LeBrun: Blues could move Jaden Schwartz

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Wasn't he the one who broke the literal most recent NHL trade? His is the tweet that HF has on the first post of the Connelly cap dump. He has broken other stuff too. He is considered fairly reliable. Everything he says may not come to pass, but that is the nature of the game. All he said here is that Armstrong is willing to listen to offers. Not that he is going to trade Schwartz. To quote the article "...might be willing to move him, but only for a significant return." I'd be surprised if he wasn't willing to at least listen to offers.
My point is most of what gets said never comes to fruition. Lebrun speculates. Then people take it as fact.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
So maybe enlighten me on how Schwartz is a better hockey player than ROR instead of evading the question. You should be the authority right? What am I being?
Here is the deal its obvious you don't know anything about Schwartz besides his stats and current off year. So you got venmo. Let's make a wager. You are so sure he won't bring in a haul if traded and I don't think he will be traded. So let's figure out a bet.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Schwartz drives the play, he is tenacious on the puck, he is faster and is the better forechecker. Schwartz is a beast and unless ypu actually watch him play ypu wouldnt understand. Schwartz is one of the best players on the team. Every blues fan will acknowledge that. He scored 4 goals in one game against sharks to get us to the cup. He is a stud.

Problem is you didn't say one of the best. You said the best; unequivocally without any sort of qualification. You are now trying to wiggle out of it. ROR doesn't drive play? Isn't a stud in the playoffs? Not tenacious? You think that's an opinion held by many Blues fans? Who watch the team ?

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Problem is you didn't say one of the best. You said the best; unequivocally without any sort of qualification. You are now trying to wiggle out of it. ROR doesn't drive play? Isn't a stud in the playoffs? Not tenacious? You think that's an opinion held by many Blues fans? Who watch the team ?
Look say what you want. The blues don't have a legit best player on the team like sid the kid or ovchkin. It's obvious you ate just trolling. Imo he is top 2 or 3. Feel free to troll or put your money where your mouth is.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Here is the deal its obvious you don't know anything about Schwartz besides his stats and current off year. So you got venmo. Let's make a wager. You are so sure he won't bring in a haul if traded and I don't think he will be traded. So let's figure out a bet.

Its obvious that I don't watch the Blues because I think ROR is a better player than Schwartz? I wouldn't think that's a super controversial stance to take . I said Schwartz may return a 1st but if he does the plus on top wouldn't be a blue chip prospect ( top 2 or 3 in an decent prospect pool). And that if he did return a true high end prospect that it would be the base ( main aspect) of the deal rather than a 1st .

Reactions: Blueston

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
My point is most of what gets said never comes to fruition. Lebrun speculates. Then people take it as fact.

No, this was not LeBrun speculating. He never said Schwartz would be traded. He said other GMs have told him Armstrong is listening. That is not LeBrun speculating on anything. That is reporting what other GMs told him. If Schwartz does not end up being traded, it is not because LeBrun was speculating. It is because Armstrong may not have been seriously listening or didn't hear what he wanted. Either way, it doesn't change the fact that a GM told LeBrun that Armstrong is listening on offers for Schwartz.

Reactions: Blueston

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Its obvious that I don't watch the Blues because I think ROR is a better player than Schwartz? I wouldn't think that's a super controversial stance to take . I said Schwartz may return a 1st but if he does the plus on top wouldn't be a blue chip prospect ( top 2 or 3 in an decent prospect pool). And that if he did return a true high end prospect that it would be the base ( main aspect) of the deal rather than a 1st .
That dude has had anger issues, he was a delight in the playoffs against the nucks last season. Not sure how you are doing anything trolling related, unless asking a legit question than getting shit on and still being cordial is trolling? Yikes.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
No, this was not LeBrun speculating. He never said Schwartz would be traded. He said other GMs have told him Armstrong is listening. That is not LeBrun speculating on anything. That is reporting what other GMs told him. If Schwartz does not end up being traded, it is not because LeBrun was speculating. It is because Armstrong may not have been seriously listening or didn't hear what he wanted. Either way, it doesn't change the fact that a GM told LeBrun that Armstrong is listening on offers for Schwartz.
You just speculated on lebruns speculation lol

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The problem with the speculation that sparked this is people left out the most important piece that LeBrun put at the end. So, sure maybe a trade happens if Army knows we are too far apart in negotiations and some team is willing to overpay, or maybe someone overpays and we still bring him back, like what has happened in the past for many other players. Hoffman should bring a good enough pick to help rebuild the prospect pool, so it's not like we'll be desperate to add another 1st or 2nd on top of that. I'd even say that Dunn is more likely to be moved than Schwartz.

This smells to me of the Blues not really wanting to move Schwartz but being in a position where they will listen in case someone overpays.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
You keep saying that word. I don't think it means what you think it means. Hard to argue with someone who doesn't even understand what words mean.
the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

So yes I think I grasp the term

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

So yes I think I grasp the term

Cutting and pasting a definition looked up on the internet is not understanding. I gave you his quote directly from an article. That is evidence. So I had evidence. LeBrun states a GM told him this. That too is evidence. He also had firm evidence. Clearly you don't grasp the term. I have read enough of your posts that I should have known that. Its my bad for taking you seriously for a minute.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Cutting and pasting a definition looked up on the internet is not understanding. I gave you his quote directly from an article. That is evidence. So I had evidence. LeBrun states a GM told him this. That too is evidence. He also had firm evidence. Clearly you don't grasp the term. I have read enough of your posts that I should have known that. Its my bad for taking you seriously for a minute.
Did he say that's where he got his info. You are assuming that's what is said. Am I correct

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Hoffman scratched for tonight's game against the Wild. This would be a strong indication that he'll be traded and Schwartz will still be here after the TDL.

So if you had visions of Schwartz bolstering your teams top 6 you might want to start contemplating a more realistic target like say.... Mike Hoffman.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Hoffman scratched for tonight's game against the Wild. This would be a strong indication that he'll be traded and Schwartz will still be here after the TDL.

So if you had visions of Schwartz bolstering your teams top 6 you might want to start contemplating a more realistic target like say.... Mike Hoffman.
NO! Don't you understand that according to some here, the Blues are still showcasing Schwartz to stoke up his trade value. Otherwise, Army would be sitting the often injured Schwartz to preserve his health for the playoffs. Geesh.

Jan 21, 2018
NO! Don't you understand that according to some here, the Blues are still showcasing Schwartz to stoke up his trade value. Otherwise, Army would be sitting the often injured Schwartz to preserve his health for the playoffs. Geesh.

Why are you so upset that some people don't share the same opinion as you? Geesh.

Jan 21, 2018
Sarcasm isn't your strong point evidently. :sarcasm:

Actually, I'm pointing out the fact that you resorted to using sarcasm to mock people that don't share your opinion.

Was it that ridiculous for people to think that the Blues are showcasing Schwartz? Imagine if people replied with sarcasm every time you said something they disagreed with.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Actually, I'm pointing out the fact that you resorted to using sarcasm to mock people that don't share your opinion.

Was it that ridiculous for people to think that the Blues are showcasing Schwartz? Imagine if people replied with sarcasm every time you said something they disagreed with.
People never use sarcasm on the Internet.

Reactions: 67Blues and TK 421

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

I mean, you don't really showcase players with the experience that Schwartz has. NHL organizations have the scouting report on him.

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013

Agreed. . Being accused of being a troll cuz you say ROR is a better player than Schwartz is beyond weird. . I suspect 90% of hfers would agree with you

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
Wow, Robert Thomas fell off a cliff after being heavily hyped. 1 goal in 20 games this season?

Thomas for a 3rd round pick?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad