Blues cancel practice after multiple Positive COVID-19 tests.

dennis90

Aug 30, 2019
All the major sports leagues need to simply cancel the season already, how insecure are we as fans that we can’t live without professional sports for a year? Shut it down entirely and reassess the situation Jan 2021. It’s inevitable that more players will test positive throughout this supposed return.

It’s not like the players or owners are hurting either, they’re multi millionaires.

Also think about the eventual champion, no fans cheering on when they lift the Stanley Cup/Larry O’Brien?? How cringe and lame would that be, no victory parades either (well at least in Canada) gauging by how the US has managed this I wouldn’t doubt if they full out encourage a huge parade smh.

I don’t know why we’re all playing this silly fingers crossed game, it’s a little too naive for my liking.
then they need to cancel next season as well..... Covid19 is not going anywhere soon

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Zero Hedge is a right wing conspiracy theory blog site. Great source there. Why not link to Infowars while you're at it.

The article I linked to mentioned nothing of the person in question dying, but lung damage caused by the virus, which seems to be a common effect once someone recovers from the virus. Also, if you look up death stats from ages 17-45 just in the U.S and Canada, you will see that both countries it's not at "almost 0%."

Corana-truthers need to try harder.

ZH linked to an article. Take off the blinders

Reactions: Ulysses31

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
He said 200 deaths...and declining. He’s talking about deaths per day.

Reported deaths is very different than actual deaths. We know the death rate, so if there is a massive influx of cases, actual deaths are rising as well, even if they aren't reported.

Quick chart showing year over year for some US states/cities

Google Image Result for https://static01.nyt.com/images/2020/04/28/us/coronavirus-death-toll-total-promo-1588123095036/coronavirus-death-toll-total-promo-1588123095036-superJumbo-v3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: wetcoast

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Its been out for at least a month now that studies say they dont think the virus is spread much at all by surfaces.

Early reports thought it might because the virus was still detectable on surfaces but just because it was still present doesnt mean its still fully capable of infecting.
The coronavirus 'does not spread easily' from touching surfaces or objects, CDC says | Live Science

If a person is getting infected from someone it wilo be from airborne close contact

Solid post.

The idea of 'bench to bedside' aka to learn things in the lab and then to apply it to real life, has been forgotten with the Pandemic. In the rush to spread news and fear 'uhoh it stays alive for 7 months at the perfect ideal temperature and humidity on a specific type of surface in a lab in a vaccum that doesn't occur in the real world, we're absolutely f***ED'.....oh wait....it's still alive on these surfaces but doesn't seem to infect, let's rehash the story about it living months a few more times so ppl take it seriously.

OH NO PPL WHO WERE INFECTED LOSE ANTI-BODIES IN ONLY 2 MONTHS SO NO IMMUNITY HAHAHAHA NOW WE'RE REALLY f***ED I CAN'T WAIT oh wait there are T-Cells that live years and years with specific memory that are pretty much undetectable unless a special expensive test is done to find them, and these guys will produce anti-bodies on demand if reinfected, so these T-Cell are the REAL immunity, but let's keep discussing lack of anti-bodies present in infected ppl, or how they disappear by 2-3 months so ppl take this seriously (NORMAL IMMUNE REACTION JFC).

Then we wonder why skeptical religious nuts ignore all things the government and scientists says. This is why we can't ever have nice things.

Reactions: Ace Card Bedard

Svane

Jul 5, 2020
Also, if you look up death stats from ages 17-45 just in the U.S and Canada, you will see that both countries it's not at "almost 0%."
Awful logic considering the ones with a fatal corona are vastly overpresented in the statistics. It has been estimated by CDC that there are ten times more infections than confirmed cases in the US.

Most of these players wouldnt even know they had it unless the league was testing them.

Reactions: romba

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
It wouldn’t just suck, it would entirely diminish the series and add a giant asterisk to whoever wins
Would it really? In 2003 the Blues led the Canucks 3-1 and then had half the team come down with the flu. We lost 4-3. In reality is that any different than a bunch of players getting sick during these playoffs? Keep in mind, I a, just talking about getting sick enough to miss games, not about people dying, so don’t make it into a big drama.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
He's saying that it will only get cancelled if an outbreak happens in Canada. The NBA is using the stance of "the show must go on". So if a player pops positive, its the team that suffers and the games go on. We'll see what the NHL does.

The NHL isnt running the show though, the 2 provincialnhealth authorities are and as populist as Ford is in Ontario he has done a good job delegating his decisions to the health authority and I doubt that changes.

The NHL needs to quarantine its players right now and get a handle on things if they want to proceed.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
He said 200 deaths...and declining. He’s talking about deaths per day.

I think that is what he was saying BUT in the same breath the US has not had 200 or lower deaths since March 23.... So he is making up numbers, yesterdays number was 379.... and that is going down but people need to stop using made up numbers to try to strengthen their points

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
And around 200 deaths in a country of 330 million people and still declining. This whole thing sucks and every death matters but chill out. I worry about you guys.

Wait 2 weeks when the death rates go up as we already know about the lag factor.

I really wonder how so many people can be so ignorant sometimes.

That ignorance has literally cost 10s of thousands of American lives.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Would it really? In 2003 the Blues led the Canucks 3-1 and then had half the team come down with the flu. We lost 4-3. In reality is that any different than a bunch of players getting sick during these playoffs? Keep in mind, I a, just talking about getting sick enough to miss games, not about people dying, so don’t make it into a big drama.

Did half the team also miss games all the remaining games due to the flu?

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Wait 2 weeks when the death rates go up as we already know about the lag factor.

I really wonder how so many people can be so ignorant sometimes.

That ignorance has literally cost 10s of thousands of American lives.
why wait 2 weeks? cases have been steadily going up since mid-June and the deaths haven't been rising

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
It's not just the death toll. There's also survivors with apparently permanent detrimental effects, e.g. on lung functions. Furthermore, a lot of survivors experience relatively long-lasted weakness and associated effects.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Reported deaths is very different than actual deaths. We know the death rate, so if there is a massive influx of cases, actual deaths are rising as well, even if they aren't reported.

Quick chart showing year over year for some US states/cities

Google Image Result for https://static01.nyt.com/images/2020/04/28/us/coronavirus-death-toll-total-promo-1588123095036/coronavirus-death-toll-total-promo-1588123095036-superJumbo-v3.jpg
The death rate varies significantly based on age and susceptible factors. The death rate for the 20-39 age group is significantly less than the 60-80 age group, for instance. It appears that the 20-39 age group is largely responsible for the huge increase in cases, as they are either ignorant or don’t care about their actions, or otherwise. Nonetheless, I do expect the death rate to increase by quite a bit in the coming weeks.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Considering the width and depth of the crisis at hand, yes it is crazy. I guess there are more dumb people than I thought possible.
perhaps this is a good distraction from the constant bombardment of news on the same thing every day?

just because you think it's crazy, doesn't mean everyone feels the same way as you

pretty rich calling people dumb on a hockey message board for talking about hockey

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Yes they will.

The NHL season isn't going to be cancelled because players are catching COVID-19 before going to the hub cities. It's just not. The only way hockey doesn't happen this year is if there's a COVID-19 breakout in the bubble after players have reported to the hub cities.

and you do know thats like 100% gonna happen

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
It's amazing how addicted some people are to watching a sport. Nevermind the risks involved , they need to get their dose.
I think it would be fun if they actually pull it off. I'm not so hysterical that I think they should be barred from trying it. You do know they are doing it in a tightly controlled bubble right?

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
It was smart of the Sharks to opt out of this season like they did.

THf43x69SHinKyWlhmVO-w

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->