Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Johansen for Jones
trouble.gif

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
And if he was any of 1) under 30, 2) signed for something commensurate with that scoring rate, 3) signed for fewer years, or 4) more of a playmaker than a goal-scorer, we might go that way. Unfortunately, he is none of these things.

I'm not sure why the contract matters. Contracts never matter. He's paid fair value for what he brings and is a cheap center that they probably could dump at the expansion draft.

What center is Columbus getting with their assets tbh?

Maybe the deal is Dubinsky and a 3rd for Henrique?

Feb 9, 2013
Domi + Merzlinkis for RNH + whoever Columbus would take who Edmonton would give who balances the cap out

RNH has been playing wing mostly but he's the type of skilled C that should work well with Laine

Alternatively Domi for Strome from the Hawks

I would love Domi on the Oil.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'd look for a young, playmaking center with upside. Maybe Logan Brown?
We've already got Roslovic and Texier. We need experienced guys.

* * *​
Eric Staal available. Not sure if that helps. Anisimov return? Plenty of buy low options to end the season.
Staal might be interesting. Not sure if Anisimov is good enough to really help at this point in his career; yeah, he was nice, but the center in that deal that really got us going was Dubinsky, and he's retired in all but name.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'm not sure why the contract matters. Contracts never matter. He's paid fair value for what he brings and is a cheap center that they probably could dump at the expansion draft.
We're almost certainly losing a defenseman at the expansion draft.

What center is Columbus getting with their assets tbh?

Maybe the deal is Dubinsky and a 3rd for Henrique?
Dubinsky is on LTIR, his contract expires at the end of this year, and the only thing preventing him from formally announcing his retirement is a desire to finish getting paid (hell, he already wink-wink-nudge-nudge semiunofficially announced it on his Instagram account). And besides, he was instrumental in finally getting this team out of the post-MacLean-cleanup-doldrums; he deserves to retire as part of this team. Moving him is the exact opposite of a priority.

* * *​
Domi + Merzlinkis for RNH + whoever Columbus would take who Edmonton would give who balances the cap out

RNH has been playing wing mostly but he's the type of skilled C that should work well with Laine

Alternatively Domi for Strome from the Hawks
I really hesitate to move Merzlikins for a UFA - even a UFA that we'd hope to keep (and one that we would otherwise be going shopping for in the offseason). It's probably fair, but it makes me flinch.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020

Domi + Jenner + Elvis for a signed RNH (~$7M) Jones and Koskinen

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
The thing that makes Bennett interesting is that he plays with the kind of snarl that this team used to have and hopefully someday will have again. The thing that makes him a problem, tho, is that he wants to play C, and the whole point is that we've got On The Job Training cases already and need experience.

The practical ideal would possibly be someone akin to Backlund, except that Backlund seems a bit disproportionately highly valued by the Flames. :)

As he should be.
Elite shutdown centres you can play as your 2C/3C don’t grow on trees.

Reactions: Nanuuk

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
I wonder if Andrew Copp (WPG) might be expendable this offseason.

Only one more year of control, can play different roles, having a career year.
I think he's expendable. I'm not sure if I'd wait until the offseason.

Hitemwith4

Jul 1, 2019
I think people are over blowing what CBJ wants, from what was written in the OG, they want placeholder centers (top 6 im guessing here) until their young centers are ready to be full time top 6 centers

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Kerfoot for Savard....

Kerfoot would not be a bad get for them honestly, he gets a bad rap but he's fast and can hang with top 6 players without the puck dying on his stick

Kerfoot + Boyd + 2nd for Savard retained + Nash. Like Boyd's game going back to his DC days, knows how to capitalize with skilled players as well

Reactions: Team Cozens

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
We're almost certainly losing a defenseman at the expansion draft.

Dubinsky is on LTIR, his contract expires at the end of this year, and the only thing preventing him from formally announcing his retirement is a desire to finish getting paid (hell, he already wink-wink-nudge-nudge semiunofficially announced it on his Instagram account). And besides, he was instrumental in finally getting this team out of the post-MacLean-cleanup-doldrums; he deserves to retire as part of this team. Moving him is the exact opposite of a priority.

At this point, I see no reason why CBJ would not just protect Jones, Werenski, Gavrikov and Savard and then Laine, Roslovic, Bjorkstrand, and Atkinson.

You certainly are always funny in the Blue Jackets proposals.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
For the bluejackets... Why would the flames touch that though?

Me personally? I think Domi is every bit as good as Monahan and brings a lot more to the table.

For who?? Why on earth would Calgary do that, it leaves Backlund as their only real top 6C unless they move Lindholm back to the middle. Which makes very little sense considering he's being good at wing.

Not to mention Domi just isn't the type of player Calgary would need.

Lindholm has only played 2 games at wing this year. As a center he's led all Flames in ice time.

Unless you are the Flames in which case it makes no sense at all.

Domi is faster, grittier, and frankly more skilled than Monahan. If he were playing with Gaudreau I think he'd produce at least as much as Monahan and he's got a lower AAV. His numbers during his last two years in Montreal were pretty much as good as Monahan's despite not playing with Gaudreau.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Cherry Picker

Sep 29, 2011
Kerfoot + ______ for Jenner with a decent amount of salary retention.

What would be the addition Columbus fans?

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
If the Jets don’t want to expend real assets Derek Ryan could be a good stop gap. Flames would like to have the cap space I imagine.

Bennett + Ryan for Domi is close in terms of cap this year gives Columbus 2 centers for a struggling player plus Bennett is an RFA so they should be able to sign him to a longer deal this off-season. I think Bennett would thrive playing for Torts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad