OT: Blue Jays part 4 Jays and the off season begins Dickey Says "goodbye?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Solid start from Happ.

Heart of the order was huge. Bottom of the order stunk it up until the 9th. Then they added on some insurance.

Donaldson looks like those couple days rest made all the difference in the world.

Hopefully Dickey pulls some magic tomorrow night.

Oct 15, 2008
They got some offense tonight and Happ was solid. Nice to see Donaldson get his bat working again. Baby steps. Hopefully they can win a couple more and get their confidence back.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
They got some offense tonight and Happ was solid. Nice to see Donaldson get his bat working again. Baby steps. Hopefully they can win a couple more and get their confidence back.

Baby steps is what happens in April and May--

As of this morning we are looking at a team that has played 146 games with 16 games left---detroit and seatle are jsut 2 games back and the Yankees 3--Blue Jay fans should be happy with the yankees schedule. Yankees realized they had trouble in the dressing room--kicked a few big names to the curb and pretty much no name Yankee team is in striking distance

yankees schedule-- 3 more against the red sox, 3 against the devils rays, four against the blues jays--if the red sox win the next three games that may kill the Yankees--but those four games against the blue jays--Yankees have their spoiler caps on

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Blue Jays fans should be praying the Red Sox kill the Yankees the next three night and run over their souls and cause them to give up on the season. The Yankee/Jays series could be the ball game

It's such a trade-off. What you suggest is conceding the division to the Red Sox, but helps in the wildcard chase. *If* the Sox go on a nose dive and the Jays can string together some wins then the division is realistically in view again.

I'm not pronouncing the Jays back after one game. Last night was an expected win with your ace on the mound. I want to see this supposed magic from Dickey that he turns on in the fall tonight.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
It's such a trade-off. What you suggest is conceding the division to the Red Sox, but helps in the wildcard chase. *If* the Sox go on a nose dive and the Jays can string together some wins then the division is realistically in view again.

I'm not pronouncing the Jays back after one game. Last night was an expected win with your ace on the mound. I want to see this supposed magic from Dickey that he turns on in the fall tonight.

Say Yankees beat red sox but hays do not win as well? Yankees catch jays. Which evil do you want. If the Sox beat the crap out of Yankees it givs the Jays breathing room. I am not a fan of Dickey.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Say Yankees beat red sox but hays do not win as well? Yankees catch jays. Which evil do you want. If the Sox beat the crap out of Yankees it givs the Jays breathing room. I am not a fan of Dickey.

I'm leaning towards the idea that if the Jays can't take care of their own business, they are probably done anyway. The wildcard spot is basically just a lottery ticket into the playoffs as the current format seldomly generates a pennant winner. Teams have to burn one of their aces in the wildcard game and follow that up with a short five game series, where the number one team in their league gets to set up the rotation how they want, so they need to catch the division.

I think we need to see the Jays gain at least 1 game on the Sox during this 4 game series for each team for them to have a chance. So yeah, I'm kind of hoping the Sox and Yankees split and the Jays win their series. Then they are within 1 game and still have games against the Sox to make up the difference.

Also, the Sox destroying the Yankees in this series may set them up for another series win next week against New York, making the East very tough to catch.

Last edited:

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I'm leaning towards the idea that if the Jays can't take care of their own business, they are probably done anyway. The wildcard spot is basically just a lottery ticket into the playoffs as the current format seldomly generates a pennant winner. Teams have to burn one of their aces in the wildcard game and follow that up with a short five game series, where the number one team in their league gets to set up the rotation how they want, so they need to catch the division.

I think we need to see the Jays gain at least 1 game on the Sox during this 4 game series for each team for them to have a chance. So yeah, I'm kind of hoping the Sox and Yankees split and the Jays win their series. Then they are within 1 game and still have games against the Sox to make up the difference.

Also, the Sox destroying the Yankees in this series may set them up for another series win next week against New York, making the East very tough to catch.

Yep, Jays have put themselves into a situation where they just need to win their own games before they worry about anything else. They've lost the cushion they had so they won't be backing into the post season. If they win they'll make it, if they lose they'll miss out. Win enough and maybe they still catch the Red Sox.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton

Very well said. The Jays currently have a huge drop off after Happ. The Jays are 4-9 in September. 2-9 in games where Happ doesn't get a decision.

If the Happ gets the Jays through a wildcard game what are their chances in the ALCS when Happ starts his only game of the series in either game 3 or 4?

Tonight's game is critical, but I guess they all are at this time of year.

Which is the lesser evil? Sox or Yankees? This year I would be more inclined to cheer for the Yankees. Now that Afraud is gone and I like their young talent, especially that Gary Sanchez. The way Farrell left the Jays still kinda bugs me.

Last edited:

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
So any prediction on Dickey's performance tonight?

I predict he gets run support. I think the Jays could go on a run here.

Muscles Glasses

Jul 9, 2007
Edmonton
I would have to imagine that this could be Dickeys last start as a Blue Jay. After the Seattle series it's Baltimore/New York and Boston, and I have to imagine they don't want an inconsistent at best Dickey pitching and an absolute nothing Josh Thole talking at bats against those teams.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Pathetic game here.

At least Seattle and Detroit have stepped on the brakes for now.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Pathetic game here.

At least Seattle and Detroit have stepped on the brakes for now.

Yup bad outing indeed. Three errors. :shakehead

Small miracles with Seattle and Detroit losing. Looks like the division has slipped away. Gots to focus on the wildcard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad