LeBrun: Blues could move Jaden Schwartz

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
He's actually been reliably healthy this season and the last 2 seasons.
what? he missed 15 games with a day-to-day injury, that's over 25% of this season missed. he's a great player, but injury prone for sure

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
If Schwartz is dealt he will get a bigger return that Taylor hall.

the blues might not be sellers though. These two games against Minnesota will basically decide the fate of the season.

Reactions: Blueston

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
what? he missed 15 games with a day-to-day injury, that's over 25% of this season missed. he's a great player, but injury prone for sure
My bad. I was thinking about long term injuries that would have lingering affects on his game. Completely overlooked the games he missed this season.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Schwartz, ROR, Tank, they have lots of top/best players.

I really doubt that even if they get swept by Minny, that Schwartz is going anywhere.

Army will jettison Bozak and Hoff for sure.

I'd have ROR over Schwartz pretty easily. More productive, more important position, better defensively.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
If it's temporary then why risk it be permanent by selling off players that played good roles while you were successful? You'd have to be pretty confident you can replace them later
Hoffman: never coming back. Trade him.
Dunn: contract negotiations apparently went poorly, he's going one way or another. Probably replaceable this summer; at the very least, we'll find someone who's got a better defensive game and we see if Perunovich is what some people think he is.
Bozak: he's 35, as people have noted he's had his best days. Would like to have him back on a (much) cheaper deal, if he doesn't come back we can live with it.

Schwartz is UFA. If by trading him now it risked him not coming back, I'd say you have a point. I don't think that's the case, but that could change. If you're a seller and you've got an impending UFA who instantly checks boxes for a lot of teams that think they have a shot at a Cup and is quite arguably the highest-valued piece if he hits the market and you're pretty damn certain he'll come back in the offseason, why wouldn't you trade him now and get pieces for down the road?

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Most teams acquiring rentals are trying to win the cup. Having a rental whos having a really disappointing year is kind of a recipe for a terrible return if you ask me
This is why most every year, some "underachieving" player who's got a prior track record of success - especially in the playoffs - gets traded for a pretty expected (to those paying attention) return, and most of this place is in shock that someone would give that much.

If by injury prone you mean "missed time hitting a rut in the ice in practice and landing awkwardly" and "missed time getting hit with a shot" then yes - he's injury prone. So is Ekblad after his fall the other night. So is about a third of the league.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Wait he's the Blues top player? Wouldn't ROR clearly be the better hockey player?
Ror and Schwartz are two very different players. You would know that if ypu actually watched the blues play. It's obvious ypu don't and you just want to be what you are being. Lol

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
This is why most every year, some "underachieving" player who's got a prior track record of success - especially in the playoffs - gets traded for a pretty expected (to those paying attention) return, and most of this place is in shock that someone would give that much.

If by injury prone you mean "missed time hitting a rut in the ice in practice and landing awkwardly" and "missed time getting hit with a shot" then yes - he's injury prone. So is Ekblad after his fall the other night. So is about a third of the league.[/Qawful.
Ted I know we don't see eye to eye, don't worry about these posters they know not what they speak of lol. I'm with you Schwartz will not be traded unless it's a knock your socks off all in offer.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
It's funny there are actually no reports that Schwartz is on the trading block. Just pure speculation by lebrun. Let's be honest when's the last time lebrun broke a story. He just throws sheet on a wall to see if it sticks.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Because Kerfoot sucks and doesn't bring anything to the table that the Blues couldn't already provide internally.
Thomas is by far the better center. He may be having a slump year but the kid is having a slump. So many times I see this kid driving the play dangling through 2 3 guys just for no one to be open too. Also broke his thumb tried playing through it before going on ir. Robert thomas is 21 and had 42pts in 60 games last year. Where kerfoot had 28 pts in 65 games. Obviously thomas is the better center and the better player. Kerfoot is not a need for blues.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Why not deal w TO for a Kerfoot ?

keeps them in the hunt still w a good player
Is he a 4th line center at $3.5m cap hit? Is he better than ROR, Schenn, and Thomas? He doesn't crack our top 9 probably so 4th line is what is available and that is only because Sunny is out with an ACL for the year. Even if he was good, there isn't a need here especially when balanced with the loss of Schwartz. Just doesn't seem to be a deal here.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Ror and Schwartz are two very different players. You would know that if ypu actually watched the blues play. It's obvious ypu don't and you just want to be what you are being. Lol

So maybe enlighten me on how Schwartz is a better hockey player than ROR instead of evading the question. You should be the authority right? What am I being?

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
It's funny there are actually no reports that Schwartz is on the trading block. Just pure speculation by lebrun. Let's be honest when's the last time lebrun broke a story. He just throws sheet on a wall to see if it sticks.

Wasn't he the one who broke the literal most recent NHL trade? His is the tweet that HF has on the first post of the Connelly cap dump. He has broken other stuff too. He is considered fairly reliable. Everything he says may not come to pass, but that is the nature of the game. All he said here is that Armstrong is willing to listen to offers. Not that he is going to trade Schwartz. To quote the article "...might be willing to move him, but only for a significant return." I'd be surprised if he wasn't willing to at least listen to offers.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
So maybe enlighten me on how Schwartz is a better hockey player than ROR instead of evading the question. You should be the authority right?
Schwartz drives the play, he is tenacious on the puck, he is faster and is the better forechecker. Schwartz is a beast and unless ypu actually watch him play ypu wouldnt understand. Schwartz is one of the best players on the team. Every blues fan will acknowledge that. He scored 4 goals in one game against sharks to get us to the cup. He is a stud.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Why not deal w TO for a Kerfoot ?

keeps them in the hunt still w a good player
Even if we want to go under the assumption that Kerfoot could do what he did in Colorado in St. Louis and be a decent middle 6 scoring option, we still aren't looking to lock ourselves into his contract. We'll need cap space for guys like Thomas, Kyrou, and potentially Dunn/Schwartz if we look to keep them, and the following summer with Perron and Parayko. Kerfoot doesn't fill a big enough need to justify losing that flexibility.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad