Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Go Chiefeneers!!

Is that one quarterback gonna win?

Will Patrick Brady kick a hat trick today?

Stupid soccer games....

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
I am choosing to not adult for a little bit.

Well, that's kind of a lie - the 20-year old and one of the 17-year olds are here, so I have to adult for them. Other than that, I'm not adulting for a little bit.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Short-term: not dwelling on a major problem that exists and needs a solution at some point. Beyond that? Getting through the weekend and mentally regrouping and getting back to adulting again.
Maybe you are adulting by acknowledging that you need a mental break to be able to solve the problem?

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Maybe you are adulting by acknowledging that you need a mental break to be able to solve the problem?
Well, I do need a mental break - but that's a different story. Not sure this one is solving a problem, it's more delaying dealing with reality but at the moment I'm OK with that.

There will probably be a rant at some point. Everyone here will be able to relate - or, one day you'll be able to relate. I know, it's vagueposting at its worst. I apologize for it. I really am OK, me and Mrs. Hoffman are OK, the little Hoffmans are all OK, ... yesterday was just a shitty day on a couple fronts and I am trying to find the "least worst" answer on one of them, and my short-term solution is to not adult and ignore it knowing I'm going to have to fully adult soon whether I like it or not.

Reactions: MissouriMook

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Well, I do need a mental break - but that's a different story. Not sure this one is solving a problem, it's more delaying dealing with reality but at the moment I'm OK with that.

There will probably be a rant at some point. Everyone here will be able to relate - or, one day you'll be able to relate. I know, it's vagueposting at its worst. I apologize for it. I really am OK, me and Mrs. Hoffman are OK, the little Hoffmans are all OK, ... yesterday was just a shitty day on a couple fronts and I am trying to find the "least worst" answer on one of them, and my short-term solution is to not adult and ignore it knowing I'm going to have to fully adult soon whether I like it or not.
Well best of luck! Me and my family are about to go through a series of big stressful decisions and I already feel the weight of it all. Not sure what you all are going through, but sometimes letting others know provides some comfort. I hope it all turns out ok.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
My best friend needs some positive vibes if there's any left.

His heart stopped working twice this week. No previous medical conditions and only 36.

He is now in a coma.

I'm beside myself :(
GDI. I've heard of way too many young people dropping over this week, same kind of thing: totally healthy, totally normal, fall over dead.

Hopefully this has a better ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad