OT: Blue Pants/Gloves

duckbear

Mar 31, 2016
I don't understand the people that seem to really want the switch to blue, as if it's somehow unacceptable to have black on our set. The pants/gloves/helmet are an accent colour, it doesn't matter that our 'primary colours are burgundy and blue', it's still okay to have black and white and grey in the set. The black looks sophisticated and proper. The blue looks like a unipron on the home's and like we are using some other teams gear on the away's. Why change up something that has looked good for 25 years? We don't even look like the same team. The idea that we should change the jersey numbering to accommodate a bad change and add EVEN MORE blue... why? We are not a primary blue team. Stop. Revert as fast as possible and pretend this never happened.

Reactions: Miri

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
What are your lots thoughts about grey/silver helmets, gloves, and pants? Not saying it will work, but the blue concept on the away jerseys is just so so bad.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
90s throwbacks are cool now.

<- Looks at Avs jerseys

Yup sure are.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
C998790F-A873-42D2-B66D-E9BB63F459B6.jpeg

Easy. Just gotta be white helmets for away obv

Also I think if you swapped the burgundy and blue areas on the socks, burgundy would be the much better color pants for home too.

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
I would go Burgundy home helmets.

I would also do blue pants with some sort of a burgundy vertical stripe or triangle at the knee for home and away.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
View attachment 386532

Easy. Just gotta be white helmets for away obv

Also I think if you swapped the burgundy and blue areas on the socks, burgundy would be the much better color pants for home too.

You can't do that.... I have said it many times. You can't mismatch home and away gear.

If you want burgundy gear, it would have to look like this:

uJKVPOe.png

I honestly don't mind this look. The aways still need more blue though, maybe just blue numbers would help. I just want black out of the Avs uniforms.

Last edited:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
it is like that for every team... you are just hyper aware right now.
No you’re wrong. There are certainly subtle changes in some but not this extreme. It’s the first time manufacturers have attempted steel blue equipment and it will take time to master but their first attempt has major changes in shades. Far more than any other team color.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
No you’re wrong. There are certainly subtle changes in some but not this extreme. It’s the first time manufacturers have attempted steel blue equipment and it will take time to master but their first attempt has major changes in shades. Far more than any other team color.

Look at the Canadiens picture I posted. They have different shades of royal blue pants and then navy gloves. I think the Canadiens have been around long enough to get it right...

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
You can't do that.... I have said it many times. You can't mismatch home and away gear.
You seem to be the only person that thinks this.

Although I do like both of these

If you want burgundy gear, it would have to look like this:

uJKVPOe.png

I honestly don't mind this look. The aways still need more blue though, maybe just blue numbers would help. I just want black out of the Avs uniforms.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver

Boy, these look identical to me. Too bad Montreal cant get it right... No way is the Bauer dark and the CCM brighter...

hkn-oilers-canadiens-20210116.JPG

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
So what if the equipment manufacturers can't ever get the colors to match?

Burgundy is an improvement over blue.

You can mismatch home and away and alternate pants/gloves/helmets. Most teams don't to save costs. I think the confusion here lies in the idea that of the socks, jerseys, and pant the only allowed piece to be interchanged are the pants. So they are the only piece there that is allowed to be the same, it isn't stipulated to have to be the same.

The only element allowed by NHL rules to be interchangeable between the two sets of equipment is the pants.

Allowed, not stipulated.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
So what if the equipment manufacturers can't ever get the colors to match?

Burgundy is an improvement over blue.

You can mismatch home and away and alternate pants/gloves/helmets. Most teams don't to save costs. I think the confusion here lies in the idea that of the socks, jerseys, and pant the only allowed piece to be interchanged are the pants. So they are the only piece there that is allowed to be the same, it isn't stipulated to have to be the same.

Allowed, not stipulated.

Is there an example of an NHL having different home and away pants? I can't find any. Not sure it saves any money, the Avs already have 3 pairs of pants this year. Blue, Navy, Burgundy. They would just take the burgundy pants on the road instead of the blue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad