Friedman: Blue Jackets looking to acquire Centers

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Ottawa is your best partner between Tierney, Anisimov and White all mid 6Cs after already having Norris and Stutzle for the future.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
What would CBJ fans offer for RNH ? We can give you permission to negotiate a new deal with him before a trade is made . Edmonton needs top 6 LW , #1 goalie and a true #1D . We aren’t getting a 1D with out a ++ . A goalie and a winger ?

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
What would CBJ fans offer for RNH ? We can give you permission to negotiate a new deal with him before a trade is made . Edmonton needs top 6 LW , #1 goalie and a true #1D . We aren’t getting a 1D with out a ++ . A goalie and a winger ?

Not for a UFA. I thought Edmonton was going to keep him.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Yes we've already had a number of people discussing something around

To :cbj

RNH extended

To :edmonton

Elvis and Domi.

Columbus can eat a bit of salary on Domi to make it even. I personally think Columbus would much rather keep Elvis over Korpi, but it's not a bad deal overall considering how important RNH would be and how useless Domi has been in Columbus. And considering Domi's struggles, then Edmonton should get their pick of the goalies.

I don't think Columbus would want Koskinen because of that contract, but if we do this deal then they'll need a spare goalie and Edmonton would have some. Maybe that can be worked in somehow.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Yes we've already had a number of people discussing something around

To :cbj

RNH extended

To :edmonton

Elvis and Domi.

Columbus can eat a bit of salary on Domi to make it even. I personally think Columbus would much rather keep Elvis over Korpi, but it's not a bad deal overall considering how important RNH would be and how useless Domi has been in Columbus. And considering Domi's struggles, then Edmonton should get their pick of the goalies.

I don't think Columbus would want Koskinen because of that contract, but if we do this deal then they'll need a spare goalie and Edmonton would have some. Maybe that can be worked in somehow.

That's a pretty good deal for both side. Columbus would have to overpay him not to test the free market though, something like 8x7.5

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
If they hung onto Dubois a little longer wonder if there was a Dubois+ for Eichel deal that could have worked for both sides. Columbus had a lot of players Buffalo could badly use. And Dubois/Cozens/Mittelstadt would not have been a bad spine for Buffalo to build around going forward.

Dubois, Merzlikins, Jenner/Foligno, Savard for Eichel + Miller/Montour? Would that have made both teams better?

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019

Hmmm...this is actually most realistic option I've come across:

EDM: Evlis/Korpisalo + Bjorkstand

CBJ: RNH w/ extension in place

CBJ gets a proven, solid 1/2C and EDM gets severely needed goaltending with a decent Top 6 winger

Thoughts ?

Reactions: Dega4ever

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
That's a pretty good deal for both side. Columbus would have to overpay him not to test the free market though, something like 8x7.5

That is a very bad contract in the Covid era. Something like 6 x $6 to 6 x $6.5 is much more realistic.

It's fantasy when people consider RNH a 1C. He's much better as a 2C and his production more closely resembles that of 2C but he's among best 2C in league.

6zag

Apr 30, 2016
That is a very bad contract in the Covid era. Something like 6 x $6 to 6 x $6.5 is much more realistic.

It's fantasy when people consider RNH a 1C. He's much better as a 2C and his production more closely resembles that of 2C but he's among best 2C in league.

6x6 is even more fantasy because he's not coming to Columbus for that. Not a chance in hell. And at this point I'd be happy with a 2C since we currently basically have a winger as our 1C. Not saying I'd do 7.5 x 8 Either, but that's closer to reality than 6 x 6 is.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
6x6 is even more fantasy because he's not coming to Columbus for that. Not a chance in hell. And at this point I'd be happy with a 2C since we currently basically have a winger as our 1C. Not saying I'd do 7.5 x 8 Either, but that's closer to reality than 6 x 6 is.

I mean other than Taylor Hall nobody is getting market value during the Covid era. 6 x $6.5 to 6 x $6.75 is probably best RNH is going to get. He's not a 1C - he isn't - and expecting more than that is just not gonna happen in my opinion.

PLD deal involved a stud in Laine but it definitely wasn't apples to apples and that's why centers are so important...also not a fan of Torts but that's another story

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Hmmm...this is actually most realistic option I've come across:

EDM: Evlis/Korpisalo + Bjorkstand

CBJ: RNH w/ extension in place

CBJ gets a proven, solid 1/2C and EDM gets severely needed goaltending with a decent Top 6 winger

Thoughts ?

For cbj to move bjork, a big add is needed from edm

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Before the expansion draft?
Why not ? I think the expansion draft is horribly mismanaged by both fans and management. Unless a team has 7 forwards clearly a notch above the rest, and leaving one unprotected means losing a prime asset, there's no reason not to acquire players and leave one more guy unprotected. In all cases, you lose 1 guy. Not necessarily the one you were concerned about. My Habs will have to expose Lehkonen because they signed Toffoli; I love Lehkonen but I can also see that he's unlikely to be taken, and even if he is, it's not much different than if some other guy was taken.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad