Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
You can get a cardiogram through the new Apple Watch series 4. Yeap. Gonna hate to see how that would look during overtime of a Blues playoffs game. My watch is gonna be popping up with all kinds of rapid heart rate notifications.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
You can get a cardiogram through the new Apple Watch series 4. Yeap. Gonna hate to see how that would look during overtime of a Blues playoffs game. My watch is gonna be popping up with all kinds of rapid heart rate notifications.
I’m going to have to look into this. I already get a ton of people who come in complaining their Fitbit said their heart rate was 100+ but they’re in a normal rhythm when they get to me. Would be nice if it records and is easily accessed.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
I’m going to have to look into this. I already get a ton of people who come in complaining their Fitbit said their heart rate was 100+ but they’re in a normal rhythm when they get to me. Would be nice if it records and is easily accessed.

According to the keynote, the results are suppose to be exportable to a pdf to be able to share with medical professionals. It has even been approved by the FDA. It will be interesting to see if insurance companies would cover it. LOL. It seems like a lot of the new watch features such as slip and fall detection like life alert as well as the heart rate that is supposed to detect AFIB better and alert you of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Note in MI

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
According to the keynote, the results are suppose to be exportable to a pdf to be able to share with medical professionals. It has even been approved by the FDA. It will be interesting to see if insurance companies would cover it. LOL. It seams like a lot of the new watch features such and slip and fall detection like life alert as well as the heart rate that is supposed to detect AFIB better and alert you of it.
Like x 1 million

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
My son broke his arm falling off the high bar last week. :facepalm:

My daughter didn't make the cheerleading squad as a freshmen, so I decided to teach her about explosiveness through plyometrics. I'm pretty sure I broke my hand because I was using a chair to demonstrate. :facepalm:

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I realize no one really cares, but I’m so excited about this I wanted to post:

My son is a high school senior. My first ever Blues game it was the 2 of us. (That was Kitchen’s last game as it turned out!) But we fell in love.

For his Spring Break we are going on a Blues road trip. I bought the tickets today. We’ve been planning this for a couple years and saved up. Tickets to San Jose, Ottawa and Pittsburgh. (Those Ottawa tickets are not expensive, go figure).

I’m stoked and really looking forward to this. I splurged and got seats on the glass for 2 of the games. This is hopefully going to be one of those memories he’ll hold onto forever, even long after I’m gone.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis

My son is a high school senior. My first ever Blues game it was the 2 of us. (That was Kitchen’s last game as it turned out!) But we fell in love.

For his Spring Break we are going on a Blues road trip. I bought the tickets today. We’ve been planning this for a couple years and saved up. Tickets to San Jose, Ottawa and Pittsburgh. (Those Ottawa tickets are not expensive, go figure).

I’m stoked and really looking forward to this. I splurged and got seats on the glass for 2 of the games. This is hopefully going to be one of those memories he’ll hold onto forever, even long after I’m gone.
That’s awesome! Hopefully they can win all of them to make it even more sweet.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018

Geez. I'm excited for you. Lucky son. Where's he going to college?

hey we won a cup
Feb 16, 2017
St. Louis

That’s actually really cool. My father and I were going to do something similar a few years back, but due to medical issues getting worse for him at the time we just couldn’t do it. So it makes me happy knowing people actually do these types of things. Guarantee that he’ll remember that trip forever.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015

I think that is great, I'm wanting to do this with my son when he becomes a teenager. I wanna do the western Canada tour with him. Hit up Calgary (if they are not the Houston Flames by then), Edmonton, Vancouver, and Seattle (My son is 8, so there will be a team there by time he is old enough).

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Nightengale reported that we offered a 2-player package that included Flaherty for Donaldson. Thank god Toronto passed, I would've been pissed.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Didn't that come out over the weekend?
Yeah. We definitely dodged a bullet, but I have no idea what Toronto was thinking. High ceiling pitching prospect for an older guy like Donaldson when you're not looking to compete in the near term. I don't know how you say no to that, but I'm thrilled they did. Our rotation in a couple of years could be outrageous.

Speaking of baseball, the Memphis Redbirds won another championship. That's absolutely insane with the talent they have lost this year. That team could've had Gomber, Gant, O'Neill, Flaherty, Hicks, Munoz, Bader, Wisdom, Poncedeleon, Hudson, Mayers etc. and they still won. Maybe not all of those guys, but many of them. What a stacked team. That's a AAAA level team if I've ever seen one.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Yeah. We definitely dodged a bullet, but I have no idea what Toronto was thinking. High ceiling pitching prospect for an older guy like Donaldson when you're not looking to compete in the near term. I don't know how you say no to that, but I'm thrilled they did. Our rotation in a couple of years could be outrageous.

Speaking of baseball, the Memphis Redbirds won another championship. That's absolutely insane with the talent they have lost this year. That team could've had Gomber, Gant, O'Neill, Flaherty, Hicks, Munoz, Bader, Wisdom, Poncedeleon, Hudson, Mayers etc. and they still won. Maybe not all of those guys, but many of them. What a stacked team. That's a AAAA level team if I've ever seen one.

Yeah Memphis' Manager should be one of the front runners for Blue Jays job. Besides the fact that Stubby is Canadian (Windsor, Ontario), he is just a good coach with a strong resume.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
My daughter didn't make the cheerleading squad as a freshmen, so I decided to teach her about explosiveness through plyometrics. I'm pretty sure I broke my hand because I was using a chair to demonstrate. :facepalm:

I was wrong. It's a MCP sprain.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Where do you guys buy jerseys online? Maybe I'm looking too soon, but I don't find anyone selling the alternate...or anyway what is a "break away" jersey. Seems like something different than the game jerseys.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Where do you guys buy jerseys online? Maybe I'm looking too soon, but I don't find anyone selling the alternate...or anyway what is a "break away" jersey. Seems like something different than the game jerseys.
If you’re talking about the new alternates I believe they’re only being sold at the arena store at this time.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Looks like I can’t order an authentic player jersey yet.

With the new 3rd jersey? No, probably wont be until mid October if I had to guess based off previous years. The breakaway jersey is the cheaper fanatic non-authentic version, different jersey material.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis

I'm a 36 year old man willing to be adopted if I can go!

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
I'm not an NFL fan, just haven't been (so no political reasons) but I was genuinely happy for the Browns last night. I give their fans alot of credit, If Blues only played 16 games a year and similar results I don't know if I could endure that agony.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I'm not an NFL fan, just haven't been (so no political reasons) but I was genuinely happy for the Browns last night. I give their fans alot of credit, If Blues only played 16 games a year and similar results I don't know if I could endure that agony.
They are dedicated no doubt. I don't know the numbers but it seems like their attendance is still pretty decent despite being the laughingstock of all of professional sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad