Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
They are dedicated no doubt. I don't know the numbers but it seems like their attendance is still pretty decent despite being the laughingstock of all of professional sports.

I remember hearing that every home game is technically sold out due to ticket sales, but I have no idea as far as actual attendance. So basically loyal fans and companies essentially support them financially through ticket sales but do not actually go to the game because well it was going to end up in a L anyways.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
OT right.

Just want to vent.

I hated working with Marines. I was a Navy man. They are a different bread. Even the airdales (aviation side).

Physical training or PT was the worst. They like pain it seemed. One Gunny gave me shin splints I still have two decades later. I remember running from our training facility to the beach once. Once there we all stopped and gathered around. I thought we were done. Staff Sergeant looks at us and says, "see that lighthouse?" WAY up the coast was a lighthouse barely visible. "That's where we're running to." Yeah right. Not gonna happen. I was an E-6 also, although I was his student. I looked at him and said, "Have fun with that one." No way was my fat a×s doing that. I'm buoyant. I'm a sailor.

Even DURING war I had troubles with Marines. I was an E-5 in charge of night shift for the fighter jet Radar shop. A sergeant was under my command. He didn't like that a sailor of the same rank was over him. At all. I was a fat lazy bastard to him. Knowledge, communication skills, management style, technical expertise, none of that mattered. I was fat and therefore an idiot. I saw it many times with Marines. If you are not in top physical shape, you are looked down on. It makes sense to me though. If you don't meet a requirement, it should be looked down on. But, the Navy standards were much looser than the Marines and I met physical requirements barely. Anyway, this Sergeant tried to provoke a fight at every turn. We got through it during 6 months in the Gulf with no liberty for 159 days. Set the record for time at sea with no port. I broke my hand with what the doc called a boxers fracture. The stress builds over time without a release. I don't know how that Sergeant and I never fought. Probably fear of getting in trouble. I fought an ex-marine kinda recently. I lost. He broke my pelvic bone. Lol. Had to sit on a pillow on the coach for a few months. I thought I had him. Had him in a headlock and was bashing away. My hand was a bloody pulp. We're friends. But I'm Navy and he's a devil dog. He thinks he's hard, driving a Harley, tatoos, going to jail, etc. Nicest guy in the world BTW. But, still with the Marine attitude. Had to go toe to toe. Still great friends. Eff Marines. Once a barracks of marines put picnic tables in front of the doors to a barracks for a squadron of sailors. The sailors came out, I was on watch and supposed to be patrolling the area, and caught the Marines red handed. I remember a sailor punching a marine in the face. The marine didn't move an inch. The sailor punched him again. The marine got bigger puffing his chest and moved closer to the sailor. But, again did nothing. The sailor ran off. Later I asked him why he didn't fight back, he said, "because I didn't have orders to." Typical Marine.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
OT right.

Just want to vent.

I hated working with Marines. I was a Navy man. They are a different bread. Even the airdales (aviation side).

Physical training or PT was the worst. They like pain it seemed. One Gunny gave me shin splints I still have two decades later. I remember running from our training facility to the beach once. Once there we all stopped and gathered around. I thought we were done. Staff Sergeant looks at us and says, "see that lighthouse?" WAY up the coast was a lighthouse barely visible. "That's where we're running to." Yeah right. Not gonna happen. I was an E-6 also, although I was his student. I looked at him and said, "Have fun with that one." No way was my fat a×s doing that. I'm buoyant. I'm a sailor.

Even DURING war I had troubles with Marines. I was an E-5 in charge of night shift for the fighter jet Radar shop. A sergeant was under my command. He didn't like that a sailor of the same rank was over him. At all. I was a fat lazy bastard to him. Knowledge, communication skills, management style, technical expertise, none of that mattered. I was fat and therefore an idiot. I saw it many times with Marines. If you are not in top physical shape, you are looked down on. It makes sense to me though. If you don't meet a requirement, it should be looked down on. But, the Navy standards were much looser than the Marines and I met physical requirements barely. Anyway, this Sergeant tried to provoke a fight at every turn. We got through it during 6 months in the Gulf with no liberty for 159 days. Set the record for time at sea with no port. I broke my hand with what the doc called a boxers fracture. The stress builds over time without a release. I don't know how that Sergeant and I never fought. Probably fear of getting in trouble. I fought an ex-marine kinda recently. I lost. He broke my pelvic bone. Lol. Had to sit on a pillow on the coach for a few months. I thought I had him. Had him in a headlock and was bashing away. My hand was a bloody pulp. We're friends. But I'm Navy and he's a devil dog. He thinks he's hard, driving a Harley, tatoos, going to jail, etc. Nicest guy in the world BTW. But, still with the Marine attitude. Had to go toe to toe. Still great friends. Eff Marines. Once a barracks of marines put picnic tables in front of the doors to a barracks for a squadron of sailors. The sailors came out, I was on watch and supposed to be patrolling the area, and caught the Marines red handed. I remember a sailor punching a marine in the face. The marine didn't move an inch. The sailor punched him again. The marine got bigger puffing his chest and moved closer to the sailor. But, again did nothing. The sailor ran off. Later I asked him why he didn't fight back, he said, "because I didn't have orders to." Typical Marine.

As a proud child of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children, I enjoyed your post. Yes many of us are a different breed, I was a grunt (0351). Once we got a new platoon sergeant, he just got back to the fleet from his B-Billet. First run I thought we were all gonna die, come to find out he came back from Quantico where he was on the Marine Corps marathon team in addition to being an instructor at OIS. He was a great Plt. Sgt. though, but I definitely got smaller from all that running. I have always been a bigger guy in my teen and adult life, so I caught hell all the time while I was in, but I always taped out. My unit was one of the first in the fleet to do the new CFT (Combat Fitness Test). So we had alot of visitors, I remember a visiting 1st Sgt. told me that I was fat, nasty and this CFT was gonna make me look like a soup sandwich. I excelled at it, got a near perfect score, then company gunny later told me to weigh in because my appearance looked out of standards. LOL, gotta love the Corps.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I managed to snag an Easton S19 tonight for 130 dollars. I have no idea if that's a good deal or not but I don't care it's my favorite stick I've ever used, and it's next to impossible to find the curve I've used all my life since Bauer discontinued PM9 and CCM P14 has become very rare, but this one had it.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I managed to snag an Easton S19 tonight for 130 dollars. I have no idea if that's a good deal or not but I don't care it's my favorite stick I've ever used, and it's next to impossible to find the curve I've used all my life since Bauer discontinued PM9 and CCM P14 has become very rare, but this one had it.
I still have two intact Easton Z-Bubbles (sitting about 10' behind me right now, actually) that feel like collector's items at this point.

Nostalgia for the win.

Reactions: KirkOut

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Those z-bubbles were so f***in janky. I used synergy’s back in those days and also had a stint using Nike sticks when the synergy’s proved to be rather costly and kept breaking. Once the SE-16 came out those were the days. Then the S19. Once Easton disappeared I switched to Bauer but have never really loved any of their sticks

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
this cardinals bullpen is up there with some of the worst ever constructed.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Ive seen better baserunning from actual cripples, no joke.

That just cost the cards a playoff spot for sure. hahaha same story 3 years in a row and Mo will still have a job. All made possible due to the 3 million sheep piling thru Busch every summer for mediocre ball.

Chief Steele

Jun 26, 2018

That just cost the cards a playoff spot for sure. hahaha same story 3 years in a row and Mo will still have a job. All made possible due to the 3 million sheep piling thru Busch every summer for mediocre ball.

I disagree.. the reason he will still have a job is that the Minor league system is always putting out MLB players. almost any time a player is called up they contribute to the team in a big way. Now he has made some mistakes with contracts but so have many GM's at some point. the issue is Cards fans ( and I use that loosely for these individuals) that are complaining about missing the playoffs for the last 3 yrs are spoiled.. there are teams that have not made the playoffs in over 5 yrs and yet still draw a fan base.. They are in contention almost every year till the end that is better than most teams.. At least you are not sitting through a tank for 3 to 4 years to rebuild the team like the Astros and Cubs did... so again relax enjoy the last 3 games and get ready for a fun year of Blues hockey..

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012

You would rather fans be all bandwagon? Only support the team during the good years? The Cards have had one of the better runs since the turn of the century. Most true fans don't turn on and off their fandom. Atleast that's how i feel.

Reactions: Chief Steele

Chief Steele

Jun 26, 2018
You would rather fans be all bandwagon? Only support the team during the good years? The Cards have had one of the better runs since the turn of the century. Most true fans don't turn on and off their fandom. Atleast that's how i feel.
word

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Being 25 I’m used to -largely- the Cardinals finding a way to win in big moments down the stretch throughout my life. Watching them shoot themselves in the dick these past couple seasons has been tough to watch.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Those z-bubbles were so ****in janky. I used synergy’s back in those days and also had a stint using Nike sticks when the synergy’s proved to be rather costly and kept breaking. Once the SE-16 came out those were the days. Then the S19. Once Easton disappeared I switched to Bauer but have never really loved any of their sticks

I freaking loved my SE16s, but they might have had the worst durability of all time. Went through two of them in like 10 months playing once or twice a week. Awesome performing sticks but total junk for holding up over time. I switched over to Bauer and have been much happier. I’m still rolling on the NXG line. Had a couple of 180s that lasted a year and a half each. Just snapped the last 180 and couldn’t find any more. But I managed to snag a 190 for 90 bucks. Can’t complain at all.

Speaking of curves I have multiple different curves. Use the PM9 for defense and for forward I roll with the P14. I’d use the 14 all the time but I’d prefer not to take my own teammates heads off from point shots.

Reactions: KirkOut

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I freaking loved my SE16s, but they might have had the worst durability of all time. Went through two of them in like 10 months playing once or twice a week. Awesome performing sticks but total junk for holding up over time. I switched over to Bauer and have been much happier. I’m still rolling on the NXG line. Had a couple of 180s that lasted a year and a half each. Just snapped the last 180 and couldn’t find any more. But I managed to snag a 190 for 90 bucks. Can’t complain at all.

Speaking of curves I have multiple different curves. Use the PM9 for defense and for forward I roll with the P14. I’d use the 14 all the time but I’d prefer not to take my own teammates heads off from point shots.
I like to toss mad backhand sauce all night so I really rely on the straight curve that the PM9/Zetterberg/Modano/Forsberg/whatever it was before that gave me. Hope one of the companies start making it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad