OT: Blue Pants/Gloves

duckbear

Mar 31, 2016
I can't believe anyone in charge of the team's design looked at the changes last year and went 'Yeah, let's have more of that'. We went from a virtually perfect kit post RBK apron to mix and match blues with every player wearing and different color and full blown uni-tards.

Just admit defeat and revert to the black which was consistent across brands, broke things up nicely and was aesthetic pleasing. Who cares if it isn't a 'team colour'. It looked great.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Is there any team, outside of alternate and 3rd uniforms, that wears 2 different sets of pants for home and away uniforms? I think if they wear blue with the home set they have to wear blue with the road set.

Someone put those burgundy pants and helmets with the home set, and lets see what they look like. IMO, the road set has too much burgundy with the pants and the shoulder/arm + waist.

IMO, The blue pants will look much, much better with the road set now that the black numbers/nameplate have been replaced by the blue.

My question is now will the white numbers on the home set have a blue outline instead of silver?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I think it looks the best of all the options. Plus the equipment is much closer to matching than the blue!
When I think Avs I think burgundy plan and simple. I know blue is part of the scheme and that’s cool but for me it’s not a Canadiens situation where you think “red and blue” or any of the Pittsburgh pro teams where you think “black and yellow”. For me the Avs are burgundy and therefore their equipment should be burgundy.

Reactions: madman

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
2caeb940-8b6c-47b9-b96d-0ae471b6e1d6-jpeg.452322

I will post this photo periodically for the rest of time.

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
When I think Avs I think burgundy plan and simple. I know blue is part of the scheme and that’s cool but for me it’s not a Canadiens situation where you think “red and blue” or any of the Pittsburgh pro teams where you think “black and yellow”. For me the Avs are burgundy and therefore their equipment should be burgundy.

Exactly. Blue has never been a primary color for this club and for good reason - it's the most commonly used color in the NHL (I think icethetics had a feature on this a few years back). For years we played the "Burgundy and White" game during training camp, not the "Blue and White" game. If you're going to lean into a color for the kits, it should be the burgundy. But really, we should have stuck with the black. Anything is better than the uniprons, but the first gen Adidas kits were pretty fresh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad