OT: Blue Jays Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
3 runs will not cut it always but I expect some solid performances these next 2 games.

I am expecting a big game from Stroman tomorrow.

Yeah, the bats have to wake up. Stro should be ok, but he'll need more than three runs I suspect. Hopefully Donaldson is back and raring to go.

Not sure if Tulo's little freakout on Souza at the end of the game was a good thing or a bad thing. Does it fire up the Jays or Tampa more?

0ilerman

The King
Mar 17, 2008
Capital City
I really wish the whole Souza Jr. situation at the end of the game didn't fizzle out. A little emotion and feistiness could serve as a spark. Seems like everyone is tense, so worried about wins and losses. Rather than just going out and playing for your teammates.

Loved Gibby post game saying he pinch hit Carerra cause he thought he'd hit a homerun. Tongue and cheek of course

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
I really wish the whole Souza Jr. situation at the end of the game didn't fizzle out. A little emotion and feistiness could serve as a spark. Seems like everyone is tense, so worried about wins and losses. Rather than just going out and playing for your teammates.

Loved Gibby post game saying he pinch hit Carerra cause he thought he'd hit a homerun. Tongue and cheek of course

I'm all for emotion when reasonably called for. Like if the Jays end up playing the Rangers again I'd love to see Bautista get a little payback. Don't know about last night. It was such a random scene at the end. Martin thought it was a tater too. Souza was just double-checking. Nobody knows what Tulowitzki got so heated up about.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Nevermind the Tigers. Seattle on a 6 game winning streak. Cano, Cruz and the boys.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
As long as somebody catches the Jays right? Doesn't matter who it is.:shakehead

Just cause I am Canadian doesn't mean I am the biggest Jays fan out there.

I am a fan of Donaldson though but been a fan of his since his Oakland days.

I like the Jays and a few other teams, more of a fan of players in baseball.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Just cause I am Canadian doesn't mean I am the biggest Jays fan out there.

I am a fan of Donaldson though but been a fan of his since his Oakland days.

I like the Jays and a few other teams, more of a fan of players in baseball.

Why come into the Blue Jays thread and cheer for every other team? You pick whoever is close to them in the standings or whoever they are currently up against and that's your team of the day. I'd say you're not a Jays fan at all. You've been doing this for a while now. Considering how this is supposed to be a thread for JAYS FANS it's getting annoying.

Oct 15, 2008
Why come into the Blue Jays thread and cheer for every other team? You pick whoever is close to them in the standings or whoever they are currently up against and that's your team of the day. I'd say you're not a Jays fan at all. You've been doing this for a while now. Considering how this is supposed to be a thread for JAYS FANS it's getting annoying.

That's what the ignore function is for.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton

Why is it cheering for other teams pointing out who is in the wildcard race?

This is a board for Oilers fans, and reasonable criticism of the Oilers happens all the time. (Sometimes not so reasonable.) Why should this thread be just for cheerleading the Jays? Reasonable criticism of the Jays is acceptable.

I follow the Jays pretty closely and could see this team just doesn't have the stuff last year's team did. From Bautista to the fiasco handling Sanchez to any number of odd decisions by Gibbons to the trainwreck that Dickey has been all season.

The Jays have some serious issues right now, but thankfully there aren't a lot of issues to deal with. A new manager, Dickey going away and *hopefully* re-signing Edwin are the three big things I would like to see happen this off-season.

I do notice that nobody has called me chicken little lately. Could it be because the Jays are 3-8 in September? :sarcasm:

That's what the ignore function is for.

How is this related to the Blue Jays or baseball in any way?

Last edited:

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Why is it cheering for other teams pointing out who is in the wildcard race?

This is a board for Oilers fans, and reasonable criticism of the Oilers happens all the time. (Sometimes not so reasonable.) Why should this thread be just for cheerleading the Jays? Reasonable criticism of the Jays is acceptable.

I follow the Jays pretty closely and could see this team just doesn't have the stuff last year's team did. From Bautista to the fiasco handling Sanchez to any number of odd decisions by Gibbons to the trainwreck that Dickey has been all season.

The Jays have some serious issues right now, but thankfully there aren't a lot of issues to deal with. A new manager, Dickey going away and *hopefully* re-signing Edwin are the three big things I would like to see happen this off-season.

I do notice that nobody has called me chicken little lately. Could it be because the Jays are 3-8 in September? :sarcasm:

How is this related to the Blue Jays or baseball in any way?
There's nothing wrong with criticizing the team and pointing out their shortcomings, we all do it. The poster I questioned isn't doing that. He is constantly pumping up whoever the Jays happen to be playing that night or are about to be playing. I see a big difference between him and everybody else who posts in this thread. If I'm the only one who sees it that way, then so be it. I won't bring it up again.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
There's nothing wrong with criticizing the team and pointing out their shortcomings, we all do it. The poster I questioned isn't doing that. He is constantly pumping up whoever the Jays happen to be playing that night or are about to be playing. I see a big difference between him and everybody else who posts in this thread. If I'm the only one who sees it that way, then so be it. I won't bring it up again.

You won't be the only one as you know you have one supporter. It doesn't mean what you are saying is true. Look at these posts from the past couple days. Some support for the Jays. Some reasonable comments. Fair is fair. Just sayin'...

3 runs will not cut it always but I expect some solid performances these next 2 games.

I am expecting a big game from Stroman tomorrow.

Haha, Carrerra putting the Jays on his back!

Doesn't matter who the Rays are starting today.

Jays being 2-7 this month with a 7-9 record against the Rays this season.

No Donaldson tonight.

Liriano's first start in over 2 weeks now.

Should be another tight game.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Summary of the game thus far:

Correction, they got two GD hits. :shakehead

pvr'd the game. Think I'll just delete it when I get home.

With Martin and Donaldson hurt it could be a long road trip.

Far too many teams are close to bother with scoreboard watching tonight.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Correction, they got two GD hits. :shakehead

pvr'd the game. Think I'll just delete it when I get home.

With Martin and Donaldson hurt it could be a long road trip.

Far too many teams are close to bother with scoreboard watching tonight.

What happened to Martin? I haven't heard anything about him. Is it his knee from last week?

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Summary of the game thus far:

Lol, pretty much sums it up. Only caught the first six innings or so today before I had to run out. They were being out hit 10-1 at the time and that's pretty much what I thought. That one hit was the first hitter of the game too so lots of nothing the rest of the way. Another ugly one to watch.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
What happened to Martin? I haven't heard anything about him. Is it his knee from last week?

I'm pretty sure. I think the original incident was two weeks ago. Some random story about falling in the steam room or after a session in the steam room.

Last week he tweaked the knee again.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I'm pretty sure. I think the original incident was two weeks ago. Some random story about falling in the steam room or after a session in the steam room.

Last week he tweaked the knee again.

The steam room thing was a while back, maybe a month ago. He hurt himself at the plate about a week ago. Can't remember who they were playing though. I just remember he talked Gibbons into staying in that game even though he could barely walk and was scratched the next game. I just assumed he wasn't playing today because they wanted to use Navarro for Estrada.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
The steam room thing was a while back, maybe a month ago. He hurt himself at the plate about a week ago. Can't remember who they were playing though. I just remember he talked Gibbons into staying in that game even though he could barely walk and was scratched the next game. I just assumed he wasn't playing today because they wanted to use Navarro for Estrada.

You may be right about why Navarro started. It was an odd decision to sit Martin with JD out.

The Jays just hired Ben Cherington as VP of Baseball Ops. That's a pretty significant announcement. One more ring at the table.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
You may be right about why Navarro started. It was an odd decision to sit Martin with JD out.

The Jays just hired Ben Cherington as VP of Baseball Ops. That's a pretty significant announcement. One more ring at the table.

Maybe they're at the point with Bautista that they don't want to start him in the outfield in day games when he played the night before so they used him as DH instead of Martin. I'm starting to get the feeling this team is suffering from a lot of guys being really banged up right now. Nobody is looking good, not only at the plate but in the field too.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Maybe they're at the point with Bautista that they don't want to start him in the outfield in day games when he played the night before so they used him as DH instead of Martin. I'm starting to get the feeling this team is suffering from a lot of guys being really banged up right now. Nobody is looking good, not only at the plate but in the field too.

Edwin was hitting pretty well up to this series with Tampa. Looking for a silver lining...

Go Yankees!:handclap:

Oops, wrong thread. I'll have to find the Yankee thread on here.;):D:sarcasm:

That's just trollin' plain and simple. :laugh:

If/when the Jay are eliminated I guess i'll cheer for the Cubs. Maybe?

Last edited:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Edwin was hitting pretty well up to this series with Tampa. Looking for a silver lining...

That's just trollin' plain and simple. :laugh:

If/when the Jay are eliminated I guess i'll cheer for the Cubs. Maybe?

Yanks are my team, obviously, but I follow the Jays too, and am interested in their affairs as well, and do a bit of cheering for them, but not as a #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad