Proposal: Blues Blow up it Up

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
He's not wrong. No one is trading Matthews with his potential and age for Pietrangelo at his age.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TML1990

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I almost made a new account before suggesting it.
So, what are non-Philly fans missing?

Edit: Just looked up his tweet. Don't know if that's funny or pathetic. It's one thing for pro athletes to call tweet at fans that tweet at them, which is silly, but to tweet about a user from a message board is even sillier.

Reactions: Insulin

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
I'd move Nylander for Petro even though he's a UFA after next year. Petro is great but he's 30 and he's not signed for that long. We just saw what 1 year of Karlsson returned, if the Blues were to blow it up I don't know if many teams could top an offer of Nylander considering the lack of term left on AP. That would allow them to let go of Gardiner in the offseason.

This year:

Rielly-Pietrangelo
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Hainsey

Next year:

Rielly-Pietrangelo
Dermott-Zaitsev
Sandin/Oz-Liljegren

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'd move Nylander for Petro even though he's a UFA after next year. Petro is great but he's 30 and he's not signed for that long. We just saw what 1 year of Karlsson returned, if the Blues were to blow it up I don't know if many teams could top an offer of Nylander considering the lack of term left on AP. That would allow them to let go of Gardiner in the offseason.

This year:

Rielly-Pietrangelo
Dermott-Hainsey
Oz-Zaitsev

Next year:

Rielly-Pietrangelo
Dermott-Zaitsev
Sandin/Oz-Liljegren

Petro is 28, 29 in about 2 months, he's not 30.

Insulin

Jan 23, 2013
Atlantic City
So, what are non-Philly fans missing?

Edit: Just looked up his tweet. Don't know if that's funny or pathetic. It's one thing for pro athletes to call tweet at fans that tweet at them, which is silly, but to tweet about a user from a message board is even sillier.

In the past year Voracek has responded to some criticism from certain posters on the Flyers board via his Twitter. If you know Voracek, it's pretty hilarious.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis

I get the mathews for petro is funny. I think its more of we are not giving up our best players for hopes and dreams (futures,Holdouts) Just like your not giving up your best players for our Aging and young stud defenseman. You had to know that people wouldnt take Kindly to your proposal.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
I get the mathews for petro is funny. I think its more of we are not giving up our best players for hopes and dreams (futures,Holdouts) Just like your not giving up your best players for our Aging and young stud defenseman. You had to know that people wouldnt take Kindly to your proposal.
AP is literally a free agent in less than 2 years...you don't hold the same position of leverage in terms of a deal that you did 2-3 years ago. The Blues are trending down, and AP is a UFA when he's 30. You could be naive like the Isles were and just insist that he's staying or you could be proactive and realize he might not want to stick around for a rebuild if the Blues can't get their shit together.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
AP is literally a free agent in less than 2 years...you don't hold the same position of leverage in terms of a deal that you did 2-3 years ago. The Blues are trending down, and AP is a UFA when he's 30. You could be naive like the Isles were and just insist that he's staying or you could be proactive and realize he might not want to stick around for a rebuild if the Blues can't get their **** together.
Stamkos stayed, Doughty stayed. Petro has more reason to stay in STL than he does to go to a team in free agency. He married a STL girl just had triplets, is the captain, Loves STL and has been apart of the same core for a long time. The team we have is good. I have a feeling your going to see a very different team in the next few weeks.

I think its historical that all you fans come up with naratives to try and scare blues fans into being alright with giving up their stud players for futures and crap. LOL good luck with that. oh and if they do trade petro your talking a lot comming back way more then you proposed. The average good player brings A 1ST an a prospect and player. An elite player will bring back a ton more. Chew on that thought. Better off just trying to get him in UFA.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Stamkos stayed, Doughty stayed. Petro has more reason to stay in STL than he does to go to a team in free agency. He married a STL girl just had triplets, is the captain, Loves STL and has been apart of the same core for a long time. The team we have is good. I have a feeling your going to see a very different team in the next few weeks.

I think its historical that all you fans come up with naratives to try and scare blues fans into being alright with giving up their stud players for futures and crap. LOL good luck with that. oh and if they do trade petro your talking a lot comming back way more then you proposed. The average good player brings A 1ST an a prospect and player. An elite player will bring back a ton more. Chew on that thought. Better off just trying to get him in UFA.

hysterical, not historical*

Also, calm down. Especially in light of today’s press conference, we cannot totally rule out the possibility of a trade. Doesn’t mean we’ll accept anything but it’s not out of the range of possibility that he gets moved.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
hysterical, not historical*

Also, calm down. Especially in light of today’s press conference, we cannot totally rule out the possibility of a trade. Doesn’t mean we’ll accept anything but it’s not out of the range of possibility that he gets moved.
Auto correct and me don't get along. I'm sure anything is possible. I just don't think these low ball offers are going to cut it.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016

Stamkos stayed because he's reached the SCF and a few ECF's with the Bolts and they are still a cup contender. Doughty signed with the Kings and he's won 2 cups there. Those are 2 very different circumstances.

Stop being a homer lol your team is literally dead last in the league and you missed the playoffs last year, you're team is dog shit

Tavares was the captain too, shit happens, people make career choices best for them. Maybe Petro wants to move back home when he's a UFA like Tavares? Who knows.

What did Karlsson bring back? And he's a tier above Petro. The only difference is that Petro has the rest of this year along with next year before free agency as opposed to just one year in Karlsson's case. And Nylander is definitely not futures or crap. Nylander would be a better return than what the Sens got for Karlsson.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Stamkos stayed because he's reached the SCF and a few ECF's with the Bolts and they are still a cup contender. Doughty signed with the Kings and he's won 2 cups there. Those are 2 very different circumstances.

Stop being a homer lol your team is literally dead last in the league and you missed the playoffs last year, you're team is dog ****

Tavares was the captain too, **** happens, people make career choices best for them. Maybe Petro wants to move back home when he's a UFA like Tavares? Who knows.

We are not literally dead last in the league...

The team is not dog ****, we just have a clear amount of players underperforming to their typical standard. Even with a crappy Allen, we should be better than we are if our higher-end players were playing to their abilities and we had a coaching staff that was worth a damn.

Dog **** was the Blues in 05/06.

Reactions: Irish Blues

BAM

Nov 21, 2016

The team is not dog ****, we just have a clear amount of players underperforming to their typical standard. Even with a crappy Allen, we should be better than we are if our higher-end players were playing to their abilities and we had a coaching staff that was worth a damn.

You didn't make the playoffs last year, and this year you're pretty much in the basement. You got shutout at home by the worst team in the league. If this coaching change doesn't work you guys can stop with the roster excuses. I know it's hard to admit the roster you cheer for is actually the problem.

Dec 15, 2002

This is true. Yes, the current incarnation of the 'Note is not playing well, and yes it's currently next-to-last in the league standings having been blanked by the last-place team, but by any objective measure it's significantly better than the '05-06 version which had such legendary players as Petr Cajanek, Jay McClement, Christian Backman, Eric Weinrich [the old guy version, not the 90s Canadiens really good defenseman version], Kevin Dallman, Mike Glumac, Jeff Hoggan, Matt Walker, Steve Poapst, Patrick Lalime [the truly awful version], Curtis Sanford.

And Jesse Boulerice after the deadline, for good measure.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

Stop being a homer lol your team is literally dead last in the league and you missed the playoffs last year, you're team is dog ****

Tavares was the captain too, **** happens, people make career choices best for them. Maybe Petro wants to move back home when he's a UFA like Tavares? Who knows.

What did Karlsson bring back? And he's a tier above Petro. The only difference is that Petro has the rest of this year along with next year before free agency as opposed to just one year in Karlsson's case. And Nylander is definitely not futures or crap. Nylander would be a better return than what the Sens got for Karlsson.

You fail to add what the reason behind Karlsson being traded was. Those are 2 very different circumstances. Stop being a homer your team is literally at the cap. Maybe Petro wants to stay here with his wife and triplets? Who knows.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
You fail to add what the reason behind Karlsson being traded was. Those are 2 very different circumstances. Stop being a homer your team is literally at the cap. Maybe Petro wants to stay here with his wife and triplets? Who knows.
If you read my first post you'd know that I said I would be open to moving Nylander and his years of control for the year and change left on Petro's deal. If that happened, the Leafs wouldn't keep Gardiner which means we have no cap issues with Nylander + Gardiner out and AP in.

Good thing is you guys don't get to decide what the best move for the Blues is. Y'all have your coaching change now, if the results don't change then the Leafs among other teams will be circling that roster come the TDL.

Cotton

May 13, 2013

Stamkos stayed because the Leafs were bad, he pretty much admitted to Tavares he would of signed had they been in a better spot. I do believe AP will Doan out his career in St.Louis, but you'd have to admit they would be smart to get a haul for him if possible - if they are infact going to "blow it up".

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
If you read my first post you'd know that I said I would be open to moving Nylander and his years of control for the year and change left on Petro's deal. If that happened, the Leafs wouldn't keep Gardiner which means we have no cap issues with Nylander + Gardiner out and AP in.

Good thing is you guys don't get to decide what the best move for the Blues is. Y'all have your coaching change now, if the results don't change then the Leafs among other teams will be circling that roster come the TDL.

Well you're right I didn't read it. However Gardiner is not a great defensemen and we do not need forwards. Our defense outside of the last 4 games has essentially been shambles. Adding another offensive defenseman to our left side when we have Dunn might be one of the dumbest things that could be done. If A.P. wishes to go home I wish him the best. That being said, Nylander nor Gardiner are pieces that would make this team much better especially at the cap hit that Nylander is sure to expect when we have forwards on the roster who are producing well and forwards in the minors who are highly viewed. You're right we do have our coaching change thankfully. That does not mean that the guys who are under performing (Pietrangelo, Schwartz, the rest of our defense outside of Parayko will perform.) However if we want to be competitive they need these guys to produce to their standards instead of shipping them away for other pieces in which an interim coach needs to figure out how to assemble.

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017

The problem is that nylander isn’t worth the money he is asking. His years of control are worthless if he will not play. You sign him to under 5.5 per year for the next 5 and you can have parayko for him. If he wants 5.6 or more then no thanks.

Oh and for the guy who says he is smarter than me....I have a MSEE from UMR. What do you have?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad