OT: Blue Pants/Gloves

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Is there an example of an NHL having different home and away pants? I can't find any. Not sure it saves any money, the Avs already have 3 pairs of pants this year. Blue, Navy, Burgundy. They would just take the burgundy pants on the road instead of the blue.

The Wild had green home pants and black away pants a few years ago. The Wild also had greens with and without stripes too.

It certainly saves money. Most players have more than few pieces of gear in backup for the normal colors, but the one off games typically only get one or two sets. Especially things like gloves...

Last edited:

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
You can't do that.... I have said it many times. You can't mismatch home and away gear.

If you want burgundy gear, it would have to look like this:

uJKVPOe.png

I honestly don't mind this look. The aways still need more blue though, maybe just blue numbers would help. I just want black out of the Avs uniforms.

I like this more than I thought I would.

Reactions: madman

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
You seriously think that’s as significant a difference as this?
View attachment 386572

Obviously not. But you are HYPER ALERT at any change just to nitpick it. I am saying mismatching colors have been an NHL issues since forever. You are freaking out over blue gear for some odd reason.

Should Detroit have gone to black gear since the red helmet didn't match?

cut.jpg

Reactions: UncleRisto

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
The Wild had green home pants and black away pants a few years ago. The Wild also had greens with and without stripes too.

It certainly saves money. Most players have more than few pieces of gear in backup for the normal colors, but the one off games typically only get one or two sets. Especially things like gloves...
No, they didn't... Always green and always the same.

Minnesota Wild - The (unofficial) NHL Uniform Database

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
They work with the homes, but there's minimal blue on the road jerseys which makes them clash. Add blue numbers or something at least.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Obviously not. But you are HYPER ALERT at any change just to nitpick it. I am saying mismatching colors have been an NHL issues since forever. You are freaking out over blue gear for some odd reason.

cut.jpg
Wow relax. I don’t know if you were on the committee of selecting these awful new colors or something but you seem to be seriously distraught by the deserved backlash.

Detroit unlike Colorado have a primary color of red. Shades will never be perfect but at least it’s the right color family. Steel blue is Colorado’s secondary color. Because of this there’s very little blue in the white jerseys yet their protective equipment is completely blue.

duckbear

Mar 31, 2016

The Red Wings very clearly have two different colours of red there, the dark red on the pants/gloves/helmet and the red of the rest of the set. The dark red is also the only complementary colour to the main colour.

Our sets the blue helmet is a different colour than the pants and gloves. The pants and gloves are similar enough to the jersey/socks, but the helmet is not which makes it look really out of place.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Wow relax. I don’t know if you were on the committee of selecting these awful new colors or something but you seem to be seriously distraught by the deserved backlash.

Detroit unlike Colorado have a primary color of red. Shades will never be perfect but at least it’s the right color family. Steel blue is Colorado’s secondary color. Because of this there’s very little blue in the white jerseys yet their protective equipment is completely blue.
What?? It's ok for Detroit to have different reds but not ok for Colorado to have different blues? Just flipping for your argument sake?

And yes... Like I have said for a while now, they need to add blue to the away sweater to make it more cohesive.

You started this thread to bitch about them... and I am distraught?

Reactions: UncleRisto

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
What?? It's ok for Detroit to have different reds but not ok for Colorado to have different blues? Just flipping for your argument sake?
Everybody on that Detroit team had near thy identical shade helmet. It’s consistent.

There’s two major issues with Colorado’s white jerseys. One is that there’s almost no blue in their uniforms yet their protective equipment is entirely blue. The other is that everybody’s shade of blue is significantly different. Much more than Montreal. Much more than Detroit.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

And yes... Like I have said for a while now, they need to add blue to the away sweater to make it more cohesive.

You started this thread to bitch about them... and I am distraught?
Five pages of literally just complaining in a dedicated thread about changes that by the way, opposing fans have been talking about for years.

Reactions: CharlesPuck

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Boy, these look identical to me. Too bad Montreal cant get it right... No way is the Bauer dark and the CCM brighter...

hkn-oilers-canadiens-20210116.JPG

Montreal isn't a great comparison IMO because the brighter blue matches the brighter red well. Everyone's used to seeing those two colors together.

The steel blue on the Avs doesn't match so well with the Burgundy that just gets darker as it gets wet, unless there's a ton of blue on the jerseys like the current home darks.

They need to at least make the numbers and names on the back blue, but you won't be able to see the blue on the front of the jersey unless they cut to a closeup shot.

uJKVPOe.png

I honestly don't mind this look. The aways still need more blue though, maybe just blue numbers would help. I just want black out of the Avs uniforms.

The away's here are near perfect for me. They just need to swap the grey jersey stripe with a blue one.

The home darks might look good but it's hard to tell from that angle. They may benefit from going with more blue on the sock like the third jerseys, but with the lighter blue instead of the navy.

Reactions: ToruKadri

LostInMosEisley

A wretched hive of scum and villany
Aug 18, 2020
You can't do that.... I have said it many times. You can't mismatch home and away gear.

uJKVPOe.png

I think this would have been a better decision if they have to keep the same gear for the main home and aways. The homes could reverse the sock striping so blue is on the top, that would look pretty decent. But I'm not as down on the blue as everyone else, just think the away jerseys need to be tweaked.

Reactions: CharlesPuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad