Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
wainwright should not sniff another start while in a cardinal uniform. if he wants to continue to shrink his career stats as a starter, let him do it in another uniform.

cards are lucky they have a day off because the entire rotation outside of wacha has been a joke with wainwright taking the cake. 3 runs on 1 hit in the 1st inning, get outta here waino.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
It's a long season. Gotta the love the scrappy effort today. Wong remains hot. Cards took the extra innings lead on a crotch shot off the ump, I'll take it.

My one big gripe is that the starting pitching so far looks pretty shaky. I would wager that the pitching rotation gets shaken up multiple times throughout the season.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
It's a long season. Gotta the love the scrappy effort today. Wong remains hot.

My one big gripe is that the starting pitching so far looks pretty shaky. I would wager that the pitching rotation gets shaken up multiple times throughout the season.
Wainwright to the bullpen as the "long man" aka Mop up duty b/c he stinks

Gant to the rotation

or DeWallet could stop being cheap and sign Keuchel and actually go for it instead of putting 1 foot in the water and 1 out.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
also i hope Martinez gets starts over Ozuna until he decides to actually perform like a big league player and not a Noodle armed K machine

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
You want Waino starting after this game? I absolutely love Waino and everything he did for the cards, he's toast though. I'd sign Keuchel for 2 years no problem, it's not my money though.
Signing a pitcher that hasn't gone through spring training and expecting a positive effect before, say, June, is silly. It's like we learned nothing from Holland. But to answer your question, no, I'm not ready to cut bait on a pitcher after one game, even if it wasn't a good game. For what it's worth, if I was Boston, I wouldn't bench Sale either. Nor would I take away Greinke's starting spot. Same with Darvish, Carrasco, Arrieta, or Nola, who had more walks than Waino.

But even if I was willing to pull Waino after one game, I would rather replace him with Reyes, Gant, Poncedeleon, or Gomber than rely on Keuchel.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Wainwright hasnt been relevant since 2014.

Dont compare him to Sale, Greinke, Arrietta etc.

Reactions: tfriede2

Veneficus

Sep 30, 2014
Signing a pitcher that hasn't gone through spring training and expecting a positive effect before, say, June, is silly. It's like we learned nothing from Holland. But to answer your question, no, I'm not ready to cut bait on a pitcher after one game, even if it wasn't a good game. For what it's worth, if I was Boston, I wouldn't bench Sale either. Nor would I take away Greinke's starting spot. Same with Darvish, Carrasco, Arrieta, or Nola, who had more walks than Waino.

But even if I was willing to pull Waino after one game, I would rather replace him with Reyes, Gant, Poncedeleon, or Gomber than rely on Keuchel.
I get what you're saying. Waino was pretty bad last year too though. His stuff isn't good enough and he can't locate anymore, that was never a problem in the past. I'm all for Reyes starting but that doesn't seem likely until later this year. I don't think we sign Keuchel, but I think he'd improve our rotation which could be the weakness for this team.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I get what you're saying. Waino was pretty bad last year too though. His stuff isn't good enough and he can't locate anymore, that was never a problem in the past. I'm all for Reyes starting but that doesn't seem likely until later this year. I don't think we sign Keuchel, but I think he'd improve our rotation which could be the weakness for this team.
He's not able to locate in this one start he had this year. He also had his highest strikeout rate ever last year. I'm willing to give him a few more games before pulling the plug, and like I said, I don't think Keuchel will be all that good until June, and it's not like Keuchel consistently sets the world on fire.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I wish there were a separate OT thread just for the Cards. I don’t care about any of this, but there might be stuff in the OT thread I am interested in otherwise.

Veneficus

Sep 30, 2014
He's not able to locate in this one start he had this year. He also had his highest strikeout rate ever last year. I'm willing to give him a few more games before pulling the plug, and like I said, I don't think Keuchel will be all that good until June, and it's not like Keuchel consistently sets the world on fire.
He pitched 40.1 major league innings last year and tied his 2nd highest k% of his career, he also had the highest bb% of his career. I don't think he was able to locate last year was more of my point, it's not a one start thing it's more of a trend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad