OT: Blue Pants/Gloves

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
There’s a girl on my Facebook who I grew up with that is not a sports fan at all but her husband was watching the Avs-Kings game and she wrote a Facebook status saying that she doesn’t know much about hockey but she has to assume that the “Avalanches must have forgot their slacks and borrowed some from another team” :laugh:

Even people who don’t watch got caught up in that eyesore lol.

yes, borrowed from another team that also uses steel blue.... you know like no one else in the league...

cccoltsicehockey

May 1, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I absolutely hate the blue gloves/pants/helmets I think they need to go back to the black and call it a day. Also I think regardless wether they bring the black pants or not they need to seriously consider adding a blue stripe to the away. If the blue must stay add the blue stripe and replace the black numbers with blue. But I would much prefer going back to black and adding the blue stripe which returns it closer to the originals and then leaving the uniforms be.

View attachment 386356
I agree this would largely fix the problem of tying it all together. Although I still think they are just using generic blue helmets and need to get a custom order with the proper color blue. If it is a custom order someone did a terrible job. The same color code doesn't always look the same out of different materials.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
She's not a hockey fan so obviously she doesn't know that.

It's also painfully obvious to everyone how terrible those pants fit with the jersey.

Correct, the jersey is the problem, not the pants....

They needed to at least change the numbers to blue.

image.png

Compared to:

image.png

They need to remove ALL black from the uniform. It has no place anymore. There is no black on the stripes, the socks, or the equipment. It is oddly just on the numbers and really sticks out. If they change the numbers to blue, it easily solves most of the jerseys issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thepoolmaster

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Huh. I wasn't aware the Alternate Captain "A's" had a blue outline on the original uniforms. Makes me wonder why they didn't add that to the current set. The A looks bad IMO with just white and silver, like it's washed out. That's really my only gripe with the home kit.
The As are terrible on the home jerseys. The space in the middle literally isn't there, how has nobody noticed this and changed them?

Reactions: arun and Pokecheque

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The blue numbers make it look even worse...

I really don't see any defense of the road unis. They are horrendous.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
As for a Coyotes comparison, two things.

One, I don't see it.

cut.jpg

GettyImages-1180715115.jpg

Two, so what? That's literally been our look for 25 years. I look at that and think takes it, fakes it, SCORES! not of some beer league outfit from the desert with no fans. Adding in lots of blue isn't suddenly going to make the blue a thing.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
As for a Coyotes comparison, two things.

One, I don't see it.

cut.jpg

GettyImages-1180715115.jpg

Two, so what? That's literally been our look for 25 years. I look at that and think takes it, fakes it, SCORES! not of some beer league outfit from the desert with no fans. Adding in lots of blue isn't suddenly going to make the blue a thing.

You dont see it? There is just the smallest blue on the prior Avs away look. The rest of the look is just red and black, like Arizona... Compared to the home sweater with lots of blue. There is a big issue when the home look is burgundy and blue and the away look is burgundy and black....

Name one other team that has a home uniform that is one palette at home and an away one that is another.... It would be like the Islanders dropping the orange and just being blue and white on the road. Or like Vancouver dropping the green and just being blue and white on the road. See the pattern? You arent supposed to drop a team color on the away uniform. It's a bad look and loses team identity.

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
You dont see it? There is just the smallest blue on the prior Avs away look. The rest of the look is just red and black, like Arizona... Compared to the home sweater with lots of blue. There is a big issue when the home look is burgundy and blue and the away look is burgundy and black....

Name one other team that has a home uniform that is one palette at home and an away one that is another.... It would be like the Islanders dropping the orange and just being blue and white on the road. Or like Vancouver dropping the green and just being blue and white on the road. See the pattern? You arent supposed to drop a team color on the away uniform. It's a bad look and loses team identity.
Perhaps the Kroenkes are color blind? The Rapids have one kit which is burgundy and baby blue, then another which is yellow and a blue way to similar to this new Avs color.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Perhaps the Kroenkes are color blind? The Rapids have one kit which is burgundy and baby blue, then another which is yellow and a blue way to similar to this new Avs color.

That is a common European soccer pattern. Arsenal, Kroenke's English Premier League team, does the exact same thing. Red home kits and blue/yellow away.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Equipment manufacturers are the biggest issue with the home jerseys. Steel blue equipment looks great. Unfortunately there’s inconsistency based on the brand. Warrior and Bauer helmets aren’t steel blue. CCM are. However with the pants, CCM is a little closer to royal blue while Warrior has a perfect steel blue.

unfortunately with the away’s, no level Of consistency will make the blue look ok.

Reactions: henchman21

HugeMetalFan

Jul 30, 2015
I think they'll go back to black next year, considering that this color switch was anounced as part of 25th anniversary celebration and considering they've done literally no other adjustment to either jersey, putting them off balance.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
You have to have the same home and away equipment. So that would mean the wear burgundy at home too. Which would look terrible.

LostInMosEisley

A wretched hive of scum and villany
Aug 18, 2020
You have to have the same home and away equipment. So that would mean the wear burgundy at home too. Which would look terrible.

I'd be curious to see a mockup with with burgundy breezers with the dark jerseys. Seems like it'd match better than the blue equipment does with the whites, since there is much more burgundy in the dark jerseys than there is blue in the white (they'd have to reverse the colors on the socks). If they had to pick a different color for both the home and away jerseys without altering the color scheme of the jerseys at all, it seems like burgundy would have been a better choice, at least imagining it. The gloves and helmet might look odd but probably not more so than the blue equipment with the white jerseys currently do.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Equipment manufacturers are the biggest issue with the home jerseys. Steel blue equipment looks great. Unfortunately there’s inconsistency based on the brand. Warrior and Bauer helmets aren’t steel blue. CCM are. However with the pants, CCM is a little closer to royal blue while Warrior has a perfect steel blue.

unfortunately with the away’s, no level Of consistency will make the blue look ok.

Yeah I think over time, and with some prodding to the equipment manufacturers, they could get the home setups to work. The helmets are a sore thumb issue that absolutely has to be solved to make it work.

The roads just look impossible with the blue...

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

image.png

Compared to:

image.png

They need to remove ALL black from the uniform. It has no place anymore. There is no black on the stripes, the socks, or the equipment. It is oddly just on the numbers and really sticks out. If they change the numbers to blue, it easily solves most of the jerseys issues.
Yeah, they need a blue stripe and blue numbers.

Mr Zappalanche

Oct 7, 2015
Zagreb, Croatia

image.png

Compared to:

image.png

It is much better but still not good imo.
But you complained that out jerseys resembled Arizona jersey but this way they are very similar to Canadiens.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
It is much better but still not good imo.
But you complained that out jerseys resembled Arizona jersey but this way they are very similar to Canadiens.

I should clarify my Arizona complaint. It is not so much that they look like Arizona, it's that they look like Arizona ONLY ON THE ROAD. At home they have a unique color scheme. On the road they abandoned 1/2 the main colors and no longer look like the same team. If they want to just be burgundy and black, thats fine but do it at home and away.

Since they are truly a burgundy and blue team, they just need to keep that palette on both home and away uniforms. The blue gear helps, the away sweater needs work: blue numbers and blue stripe.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00