Blues cancel practice after multiple Positive COVID-19 tests.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Blues players will have herd immunity by the time season starts and be the only team left standing by the end of it. Smart move.

Reactions: JMCx4

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
When you've been told your entire life how great you are, rules and common sense don't apply.
A hundred billion times this. It’s all about their entitlement. Same with all the other f***ing brain surgeons out there crowding beaches and parks. They think their desires for “normal” take precedence over taking this thing seriously and caring about your fellow man.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I guarantee back in April when they started to formulate the RTP plan, they envisioned the virus being completely gone by this point, not GETTING worse.

We're testing 4-5 times as many people a day compared to April. It's not getting worse, we're just getting more aware of the cases.

... With that being said, yeah, I don't think they were expecting 50K cases a day. I doubt the season gets finished at this point.

Reactions: LetsGoBLUES91

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
The more I think about it I really just hope the Canes romp us in 3 boring low stakes games with no hitting or shot blocking that is more like pond hockey and we can get the hell out of dodge ASAP and then we can have the lotto for that 1st pick rigged for us.

Whatever happens, the NHL can not pause again after the initial restart. If there is a .001% chance that an outbreak can derail the whole thing then they need to quit while they're ahead.

The ole “everyone stay in your homes until 2023” mentality. Classic.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Not a single athlete is actually ill from this virus yet. Maybe one in hundreds spanning all sports?

These guys are fine. I love some of the posters here seeing that a few St. Louis blues players tested positive and the response is to 'SHUT IT DOWN' like these players are now on the death beds and are about to spread it to everyone else in the league.

In a week's time they will be rid of the virus and won't catch it again anyway. There is no real threat here. And believe me, I was the person spending all day reading up on the various online forums that we know back in January following this outbreak in China where it seemed quite bad. It's clear this has been overblown to the max at this point.

Until I see an actual athlete sick from this virus, I will continue to wonder just how brainwashed some of you posters on here are.

European soccer is doing wonderfully since their re-opening. Why not look to them for a shining beacon of hope in your demented, frail, cowardly minds? If numerous soccer leagues can go on without a hitch, despise having some positive cases (again, these positive cases presented in asymptomatic athletes) ... why do you recommend the NHL 'SHUT IT DOWN' instead of following rigorous protocols to ensure the best chance at success?

I'm beginning to wonder if some of you even like hockey to begin with.

I have been saying this here for months. Thank you.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
People act like players are the only ones at risk of getting infected here. Most head coaches are at least 40, some in their 60s. Assistants vary a bit more. Equipment/miscellaneous staff. God knows how many service staff. TV network associates/broadcasting crews, reporters. Maybe GMs, eventually family whenever they get to see them. It’s way more than just the athletes.

wouldn’t it be great if all of those coaches could go to some magical land where they get tested 4 times per week (unlike most of the world and their own personal lives) and have excellent medical care while all of the people around you were taken care of in the same way?

We could call it “the bubble”.

Reactions: bl02

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
No... No it doesnt. Sports is not above the rest of the world. Sorry... You're wrong.
Most of these players are going to get covid by next year anyway. The nhl season trying to resume isnt why these players are getting infected. Its because they are being idiots going to bars which bars are less safe than if the nhl season resumed.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
How is there NOT gonna be a breakout in the bubble? It’s just laughable that people think that’s possible. Even in the bubble they will still come into contact with hotel staff, at the very least, and staff to feed them. They will try to isolate but it’s still not gonna be a full isolation, because that’s not possible.

Not to mention, all these teams and personnel are gonna have to travel to the hub and what are the chances that 100% of them aren’t going to be carrying the bug at the time of travel? Very very slim. At least one person is gonna have it undetected, and then it will spread in the hub.
Yes but all those staff that they are being exposed too are in a city where there are currently very few cases. They are less likely to be infected by the few people they meet in edmonton than they are in places like vegas and florida.

And the majority of these infections that are reported so far are from players going to bars and other unsafe activities that give them the highest risk of exposure and they wouldnt be allowed under the bubble.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
How do you know? Odds are against it, but it's potentially lethal virus.
And why are the chances of death greater if the season resumes than if they dont call off the season.

People are acting like the players practicing and trying to resume the season are why players are testing positive. No they are getting infected because almost all of them are going to bars. Under the playoff bubble, they will be restricted from doing that. They will be safer under the bubble than being left free to their own stupidity.

I dont get the paranoia about restarting the season like its going to cause a pandemic soar of a new 50,000 cases in the world.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
How are people computing in their brains that having a bubble with extreme restrictions and precautions is worse than having grocery stores open the entire pandemic so far.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
If a player is asymptomatic, that doesn't mean damage isn't being done to the respiratory system. It's quite possible that months down the road, that person could end up feeling the after effects of having the virus.
Thats ridiculous. There are all kinds of viruses that have asymptomatic cases. They dont work that way.

Not everyone who gets viruses has after effects but people are freaking out over a few reports.
Think about this logically, who do you think is mire likely to have permanent lung damage, the guy who has no symptoms or the guy that got pneumonia, had trouble breathing, and had to have a tube shoved down his throat and be ventilated to breath.

Its the ventilators and pneumonia caused by the virus that cause the permanent lung damage, not the virus magically causing damage. The symptoms are the cause of the aftereffects.

A person who gets an embolism or blood clot from the virus may have permanent vascular damage. Asymptomatic people- will be fine.

This anything can happen crap is silly.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Thats ridiculous. There are all kinds of viruses that have asymptomatic cases. They dont work that way.

Not everyone who gets viruses has after effects but people are freaking out over a few reports.
Think about this logically, who do you think is mire likely to have permanent lung damage, the guy who has no symptoms or the guy that got pneumonia, had trouble breathing, and had to have a tube shoved down his throat and be ventilated to breath.

You're twisting my words. If you're thinking that I'm insinuating that an asymptomatic person has a higher chance at long lasting effects, you're dead wrong. Asymptomatic people just means people aren't feeling the symptoms. It does NOT mean harm isn't being done.

Its the ventilators and pneumonia caused by the virus that cause the permanent lung damage, not the virus magically causing damage. The symptoms are the cause of the aftereffects.

A person who gets an embolism or blood clot from the virus may have permanent vascular damage. Asymptomatic people- will be fine.

This anything can happen crap is silly.

Even If You’re Asymptomatic, the Coronavirus Can Do Damage

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Report: St. Louis Blues cancel practices due to 'multiple' positive COVID-19 tests - TSN.ca

Now I know that multiple NHL players, local/national media (used to be one myself), team/league front office types read this forum with regularity.

I’m just going to say this..

This is just the beginning.

Don’t bet on the present in this pandemic. Look to the future. It’s not worth it to start the season now.

What does what happens now before the system and plan are executed have to do with what may happen if players can be disciplined enough to do as they are told and expected going forward?

I hope the NHL personnel reading this website do not take your advice.

Covid cases in hub cities when the plan is executed is a very different matter. Reacting before that is very sky-is-falling.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
I apologize if it’s already been mentioned or discussed. But have ALL the details come out in regards to the bubble? Like about the staff at the hotels and restaurants that are included in the NHL bubble. Will the people that work at the places that the NHL guys can go too also stay in the bubble? Like stay at the hotels the players and staff are, and committing to this like they are? Or are they allowed to go home and see their family who are out and about in the real world which will effectively ruin the entire bubble concept?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
These threads calling for the NHL to cancel I find quite interesting. Do you not think the NHL is talking to infectious disease experts, and local authorities coming up with the safest way to restart? If they get the ok from those experts, and the players want to play, let them play.

But nah. I read this article, or saw this interview. I'm the expert now. Shut it all down forever.

They can talk to them as much as they want, but what happens if the playoffs start and suddenly the Bruins get infected and all of Bergeron, McAvoy, Pasta, Marchand and Cassidy are out? Do they say too bad so sad and make them keep playing, making these playoff results a joke? Shut down the playoffs again for 3+ weeks while everyone gets better?

I strongly doubt we have games

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
That is a strong guarantee... did anyone think the virus would be gone by this point? I think not....

Well maybe not completely gone but well on it's way out.

The President had that phone conference with all the commissioners that had fans in NFL stadiums for Week 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad