Blues Discussion Thread 2018-2019 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Am in the minority in not wanting ROR as our #1PK fwd for the sake of just saving his legs through a long grueling season?

for me. the PK units should be Barbashev-Sundqvist, ROR-Maroon/sosh/whoever/bozak

give the longer harder PK minutes to kids trying to stay on the team who will be willing to sell out and block a shot etc....

then playoffs you can load up ROR, though with jaskin and thomas etc... i have a feeling sundqvist will be sent down
I agree that ROR, Schwartz, Schenn, and other top Blues' forwards shouldn't be tired out during the regular season by too much work on The PK. That time should be spread out among a wide range of forwards to leave The Blues' main contributors fresh for the playoff seeding run and, most importantly, the playoffs. Steen and a lot of the younger forwards should contribute heavily to lesson the Top 6ers roles on The PK.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
It was a tire fire right from the get go. To be fair, I didn't realize Gardiner scored 52pts. That aside though.... their overeating of Johnsson is rediculous. 23yr old PPG AHL is not a blue chip trade piece

When Gardiner is on the ice, it looks like his team has 4 forwards and 1 defenseman, so his numbers shouldn't surprise anybody.

Reactions: BangarangxRufio

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
When Gardiner is on the ice, it looks like his team has 4 forwards and 1 defenseman, so his numbers shouldn't surprise anybody.
Agreed. He may as well play LW. His defense is atrocious. I watched every game of the Toronto series. He was a complete and total liability.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
It was a tire fire right from the get go. To be fair, I didn't realize Gardiner scored 52pts. That aside though.... their overeating of Johnsson is rediculous. 23yr old PPG AHL is not a blue chip trade piece

You also need to realize that Gardiner is a UFA after this season. So a UFA and a career AHL player......

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
You also need to realize that Gardiner is a UFA after this season. So a UFA and a career AHL player......
Yes, I'm aware of what. At no point would I consider it. Gardiner has always been a bad player listening to HF. I was just surprised he scored as much as he did. It was just another asinine attempt to put Parayko in Toronto

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Yes, I'm aware of what. At no point would I consider it. Gardiner has always been a bad player listening to HF. I was just surprised he scored as much as he did. It was just another asinine attempt to put Parayko in Toronto
But yet Parayko is an overrated piece of shit that hides behind Pietrangelo so.....Gardiner and Johnsson are a massive overpayment.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
“Parayko would be the perfect missing piece for our team! Here’s a bunch of stuff that doesn’t help the Blues or hurt our team at all.”

“Parayko isn’t available for anything short of a massive overpayment.”

“Well fine! He sucks anyways! He’s sheltered and a bum! We’ll be fine with our inferior defenseman!”

-Every Parayko thread, forever, as long as we will all live.

McSwaingles28

Jul 6, 2018
St. Louis
But yet Parayko is an overrated piece of **** that hides behind Pietrangelo so.....Gardiner and Johnsson are a massive overpayment.
You need to watch more hockey bud. Parayko is a unique talent that solidifies our top 4 D much more than. We have an abundance of left hand D.

I have watched Toronto play a lot and I don’t think Gardiner is a bad player. I would say he has, at this point in time, maybe more of an offensive upside than Parayko but about the same skating ability and a lesser two way game.

Gardiner may have had 52 points but 47 were assists, he’s 28 years old with one year left on his contract. Parayko is signed to a reasonable contract that has multiple years left.

In the playoffs I believe Parayko is a far more valuable player than Gardiner. You need to be able to play a strong two way game while picking up those key 2nd D pairing minutes. I don’t think Gardiner is an overpayment for Parayko and frankly I wouldn’t make the trade for a lot of reasons.

If it’s just a move to free up cap space for future contracts and a cap hit this season I still don’t agree with the move.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
You need to watch more hockey bud. Parayko is a unique talent that solidifies our top 4 D much more than. We have an abundance of left hand D.

I have watched Toronto play a lot and I don’t think Gardiner is a bad player. I would say he has, at this point in time, maybe more of an offensive upside than Parayko but about the same skating ability and a lesser two way game.

Gardiner may have had 52 points but 47 were assists, he’s 28 years old with one year left on his contract. Parayko is signed to a reasonable contract that has multiple years left.

In the playoffs I believe Parayko is a far more valuable player than Gardiner. You need to be able to play a strong two way game while picking up those key 2nd D pairing minutes. I don’t think Gardiner is an overpayment for Parayko and frankly I wouldn’t make the trade for a lot of reasons.

If it’s just a move to free up cap space for future contracts and a cap hit this season I still don’t agree with the move.

He was being sarcastic.

Reactions: RoarBacon

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011

He was being sarcastic given all the drama on the trade boards over the years.

Reactions: RoarBacon

Mar 6, 2012
Ice Breaker

I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, but it sounds like we're officially getting a 3rd jersey.

Is that news?

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003

I never said you did. I was merely pointing out yet another reason for not making the trade. Toronto fans really like to ignore that little issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad