OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluemandan

Ya Ma Goo!
Mar 18, 2008
Also, after reading all the talk on here, I started watching Breaking Bad two days ago. I just finished the first season and "WOW" it's good. Living up to the hype so far.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Also, after reading all the talk on here, I started watching Breaking Bad two days ago. I just finished the first season and "WOW" it's good. Living up to the hype so far.

I've been watching the past couple weeks and had a really hard time with the first 2 seasons. It gets extremely gritty, but starts to loosen up in season 3.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I watched the whole series over the last few months (and saw the finale tonight). Its a show where its usually a bad idea to watch more than one episode at a time. I found I needed to think about the episodes for a while. Anyway, I was not disappointed with the ending. Fantastic show.

Also, since I live in Albuquerque I'm familiar with so many little places where they shot it.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I watched the whole series over the last few months (and saw the finale tonight). Its a show where its usually a bad idea to watch more than one episode at a time. I found I needed to think about the episodes for a while. Anyway, I was not disappointed with the ending. Fantastic show.

Also, since I live in Albuquerque I'm familiar with so many little places where they shot it.

Agree on watching it an episode a day. Only started watching it in the last couple of weeks, but I'm watching it slowly. But I kinda have that problem with all TV shows; if I watch 3+ episodes a day then I'll forget the minor details when they crop up again 5 or 6 episodes later.

Going to have to avoid most of the internet for the next few days until all the BB talk has died down.

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
People are making way too big a deal about Westbrook. Matheny has the postseason rotation set and doesnt wanna mess with it, hence the decision to go with Westbrook today. This game really means nothing, and westbrook has been decent at home this year. Also, I think atlanta will lose in the 1st round and we won't have to worry about not having home field advantage. It's really not a bad decision if you think about it.

And you forgot about Ryu.

Well it's the Braves problem right now isn't it? Don't count them out just yet, Kemp is out for the rest of the year. :laugh: And I could care less about Ryu he could be wong duck dong as far as I am concerned. :sarcasm:

And it's a good thing Westbrook only pitched a inning. Bring on the Pirates or Reds.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
How does it make any sense that he serves his suspension while he was unemployed? Granted he never would have been released, but since he was released, he was suspended from playing in games that he couldn't have played in anyway.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
How does it make any sense that he serves his suspension while he was unemployed? Granted he never would have been released, but since he was released, he was suspended from playing in games that he couldn't have played in anyway.

I don't really understand it either. Seems like a loophole that should be closed.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Lynn is starting game 2.:facepalm: After his meltdown in last years NLCS game 4, I want him nowhere near a playoff rotation. Miller is much better at home than on the road. He's lights out at home in fact.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Both are much better at home than on the road and Lynn finished the season very strong. I don't hate the decision, but I'd have had Miller starting as well.

NL wild card starting soon. Don't care who we face, as long as tonights game goes 25 innings :laugh:

Last edited:

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Bryd with a solo shot puts the Pirates 1-0 up in the second. Liriano looking really sharp for them as well.

Martin with another to make it 2-0. 4 of the 6 Pirates batters have hit the ball hard on Cueto.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Yes, Kelly is my choice to go in game 3 no matter what the series score is. He has been excellent on the road, and pretty dominant against Pittsburgh.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Over 5.5 goals in all 3 of tonights NHL games means I've just booked my flights to St. Louis for the NLDS & Blues season opener :yo: Been considering it for a while, but needed an excuse.

Glasgow>London>Chicago>St. Louis. Leave London at 7:45am Thursday, so going to be a long day!

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Over 5.5 goals in all 3 of tonights NHL games means I've just booked my flights to St. Louis for the NLDS & Blues season opener :yo: Been considering it for a while, but needed an excuse.

Glasgow>London>Chicago>St. Louis. Leave London at 7:45am Thursday, so going to be a long day!

That's awesome! That would be one hell of a day!

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Argentina vs. Bosnia in a friendly at Busch. Those are two perfect teams to choose. You get the best player in the world, and St. Louis has a very high Bosnian population. I don't really care for soccer, but even I want to see that game. I want to see the best player in the world(so I've heard. Again, I know nothing about soccer). This is excellent. Anyone with more soccer knowledge than myself know whether an MLS team for St. Louis is a possibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad