Friedman: Blue Jackets looking to acquire Centers

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
upload_2021-3-2_13-57-1.png

Reactions: hn777 and BHD

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
No surprise, the question becomes if he can't find the players (play driving offensive high end centre) to surround Laine with to make Laine successful and worth his contract demands......will CBJ trade Laine for picks/prospects or overpay (& will Laine extend during a retool/rebuild) him to stay while CBJ retools/rebuilds. Jack isn't the solution, but maybe someone else out there might be willing to trade some high end centre.

Reactions: pictman

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
One player who I think could be dangerous for Columbus but they would never do it is Tyler Johnson. He is responsible 2 way player with breakaway speed and transition game that could make Columbus tough. His game has tapered off over the years but he's still a .5 point per game right now and I think could be a sneaky weapon for them.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Could see a Monahan for Domi swap making sense

For who?? Why on earth would Calgary do that, it leaves Backlund as their only real top 6C unless they move Lindholm back to the middle. Which makes very little sense considering he's being good at wing.

Not to mention Domi just isn't the type of player Calgary would need.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Monahan or maybe even Bennett make a ton of sense
Monahan might be interesting. Bennett doesn't really solve problems but could be interesting anyways.

* * *​
Brandon Sutter.

He can’t pass a puck but he’s foundational.
Doesn't really solve anything.

EDIT: Should clarify - he might do as a mentor type, but we need a guy who can shelter and mentor by example. Sutter might be able to do a little bit of the latter, but the former... I'm not seeing it.

* * *​
Johansen or Duchene both have multiple years on their contracts and already are familiar with Columbus. We won't even ask for a Seth Jones-type back.
Joey was already becoming a locker room issue here before he left; reintroducing that probably wouldn't help. Duchene... ...maybe. I really hate the term on that deal tho.

* * *​
Take Strome.
I was going to ask "which one" but I think the answer is still going to be "no" regardless. We do have a star winger now, but not a play-driving one.

* * *​
You can have Compher for a bag of pucks.
Nah.

* * *​
Thought Roslovic and Domi were good enough.

But Keller and Bennett might be potential pick-ups for them.
Roz has been good beyond expectations, but he's only one guy. By contrast, Domi has been far, far worse than anyone predicted.

EDIT: Also, both those guys have spent most of their time on the wing IIRC, which wouldn't really address the core issue we've got right now.

* * *​
Grant is available for nothing please just take him away from Eakins
nnnnope

Last edited:
Reactions: cslebn

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Henrique is available :thumbu:
Would need a loooooot of retention to make that palatable.

* * *​
According to these forums, I thought Roslovic was a stud 1C?
He definitely was off to a hot start and is still doing pretty well compared to his entire NHL career up to this point. I don't think anyone seriously called him a stud #1C already, tho. Just that the possibility of it happening would be LOLworthy.

* * *​
Yeah, and Laine was traded for a third LMAO
To be fair, you have to admit that's still pretty good for us to get Laine for so little. :nod:

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
Just get a real top6 for starters.

Doesn’t have to be a star C, but it needs to be a quality C.

This. Boston went through 2000s to 2012 saying Bergeron wasn't a top C. The uproar that he was chosen for team Canada over Mike Fisher is still laughable today.

You don't need a 100 point McDavid but a Bergeron Krejci combo can take you to 3 Cup finals in 10 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->