OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
Pead? "inactive" for a team that can't run the football? Quick? 1 catch for 12 yards. :sarcasm: And overall as a team in 2013 it's looking like a long year for the Rams, and I aint talking about Jake or Chris either. :sarcasm:

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
My dad dragged me to my first Rams game in years last night. I know they suck again but it's amazing how miserable an in-person experience that league has become. The last 3 minutes of the first half took literally 50 minutes in real time and omitting the timeouts, injuries, penalties, and reviews I think two things actually happened. Just a brutal spectator sport.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
College is like that too now. I remember going to Mizzou games with Chase Daniel and they went so fast, but now there are so much breaks because of tv.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
College is like that too now. I remember going to Mizzou games with Chase Daniel and they went so fast, but now there are so much breaks because of tv.

Definitely true. I went to the Georgia game last year.

But at least there's still an atmosphere.

And at least during those long ass Yanks/Sox game there's entertainment.

The Dome. No atmosphere. They suck. It's slow.

I mean it's miserable.

GrandPapillon*

Pead? "inactive" for a team that can't run the football? Quick? 1 catch for 12 yards. :sarcasm: And overall as a team in 2013 it's looking like a long year for the Rams, and I aint talking about Jake or Chris either. :sarcasm:

Didn't the 49ers and Chiefs make a bust for bust deal with Baldwin for AJ Jenkins?

Shouldn't the Rams explore the possibility with an Ingram or a Leshoure? The Rams backfield is comprised of 1 bust, 2 late round picks, and a undrafted free agent, and they are playing like it. Why not try someone new?

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
Didn't the 49ers and Chiefs make a bust for bust deal with Baldwin for AJ Jenkins?

Shouldn't the Rams explore the possibility with an Ingram or a Leshoure? The Rams backfield is comprised of 1 bust, 2 late round picks, and a undrafted free agent, and they are playing like it. Why not try someone new?

Pead caught six or seven balls the week before, I doubt he was inactive without a real reason. Maybe a rule violation. It's not all the RB's fault though, there's a blame that needs to be on the offensive line.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
16 rushing yards as a team yesterday. How are people not losing their jobs? *coughs*Schottenheimer*coughs*

GrandPapillon*

Pead caught six or seven balls the week before, I doubt he was inactive without a real reason. Maybe a rule violation. It's not all the RB's fault though, there's a blame that needs to be on the offensive line.

If it is a rule thing, he needs to be gone anyway as he has already been suspended once this season. Also, while he may have caught a few passes, he didn't exactly rack up the yards or touchdowns.

The running backs are atrocious.

The offensive line is underachieving.

The play-calling is as uninspired as I have ever seen

The defense was severely overrated

Special teams are an undisciplined, poorly coached mess

Several high round draft picks are looking bust-worthy and neither Cook or Long have really justified their contracts yet

At this point, I am hoping that Fisher takes the job at USC if it is offered.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
If it is a rule thing, he needs to be gone anyway as he has already been suspended once this season. Also, while he may have caught a few passes, he didn't exactly rack up the yards or touchdowns.

The running backs are atrocious.

The offensive line is underachieving.

The play-calling is as uninspired as I have ever seen

The defense was severely overrated

Special teams are an undisciplined, poorly coached mess

Several high round draft picks are looking bust-worthy and neither Cook or Long have really justified their contracts yet

At this point, I am hoping that Fisher takes the job at USC if it is offered.

The play calling really has been terrible. I wondered last night if schottenheimer was actually watching the game, it seems like he kept running the same run play.

Hooliganx3

Oct 28, 2010
I wasn't much of a fan of the Fisher signing as a coach to be honest. I know there was a lot of hype about his track record. I just never found the Titan teams very exciting to watch when he was there. If we are going to lose it would be nice to at least have an entertaining team to watch.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
I wasn't much of a fan of the Fisher signing as a coach to be honest. I know there was a lot of hype about his track record. I just never found the Titan teams very exciting to watch when he was there. If we are going to lose it would be nice to at least have an entertaining team to watch.

They didn't call him "Coach Ocho" for nothing

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
Marc Sessler tweeted a classic last night about OC Shotty and QB Bradford :

"Not a good sign that every quarterback under Brian Schottenheimer is Mark Sanchez, or becomes him." Or back from my day, Archie Manning I'll add.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
Fisher has been great. The first 5 or so drives in the second half for the 49ers were 3 and outs or close to that.

The offense just couldn't take advantage. Fisher is calling the defense, its Schottenheimer the problem on offense.

Hooliganx3

Oct 28, 2010
Fisher has been great. The first 5 or so drives in the second half for the 49ers were 3 and outs or close to that.

The offense just couldn't take advantage. Fisher is calling the defense, its Schottenheimer the problem on offense.

Fisher chose Shottenheimer. Fisher has a lot of say in the personal decisions for the team. If the team is still bad it reflects on Fisher. In his last 4 seasons he has one winning season. It looks like this will be another losing season.

I honestly don't think our defense is very good this year either. It is 28th in PPG given up so far, and 26 for yards per game given up. For a coach that is known to be strong defensively that is horrible.

Last edited:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Cards clinch the Central! Go Birds! Don't stop there, though. We need home field!!!

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
Fisher chose Shottenheimer. Fisher has a lot of say in the personal decisions for the team. If the team is still bad it reflects on Fisher. In his last 4 seasons he has one winning season. It looks like this will be another losing season.

I honestly don't think our defense is very good this year either. It is 28th in PPG given up so far, and 26 for yards per game given up. For a coach that is known to be strong defensively that is horrible.

I agree, but the offense had it's chances to come back and make it close, as the defense was briefly on a role in the 3rd quarter.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
Unfortunately Craig appears done for the year. If it progresses, he could be done for next year too.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011

You know, I feel like everyone keeps trying to tell me Jeff Fisher is a good head coach. Do you realize that in 16 (Full) NFL seasons as a head coach, with Tennessee he had 6 winning seasons? And in the playoffs he's been 1 and done 3 times, 2 and done twice?

That was back when he had Eddie George and Steve McNair, two All-Pro offensive players at pretty much the most important positions in football. Yet everyone keeps screaming that he's an amazing head coach. He's not. He's mediocre at best. For comparison, Bill Cowher had 10 winning seasons in 15 years. Cowher lost 4 AFC Championship games and won and lost a Super Bowl. That's what a good head coach looks like.

GrandPapillon*

Look at how Seattle and San Francisco turned around their franchises by bringing in a coach from the NCAA with fresh ideas. The Eagles just did the same, and it is an open question if it will work or not, but at least the experiment has been exciting. Fisher just doesn't seem to be equipped for the way the league has changed. I am really hoping that USC offers him the job this post-season, and we let him out of his contract to accept it.

I also think that Sam Bradford should be done here. He got just as much of a chance as Josh Freeman to perform, and couldn't do it. Were there excuses along the way? Of course. The offensive line was bad. The weapons weren't there. The defense gave up too many points to win with. Well, Andrew Luck in Indy has done some great things behind a subpar defensive line and a fairly average arsenal of weapons. The burning through one coordinator after another was also a factor. It won't help him at all if Schotty is fired (which he should be...hopefully by mid-season) and he has to learn yet another playbook. Ultimately, it isn't really fair that the Rams ruined Sam Bradford, but at this point his growth has been irreversibly Pejorative Slured. It wasn't really his fault, but the Rams would be much better served focusing on what could be and not would could have been.

My solution if Fisher leaves for the USC job. Bring in Kevin Sumlin from Texas A & M who will probably be looking to join the NFL ranks as Manziel declares for the draft. Use one of the top 15 picks we will have on Tajh Boyd from Clemson to run an uptempo offense. Use the other on a Tackle so he doesn't get killed.

Thekidline

Aug 9, 2010
Saint Louis Mo
Anybody else see a scary resemblance between the MIZZOU offense from 2012 and this years Rams offense?

My reasoning:
- Overly simplified offense with no creativity.
- Failure to get the ball to young playmaker enough (DGB/Austin)
- No ability to run or pass block
- Dropped passes left and right
- Way to many penalties

Nothing more frustrating than a boring offense that has the talent to move the ball but can't because of a lack of execution and creativity.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
My dad dragged me to my first Rams game in years last night. I know they suck again but it's amazing how miserable an in-person experience that league has become. The last 3 minutes of the first half took literally 50 minutes in real time and omitting the timeouts, injuries, penalties, and reviews I think two things actually happened. Just a brutal spectator sport.

It's horrific in person. The only way to watch football now is having all the games on Directv. You can flip back and forth during the early 7 games and pretty much not miss a play in any game with all the timeouts and 4.5min commercials after every fourth play.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
It's horrific in person. The only way to watch football now is having all the games on Directv. You can flip back and forth during the early 7 games and pretty much not miss a play in any game with all the timeouts and 4.5min commercials after every fourth play.

nlfreevpn.com connect to VPN then go to the NFL version of GameCenter Live and it works for free. Turn on the game you like then disconnect from the VPN, reconnect to switch to a different game.

Because I hate having to pay for things lol

But anyways I'm so disappointed that I thought the Rams were gonna be good this year. I really thought this would be a year I could get back to watching some Rams games on Sunday and after the 1st week I was like "Oh man it's finally gonna happen." then the next 2 weeks came and I've just about gave up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad