OT: Blue Pants/Gloves

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'm going to reserve judgement. It could be better with less clashing of colors... could be worse with the two colors of numbers on the jersey and the (likely) still mismatch of colors between players on pants and helmets.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
I'm going to reserve judgement. It could be better with less clashing of colors... could be worse with the two colors of numbers on the jersey and the (likely) still mismatch of colors between players on pants and helmets.

its the same colors as the Nords RR. It was fine there and will look good on the aways.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
It’ll help. If they can find a way to add blue somewhere on the front it’ll be money but not sure how they could.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
It’ll help. If they can find a way to add blue somewhere on the front it’ll be money but not sure how they could.
There's a giant blue oval surrounding the 'A' already.
1200px-Colorado_Avalanche_logo.svg.png

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
The pants and helmets that are blue are the issue. Nordiques uni had red.

I was strictly talking about the numbers, and how you mentioned them being outlined in burgundy, for the two colors.

The numbers looked good for the RR and will look good here too.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I was strictly talking about the numbers, and how you mentioned them being outlined in burgundy, for the two colors.

The numbers looked good for the RR and will look good here too.
I wasn’t talking about the outline, I was talking about the blue numbers on the back and the white numbers on the sleeves.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Oh odd, those have never matched
Black and white is the normal… we’ve been trained from our early years with any text we read is black on light background or white on dark background. Move to colors and just doesn’t work as well. Change all the text on this page to a medium blue and you’ll see what I mean. I’ll reserve judgement until I see the whole get up, but it will look a bit odd at first.

More than anything, getting helmets and pants to match between players will help the most.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Black and white is the normal… we’ve been trained from our early years with any text we read is black on light background or white on dark background. Move to colors and just doesn’t work as well. Change all the text on this page to a medium blue and you’ll see what I mean. I’ll reserve judgement until I see the whole get up, but it will look a bit odd at first.

More than anything, getting helmets and pants to match between players will help the most.
strongly disagree. Sports uniforms have never had to be black and white numbers. They historically have always matched team colors.

it was very strange to only use black for numbers when it was found nowhere else.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
strongly disagree. Sports uniforms have never had to be black and white numbers. They historically have always matched team colors.

it was very strange to only use black for numbers when it was found nowhere else.
Many don’t follow that… but many don’t work either. Super high contrast with black or dark as the main background like Pens’ and Bruins’ black/yellow works. White with colors usually doesn’t. If it does… numbers are all the same color… not one colored and one white. Again will reserve judgment on that until seeing it.

Reactions: madman

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
One of the main issues with the uniprons was having two different dark colors (steel blue and burgundy) bordering one another without any contrast color separating them - would rather not see us repeat the same mistake with the numbers… we had the jerseys/kits more or less dialed for a single season before the team insisted on tinkering again. Forcing blue as a primary color in a league full of blue teams just doesn’t make sense from a branding standpoint. But if that’s your angle, at least make the blue match on all your gear. The helmets were a mess last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->