LeBrun: Blues could move Jaden Schwartz

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
So what is his realistic impact. Not the HF trade forum sell job, but no BS what would a team getting him be expecting?

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
So what is his realistic impact. Not the HF trade forum sell job, but no BS what would a team getting him be expecting?
Guy who's been on a Cup run and been a key contributor to it. Defensively responsible, offensively more than capable. Can be streaky. Knows how to utilize his teammates. Not afraid to go into the corners, but not the guy you're going to park in front of the net. Even if you've got depth and you say well, he'd just be on our 3rd line that's the kind of depth you want for the postseason. Even in a buyer's market, teams will trade pieces to get a lot less hoping they get more out of their acquisition. If he's really available, IMO he's probably the biggest prize out there.

Chance I think he gets moved: 15%.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Plug Schartz into the right line and you're looking at elite line minutes. Defensively strong, tough, durable, and able to put up points with the best of them. Playoff warrior with Stanley Cup Pedigree who actually contributed heavily to the Cup win. Got the tools and his head in the right place. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if your team has forward needs, he can be that missing piece.

If the Blues move him it's for a necessity. The team needs BIG, strong, defensive-minded players who can slot in with the likes of Krug and Faulk so they can play their game better. The team can also use a sparkplug sort of player who can ignite a line of talent and convert the effort into points.

Reactions: hmc1987 and BlueMed

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Would love him on the Oilers...just don’t know if it could work with cap and what the Blues would want.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I really like the idea of Schwartz next to McDavid.

Schwartz - McDavid - Puljujarvi
Nuge - Draisaitl - Yamamoto

What kind of return could he get?

Reactions: Ragdoll

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Wow, it'd be weird to see the Blues as sellers

If they do, they're taking a step down to take two steps up. Lost too much when Pie, JayBo, Ed and Steen left. We're missing some of those skillsets and experience now. Injuries have made the problem look much worse, especially with Tarasenko's THIRD surgery and he's struggling to get back to form. Parayko is fresh off injury and he's also struggling a bit. Lots of heart but the bodies are taking more time to heal, if they fully do...

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I'd love him on the Leafs. Would make that top 6 filthy. Good playoff performer as well. Schwartz over Hall easily. Plz get this done Dubas.

Reactions: Petrus

Tvillewr419

May 17, 2019
Complete character guy, I don’t want to see him go unless there is a high probability this is just a handshake deal to bring him back in the off season. Return wud need to be good as this team is finally healthy and cud easily still make playoffs.

been a down year for JS, but I’ll give him a pass, it’s been a bad year with his father passing away unexpectedly right before camp, as someone who went thru that last year, no way it hasn’t impacted him

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
I really like the idea of Schwartz next to McDavid.

Schwartz - McDavid - Puljujarvi
Nuge - Draisaitl - Yamamoto

What kind of return could he get?

He’s the #1 winger target I’ve wanted for McDavid for a few years now.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Jaden Schwartz is the best winger for a playoff team available right now imo, at least of the names that have been out there. Guy who can easily slot in either of the top 6 lines and most importantly, has scored a ton of big goals in the playoffs. His impact can resemble that of TJ Oshie. Not a star but one of those guys you love to have. Won the cup. Perfect fit for teams like the Leafs and Oilers.

Has had a tough season though, as far as i understand.

Reactions: Blueston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad