The run defense does need some work though.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Best-case we end up 9-3, worst case we end up 7-5 IMO. I think we beat Florida at home and the toss-ups are Vandy and Mississippi on the road. I think we should beat Vandy and Ole Miss will be a tough game, so finishing 8-4 would be a successful season in my eyes.

If we end up 9-3, that would be huge for national spotlight and recruiting. If that happens and we back that season up in 2014, then we could really make a statement for recruiting down south.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Matheny and the Cards are a class act. Let Westbrook have a final inning and allow Holliday to finish at .300 after he hit it for the first time this season.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
Kolten Wong finally got a hit, wonder if he even sees a single minute in the playoffs.

He seems like he has a pretty good swing, but is always behind in the count and sucks with 2 strikes.

I know people say you gotta give him some time, but he hasn't really shown us anything. Definitely can't use him in the playoffs.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
This Broncos team is just scary. Glad the Rams pass D isn't going to be violated by this offense, they'd be lucky to only give up 56!

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Broncos were my pick before the season and with the way the Rams are, the Broncos are basically my team this season.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
And even a blocked punt :laugh: Just a great team to watch, my team for the season as well. Would be crazy for Eli to finish with more Superbowls than Peyton.

Really difficult to see who is going to be capable of beating this team as long as Peyton is healthy.

Back to the baseball, the AL wildcard is looking fun. Rays @ Rangers tomorrow to determine who head to Cleveland for the wildcard. Plenty of distractions in the lead up to the Blues opener.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad