Blues cancel practice after multiple Positive COVID-19 tests.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
You’re going to say with a straight face that if lets say In the third round all of Tarasenko, Binnington, Petro, Parayko, O’Rielly are out with Covid for the entire round that you’d be fine with losing and consider it fair?

Haha no, that'd be unfortunate and I would be awfully upset, but while I would feel kinda ripped off about how the Blues lost in that situation, I wouldn't hold it against the opposing team who won, nor would I say that diminished the value of their victory.

That would suck though to lose your entire core in the conference finals or something though.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
All it takes is one rink staff to touch the wrong railing while infected, and it’s all over.
Its been out for at least a month now that studies say they dont think the virus is spread much at all by surfaces.

Early reports thought it might because the virus was still detectable on surfaces but just because it was still present doesnt mean its still fully capable of infecting.
The coronavirus 'does not spread easily' from touching surfaces or objects, CDC says | Live Science

If a person is getting infected from someone it wilo be from airborne close contact

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
I never said anything about this virus being like the common cold, I only said that this virus is not the Black Plague, yes its more infectious then the flu, im only saying stop making sound like this virus kills anyone who gets infected its not the case, the vast majority of people infected recovers, covid IS deadlier then the flu yes, again the vast majority of infections are mild. And I wear my mask every time i go out, I wash my hands, and I social distance, but im not scared shitless of covid, Im doing all that to protect other people around me.

You're making it seem as if people are claiming it's like another Black Plague. Nobody said that this is virus is a death sentence much like you never said it was the common cold.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Haha no, that'd be unfortunate and I would be awfully upset, but while I would feel kinda ripped off about how the Blues lost in that situation, I wouldn't hold it against the opposing team who won, nor would I say that diminished the value of their victory.

That would suck though to lose your entire core in the conference finals or something though.

It wouldn’t just suck, it would entirely diminish the series and add a giant asterisk to whoever wins

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
All the major sports leagues need to simply cancel the season already, how insecure are we as fans that we can’t live without professional sports for a year? Shut it down entirely and reassess the situation Jan 2021. It’s inevitable that more players will test positive throughout this supposed return.

It’s not like the players or owners are hurting either, they’re multi millionaires.

Also think about the eventual champion, no fans cheering on when they lift the Stanley Cup/Larry O’Brien?? How cringe and lame would that be, no victory parades either (well at least in Canada) gauging by how the US has managed this I wouldn’t doubt if they full out encourage a huge parade smh.

I don’t know why we’re all playing this silly fingers crossed game, it’s a little too naive for my liking.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
All the major sports leagues need to simply cancel the season already, how insecure are we as fans that we can’t live without professional sports for a year? Shut it down entirely and reassess the situation Jan 2021. It’s inevitable that more players will test positive throughout this supposed return.

It’s not like the players or owners are hurting either, they’re multi millionaires.

Also think about the eventual champion, no fans cheering on when they lift the Stanley Cup/Larry O’Brien?? How cringe and lame would that be, no victory parades either (well at least in Canada) gauging by how the US has managed this I wouldn’t doubt if they full out encourage a huge parade smh.

I don’t know why we’re all playing this silly fingers crossed game, it’s a little too naive for my liking.

Me thinks this has nothing to do with us as fans. This about a contractual obligation that two parties Are trying to find some resolution to. Irreconcilable Differences - Wikipedia

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018

Me thinks this has nothing to do with us as fans. This about a contractual obligation that two parties Are trying to find some resolution to.

Reactions: LetsGoBLUES91

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
I don’t understand why every team isn’t travelling to the hub cities ASAP. Get these players out of that mess of a country.

Exactly, another mind boggling +50,262 new cases in the US today, a complete and utter disaster. They should already be in Edmonton and Toronto.

I hope the Canadian government rescinds
the offer to have the hub cities here, then again majority of the players are Canadians anyways and have the right to come back here either way.

Reactions: MessierII

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
St Louis Blues eh?

The current Stanley Cup champions trying to prolong their reign? Not a bad idea actually.

Congrats Blues fans btw. Still the champs!

I'm joking around. I'd love to watch some hockey and hope it happens and they (NHL) have a very tight plan in place for it, and it's not a farce.

Blues are just getting this out of the way now to gain immunity so that when the playoffs do start they’ll be able to ice their full rosters while other teams lose players to positive tests...

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
No one has really answered my question though. What happens IF a player(S) gets infected? Do they shut down the league again for another 3-4 weeks while they recover, forcing everyone to stay in their bubble another month?

Or do they keep playing making these playoffs a joke?

They keep playing. And I don’t see how that effects the validity of the hockey games being played.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Exactly, another mind boggling +50,262 new cases in the US today, a complete and utter disaster. They should already be in Edmonton and Toronto.

I hope the Canadian government rescinds
the offer to have the hub cities here, then again majority of the players are Canadians anyways and have the right to come back here either way.

And around 200 deaths in a country of 330 million people and still declining. This whole thing sucks and every death matters but chill out. I worry about you guys.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
You’re going to say with a straight face that if lets say In the third round all of Tarasenko, Binnington, Petro, Parayko, O’Rielly are out with Covid for the entire round that you’d be fine with losing and consider it fair?

Yes. Just like if they all were playing injured. Did you see San Jose in the WCF last year? Did that not count?

it would suck, but it’s better than no hockey.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Yes. Just like if they all were playing injured. Did you see San Jose in the WCF last year? Did that not count?

it would suck, but it’s better than no hockey.

Difference is they got injured while playing hockey. That’s just part of the game. Missing a bunch of your core players due to a virus like the NHL hasn’t seen in 100 years is not part of the game.

Pretending like that wouldn’t have an obvious and ridiculous effect on the outcome is plain bull.

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?

Yes lets just all stay home with our masks on. we are so brave.

Reactions: mikedeej97

neXis

Jan 3, 2016
Stanford Doc: COVID Fatality Rate For People Under 45 Is "Almost 0%"

Stanford Doc: COVID Fatality Rate For People Under 45 Is "Almost 0%"

Zero Hedge is a right wing conspiracy theory blog site. Great source there. Why not link to Infowars while you're at it.

The article I linked to mentioned nothing of the person in question dying, but lung damage caused by the virus, which seems to be a common effect once someone recovers from the virus. Also, if you look up death stats from ages 17-45 just in the U.S and Canada, you will see that both countries it's not at "almost 0%."

Corana-truthers need to try harder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad