Blues cancel practice after multiple Positive COVID-19 tests.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Last edited:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I dont think we'll have hockey this year.

Yes they will.

The NHL season isn't going to be cancelled because players are catching COVID-19 before going to the hub cities. It's just not. The only way hockey doesn't happen this year is if there's a COVID-19 breakout in the bubble after players have reported to the hub cities.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Yes they will.

The NHL season isn't going to be cancelled because players are catching COVID-19 before going to the hub cities. It's just not. The only way hockey doesn't happen this year is if there's a COVID-19 breakout in the bubble after players have reported to the hub cities.

You mean like the blues just did?

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Yes they will.

I dont see it happening. We're still three weeks away from entering the hub cities and people are popping positive while the U.S gets worse and worse.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
You mean like the blues just did?

Damn, I didn't know the Blues were in Edmonton already. They're in the hub city a few weeks early though, but I didn't know they were there already.

I know they're not in Edmonton right now. The NHL isn't going to cancel the season because players are getting COVID before they arrive at the hub cities

I dont see it happening. We're still three weeks away from entering the hub cities and people are popping positive while the U.S gets worse and worse.

Again, I'll say the same thing I just said. Players getting Coronavirus before getting to the hub cities will do nothing to shut down hockey. There is too much money riding on this for the NHL to shut it down before they can even attempt to keep the bubble clean. It's just not going to happen, the NHL is not going to cancel the season before they attempt a comeback.

I don't think anything happening now matters, all that matters is what happens in Toronto and Edmonton in 3 weeks.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Damn, I didn't know the Blues were in Edmonton already. They're in the hub city a few weeks early though, but I didn't know they were there already.

I know they're not in Edmonton right now. The NHL isn't going to cancel the season because players are getting COVID before they arrive at the hub cities

Again, I'll say the same thing I just said. Players getting Coronavirus before getting to the hub cities will do nothing to shut down hockey. There is too much money riding on this for the NHL to shut it down before they can even attempt to keep the bubble clean. It's just not going to happen, the NHL is not going to cancel the season before they attempt a comeback.
Again, I'll say the same thing I just said.
Money doesnt matter when theres a Pandemic. If things are out of control, it will not happen. Canada is not going to allow people in the country that have covid just because theyre millionaires.

Reactions: Eisen and klozge

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
The NHL needs to look at Vince McMahon. Vince never shut down because of this pandemic. He just kept going, putting on multiple shows every week despite what everyone said.

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Yes they will.

All it takes is one person

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Yes they will.

Phase 3 sounds like it will be no more than 2 weeks. All it will take is for a player on a team in their respective team's city during training camp to test positive to wipe out that player from training entirely. Forget Phase 4, if there is a breakout amongst teams during Phase 3, it'll make things difficult to continue as planned.

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
Yes they will.

What happens if the NBA or MLB season gets scrapped?

What happens if an NHL players gets severely hospitalized?

What happens if a team can't practise for an extended period of time?

The what ifs man...

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
The NHL needs to look at Vince McMahon. Vince never shut down because of this pandemic. He just kept going, putting on multiple shows every week despite what everyone said.

Except Vince wasnt testing his wrestlers until one got sick and went to get an independent test and once that was positive, they started testing and had over 30 cases.

Reactions: mel

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Except Vince wasnt testing his wrestlers until one got sick and went to get an independent test and once that was positive, they started testing and had over 30 cases.
Yeah, but the show just kept going. Plus that shows you that most people don't get that bad symptoms from covid. Most hockey players would probably be able to play through it just like they do with regular flu every year in the playoffs. Just take care of the worst cases and bring in some AHL guys to fill out the roster if you need to. Problem solved! :)

Reactions: LetsGoBLUES91

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Yeah, but the show just kept going. Plus that shows you that most people don't get that bad symptoms from covid. Most hockey players would probably be able to play through it just like they do with regular flu every year in the playoffs. Just take care of the worst cases and bring in some AHL guys to fill out the roster if you need to. Problem solved! :)

There’s still guys comparing the virus to the flu. No wonder why cases are so high.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I still think the playoffs are necessary but they have to be done quick

we have to start somewhere obviously there were going to be cases

Reactions: LetsGoBLUES91

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC

"Most" is not good enough. 99.9% of the guys who get it could be asymptomatic enough to the point they could play a full 60 minute game with no limitations, but if ONE player gets seriously sick, that is one player too many.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
"Most" is not good enough. 99.9% of the guys who get it could be asymptomatic enough to the point they could play a full 60 minute game with no limitations, but if ONE player gets seriously sick, that is one player too many.
With this kind of mindset we'll never be able to make anything happen. This is really the perfect time for that old saying: You can't make an omelette without cracking some eggs!

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I still think the playoffs are necessary but they have to be done quick

we have to start somewhere obviously there were going to be cases

The more I think about it I really just hope the Canes romp us in 3 boring low stakes games with no hitting or shot blocking that is more like pond hockey and we can get the hell out of dodge ASAP and then we can have the lotto for that 1st pick rigged for us.

Whatever happens, the NHL can not pause again after the initial restart. If there is a .001% chance that an outbreak can derail the whole thing then they need to quit while they're ahead.

Reactions: Cotton McKnight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->