OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
One of my wife's coworkers in Texas filled up his bathtubs with water before everything froze
It’s an electricity problem. The pump that allows our community to have water isn’t working. As far as I know nothing to do with freezing. We were told it would be fixed yesterday (3 days) but it hasn’t been so far.

The problems with the grid in Texas are shocking. This is a cold spell, yes, but it’s not an unprecedented situation. I would have thought similar amounts of electricity are needed during extreme heat waves too.

‘I’ve never given serious thought to getting a generator before, but when I move to Montana I will either do that or have a wood-burning heat source with plenty of fuel.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
@Blueston, @joe galiba, @Stupendous Yappi

Any good news guys? I played Positive Vibrations for you this morning hoping for good news today.

Me to this situation: "The power of Bob Marley compels you!"
Thank you for your kind thoughts. Our temp in house got down to 45 yesterday afternoon and was still falling so we packed up and headed to friends house in the suburbs. He is a Wings fan but sweet nonetheless. Never been so happy for hot shower. Our power came back on late last night and wife and I returned home this morning. Hopefully no more power outages.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I always meant to ask if you had a sauna but you're a Finn so of course you do lol. The U.P. in Michigan has tons of people of Finnish descent and they brought their love of saunas with them. I have one at my camp in the U.P. right on the lake and it's my favorite spot in the whole world.

Going to build one in my STL backyard this coming fall.
You have wooden or electricity sauna?

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
You have wooden or electricity sauna?

Wood sauna, the only way imo. I do have electricity run to it for lighting in the changing area.

I have a wood stove from the 1950's that's topped with Lake Superior rocks so you can pour water on them to release steam. Very old school Finn sauna, the only kind.

Reactions: Ranksu

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Wood sauna, the only way imo. I do have electricity run to it for lighting in the changing area.

I have a wood stove from the 1950's that's topped with Lake Superior rocks so you can pour water on them to release steam. Very old school Finn sauna, the only kind.
Love it. People who havent tried wood sauna, it's like another world.

You have some finnish on you. :bb:

Reactions: TK 421

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
@TK 421 you use 'made of birch' in sauna? It's called vasta in finnish.

Siina_vasta_vihta_Kuva_Vesa_Heikkinen.jpg

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
My best friend needs some positive vibes if there's any left.

His heart stopped working twice this week. No previous medical conditions and only 36.

He is now in a coma.

I'm beside myself :(
Update:
The positive vibes worked.
After flat lining twice, he is out of a coma :)
My best friend is out of ICU, talking and walking and everything!!!
Not sure about brain injuries yet, but he is alive :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->