Proposal: Blues Blow up it Up

Insulin

Jan 23, 2013
Atlantic City
Flyers kind of in a similar situation as the Blues, have a core that hasn't taken the next step together. Lots of Flyers fans want to pin that on our head coach, but Hextall has not shown anything that leads me to believe he will make a coaching change. Next best thing would be to shuffle up the core a little bit. I saw Armstrong say that the Blues core has run out of their equity, and in this threads Blues fans don't want any futures for their core players. Gives the Flyers a sniper/goalscorer that they lack. Blues get a top line player in return for theirs.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Flyers kind of in a similar situation as the Blues, have a core that hasn't taken the next step together. Lots of Flyers fans want to pin that on our head coach, but Hextall has not shown anything that leads me to believe he will make a coaching change. Next best thing would be to shuffle up the core a little bit. I saw Armstrong say that the Blues core has run out of their equity, and in this threads Blues fans don't want any futures for their core players. Gives the Flyers a sniper/goalscorer that they lack. Blues get a top line player in return for theirs.

The issue is Tarasenko is really our only pure goal scorer. Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't Voracek more of a pass first player?

Reactions: Insulin

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Letang has been way better than Pietrangelo this year and both are elite #1 defenseman. So everything I said was 100% serious.
Letang is not elite. But yeah one year makes letang better? Petro is top 5 in the league letang is not top 20. That's all there is to it.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Letang has been way better than Pietrangelo this year and both are elite #1 defenseman. So everything I said was 100% serious.

Don't take that guy too seriously. You're right, that trade doesn't make much sense.

If anything, maybe a Schwartz/Guentzel deal could have some legs or something on a much smaller scale.

Reactions: TheGoldenGod

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Seriously no thanks. You keep your ginger we will keep our Russian Besides Jakub is 3 years older and not tied up as long as tank is. Really Really Bad offer

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Don't take that guy too seriously. You're right, that trade doesn't make much sense.

If anything, maybe a Schwartz/Guentzel deal could have some legs or something on a much smaller scale.

I'm glad I read this post before I saw his post saying Pietrangelo was top-5 in the NHL and Letang wasn't top-20 :laugh:

I love Pietrangelo, he's one of my favorite non-Penguins in all of hockey, but him and Letang are more or less equally talented players. On the Schwartz/Guentzel deal, I think the cap would prevent that deal from happening. It's why I'm confused to see Guentzel's name thrown around right now, he's still on his ELC and the Penguins are right up against the cap. How do they even have the ability to make a trade with him as the centerpiece?

Just throwing something out that works with the cap, but a Guentzel for Schwartz swap would have to look something like Schwartz and Dunn for Hornqvist and Guentzel. I'm not sure how the value on that is, but the idea would be Schwartz and a young NHLer on a cheap deal for Hornqvist and Guentzel.

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
Nylander & Liljigren for Pietrangelo?

High Risk, High Reward for Both Sides, just based off of potential alone.

Rielly - Pietrangelo
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Dermott - Hainsey

If you really want petro it’s going to be Matthews. Nylander isn’t even in the conversation to get a 1rd.

This hold out of his is doing nothing but dropping his trade value. If he signs for less than or equal to parayko money then I can see a possible deal there but no way on earth is he tradable at his reported asking price.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
If you really want petro it’s going to be Matthews. Nylander isn’t even in the conversation to get a 1rd.

This hold out of his is doing nothing but dropping his trade value. If he signs for less than or equal to parayko money then I can see a possible deal there but no way on earth is he tradable at his reported asking price.

We have to stop saying this as Blues fans. Petro is a year away from being a 30 year old free agent.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'm glad I read this post before I saw his post saying Pietrangelo was top-5 in the NHL and Letang wasn't top-20 :laugh:

I love Pietrangelo, he's one of my favorite non-Penguins in all of hockey, but him and Letang are more or less equally talented players. On the Schwartz/Guentzel deal, I think the cap would prevent that deal from happening. It's why I'm confused to see Guentzel's name thrown around right now, he's still on his ELC and the Penguins are right up against the cap. How do they even have the ability to make a trade with him as the centerpiece?

Just throwing something out that works with the cap, but a Guentzel for Schwartz swap would have to look something like Schwartz and Dunn for Hornqvist and Guentzel. I'm not sure how the value on that is, but the idea would be Schwartz and a young NHLer on a cheap deal for Hornqvist and Guentzel.

Yep. Letang and Petro are in that group after the top tier of true Norris contenders. Letang is playing to his typical level this year, but Petro is not. Petro is slightly younger though. Really doesn't make sense as a trade.

Ah, true about the salaries. Dunn/Guentzel probably makes the most sense if there is something there. Hard to make moves with 2 cap teams.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
That would be an euphemism.

That was in no way a knock on Voracek. It was more or less stylistically we have pretty much all pass first guys and Tarasenko as the lone shooter, although this year he seems to be pass first aswell. I just don't see any realistic wheels to Tarasenko being dealt though that goes with ROR as well. They are not the problem this year. The rest of the core outside of Parayko hasn't been producing up to what they should be.

Insulin

Jan 23, 2013
Atlantic City
The issue is Tarasenko is really our only pure goal scorer. Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't Voracek more of a pass first player?

Yes, Voracek is definitely more of a playmaker. The style doesn't fit, but Voracek is really the only player the Flyers have who is the same caliber of player.

Seriously no thanks. You keep your ginger we will keep our Russian Besides Jakub is 3 years older and not tied up as long as tank is. Really Really Bad offer

Voracek is actually tied up one year longer than Tarasenko. I get the hesitance to make a swap for a player who is 29, Flyers fans are very happy we listened to all the people on here who told us what a decline Claude Giroux was on once he hit 29 last year.

Reactions: BleedBlue14

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016

Funny

Reactions: TML1990

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Where did I say that?
I am asking. Let me rephrase it. Who do you value more Petro Or letang. I would base my value on ceiling, overall performance (last 3 years last 5 years ect) I understand you think letang is a good defender but in your opinion whom would you rather have?

Aintboutdatlyfe

Oct 21, 2017

lmfao, Pietro never even comes close to Matthews territory, the difference there in value is way bigger than the difference from Nylander to Petro.

Reactions: TML1990

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I am asking. Let me rephrase it. Who do you value more Petro Or letang. I would base my value on ceiling, overall performance (last 3 years last 5 years ect) I understand you think letang is a good defender but in your opinion whom would you rather have?
I'd lean Petro since he's younger, but it's more of a coin flip for me.

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
Damien Cox

Damien Cox‏Verified account @DamoSpin
FollowFollow @DamoSpin
More
John Tavares is playing so well it does make you think; why not sign Marner and Nylander, and trade Matthews for a whole pile of goodies? Not saying they would, but it’s not such a crazy idea any more. And that’s because of JT.

And you thought.... Damien Cox suggested it, so it's a good idea?

Broad Street Buddies

Jun 16, 2018
Montréal
No. It's not a knock on him, it's a point to prove that stylistically, we need a Tarasenko and not a Voracek.
I wasn’t clear but I agree with you on all that! It’s me who took a knock on him by saying that « pass first » is an euphemism for Jake.

Now, we should really stop talking about him if we don’t want to be the next HF members to be called out on Twitter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad