LeBrun: Blues could move Jaden Schwartz

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
How about a 2nd?

I don't think anyone gives more than that. He doesn't have the track record.
00XGXjt.gif

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Would St Louis be interested in a Zucker for Schwartz swap or is it futures they want?

Neither. But sir you look like a discerning gentleman so you're going to want to get in on this Mike Hoffman action before someone else gets him. If you act now... I can use a preferred customer code and get you a low, low price of a 2nd round pick. What do you think? Should I get started on the paperwork?

Buzzman17

Apr 13, 2017
The problem with the speculation that sparked this is people left out the most important piece that LeBrun put at the end. So, sure maybe a trade happens if Army knows we are too far apart in negotiations and some team is willing to overpay, or maybe someone overpays and we still bring him back, like what has happened in the past for many other players. Hoffman should bring a good enough pick to help rebuild the prospect pool, so it's not like we'll be desperate to add another 1st or 2nd on top of that. I'd even say that Dunn is more likely to be moved than Schwartz.
The same Hoffman no team wanted when he was UFA will bring back a good pick? I think a 3rd would be highest

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
The same Hoffman no team wanted when he was UFA will bring back a good pick? I think a 3rd would be highest

um no. The reports were that he turned down offers....not that he didn’t get any. From what I remember reading is he wanted St. Louis and held out to sign until tarasenko and steen went on LTIR. I don’t call this season a failure for Hoffman as much as it’s a failure on berube for not knowing how to use a shooter in his lineup.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Would St Louis be interested in a Zucker for Schwartz swap or is it futures they want?
Futures if we're trading in the next few days. Zucker would have to be protected in the expansion draft, and St. Louis can pretty much settle on their 7 forwards right now without him.

After the next few days, if we haven't traded him? Very likely we'll re-sign Schwartz after the expansion draft.

Agreed, but I can see someone agreeing to conditions that take it higher with 3rd as the base.

Reactions: 67Blues

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Futures if we're trading in the next few days. Zucker would have to be protected in the expansion draft, and St. Louis can pretty much settle on their 7 forwards right now without him.

After the next few days, if we haven't traded him? Very likely we'll re-sign Schwartz after the expansion draft.

Makes sense. Just curious.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
What would he realistically cost. Hard to believe Army wouldn't just re-sign him

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Umm so they would move out Jaden and in another rumour to add Hall? Man that’s ridiculously all over the place

Reactions: Colt55

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I'm not talking about this year, I'm talking about the last 3 seasons and comparing him to Vrana

As for the contract how would you know what's really going on? It's speculation at it's best.

As for the last point, a big bunch of players went back to the team they were traded from. Tkatchuk, Vermette, Pleks, Moulson, etc.. but that was probably sarcasm

I'm not a Caps fan, but Vrana is a good return for an UFA.
Varna is good value but not sure he’s a fit in STL.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Its obvious that I don't watch the Blues because I think ROR is a better player than Schwartz? I wouldn't think that's a super controversial stance to take . I said Schwartz may return a 1st but if he does the plus on top wouldn't be a blue chip prospect ( top 2 or 3 in an decent prospect pool). And that if he did return a true high end prospect that it would be the base ( main aspect) of the deal rather than a 1st .
This all seems spot on.

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
Hmm, Brady Tkachuk only has a career high of 45 points, maybe you’ll take a 2nd for him?

He’ll be 22 before next season starts too

I'm not Pierre Dorian, but I don't think he'd accept:

- Tkachuk's put up 0.62 PPG while Thomas has put up .51 ppg.
- Tkachuk is gritty and physical and a pain to play against.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad